Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Long as they keep the ball! in the News & Rumors forums; I was browsing around for new Disney rumors today (actually how i found this site) and came across a rumor that spaceship Earth might become a coaster with a bigger ...
    tinky_wink is offline A-Ticket holder

Long as they keep the ball!

I was browsing around for new Disney rumors today (actually how i found this site) and came across a rumor that spaceship Earth might become a coaster with a bigger price tag than rockin' (at MGM). I know they recently got a new sponsor (siemens) so i had no doubt that this is a high possibility. On a more personal note, if they decide not to chance the type of ride, an update is long over-due.
    " everybody's got a laughing place " ... take a wild guess where mine is...
    {** me when im not in Disney World ... **}

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    You may be right... I've heard this rumors for years as well.... but that would take a HUGE engineering feat (and a lot of time i would think) to gut the ball and insert a roller coaster inside.

Remember... the track for RnR in the Studios was built FIRST, then the building was constructed around it!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I hope they don't!!

I love SEE and the story of communication through time. It would be a real shame if they gutted it and put a 'coaster in instead. Surely there are many other places within the parks where they could build another new 'coaster if they wanted to.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by trickster
    I hope they don't!!

I love SEE and the story of communication through time. It would be a real shame if they gutted it and put a 'coaster in instead. Surely there are many other places within the parks where they could build another new 'coaster if they wanted to.
    I second what Rich says!!!!!!

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I doubt they could do anything but rehab Spaceship Earth.
    I've seen how it was constructed and they couldn't take out the upward spiral, it's integrated with the structure of the ball.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I second what Rich says!!!!!!
    I 3rd that

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I don't think the coaster would be a good idea.....but an update, that would be awesome.....come on, our communications has changed so much lately...
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    As Lou already mentioned, if any rehad of SSE was to occur you would have to get the stuff out of the ball first. Not an easy feat by any means.

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    That would probably require usuing the internation Gateway as the main entance, since SSE takes up the entire walkway...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I think an update to the end part of the communications story, as GaRain said, we have come a very long way in recent years.

I do, however, enjoy all of the AA figures at the beginning.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Though i've never rode on SpaceShip Earth, making such a huge change to it like that seems wrong even to me. That'd be like putting one of those carnival ride drops on the top of Cinderella Castle. O_O Maybe I shouldn't say that too loudly. They may just do it. >>

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Doing anything to Spaceship Earth would be too costly for Disney. They would have to shut the whole park down. Think about it, SE is in the dead center of FW. Its not like Test Track and Mission Space where they are on the edge of the park. They dont have the room to move things in and out of SE. It would interfere with the whole park. Thats why I dont think Disney will be doing anything about SE anytime soon.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I 3rd that
    I 4th it!

Yeah, Lou is right, it would take some incredible engineering to cut that thing open. Plus, what would happen to (according to the DWTBook) the most popular ride on the planet?!?!

It would cause an uproar!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love spaceship earth, it is a nice relaxing ride to go on anytime of the day. They should just update it! There a a million rollercoasters all over the country, that is not why we go to Disney. I miss the rides that have been replaced like 20000 leagues under the sea. The classic rides should be left alone. Spaceship Earth has always been the Symbol of Epcot, I vote that they leave it that way.
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

disneyc is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I 5th it! I really hope they don't change it
    Last edited by disneyc; 03-03-2006 at 11:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast