Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Was this pole of any interest?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • yes

2 25.00%
  • no

1 12.50%
  • somewhat

2 25.00%
  • It's stupid

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss A New Disney Park? in the News & Rumors forums; i just got back from wdw 3 days ago. a cast member told us that it is rumored that a new park will be built, in the area on bay ...
    ksa1314 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i just got back from wdw 3 days ago. a cast member told us that it is rumored that a new park will be built, in the area on bay lake across from fort wilderness and the contemporary, where all that empty space is. they are thinking about maing a coaster park, themed around the disney villians, including malificents(sp?) castle.

he said its still rumored, but he also said that each day it gets more and more detailed, so the rumors may be coming true.

also, if this new park is built, the monorail will be expanded.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Like I said before... I'd be all for it. I'm just doubtful it's true, not that I'm trying to rain on anyone's parade here or anything. But if I were ever to hear anything official confirming this, I'd be right there celebrating alongside ya.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

wheelerwg is offline A-Ticket holder
    But talk about a nail in the coffin for WDW cross-town "rival" (I use that term loosely since Universal draws less than half that of MK alone). There one major selling point that is that WDW is for little kids (and you can count this 22 year old as one of those little kids). An all coster park with sort of a "dark" theme would take even more market share form universal. Also, the point about not opening a new park due to the lack of success of Ak, in 2003, Ak was the 5th most popular theme park in the country behind, in order, MK disneyland, epcot anb DS, not bad for a park where honestly there was not a whole lot to do until EE. :mickey:

ksa1314 is offline A-Ticket holder
    yea, the admission to Ak is wayy down. thats why EE is having a "soft opening". they dont announce what days it will be open but some days it is, some days it isnt (until april 2) so its a way to bring park admission up

Big Cheese is offline B-Ticket Holder
    While we were down there over Xmas, several bus drivers said something is going on because they're cutting (excavating) in roads thru the trees & Disney never expands until they get the infrastructure worked out first. Boy I wish all towns thought that way! Usually it's Walmart first, 2 years of traffic jams, then they decide they should have traffic flow!
    TheBIGGEST,Little kid in the O Family!
    DISNEY ROCKS!
    WDW Dec. 75 - offsite
    WDW June 88 - Honeymoon, offsite
    WDW Feb. 2001 - All Star Sports
    WDW Dec. 2002 - All Star Music
    Disneyland April 2003 - offsite
    WDW Dec. 2005 - POP Century
    WDW Feb. 2007 - All Star Sports
    WDW Feb. 2008 - All Star Sports
    WDW Oct. 2009 - Caribbean Beach
    WDW Feb 2010 All Star Music
    WDW June. 2011 POP Century

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Man if this is true... God I'll be dancing in the streets!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

WDWFan4Life is offline A-Ticket holder
    Last semester had a Disney lawyer come in for Teach In. Said there are no new plans to add a 5th "gate" (that's what they call the parks). But, things can change..... I would love a Villain-themed park, just as long as they have some dark rides like stitch or something. Not just coasters.
    Kevin

Welcome to Stitch Kingdom... Meega Nala Kweetsa!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    To add credibility to my rumor, my girlfriend informed me last night that she heard from an "official source" (... she actually said she heard it straight from one of the imagineers, to be exact), who stated that the MK will be getting at least two new attractions shortly. The first would be going into Tomorrowland to take the place of the recently closed TimeKeeper show. He said that what is currently there (character meet and greets) would be gone before long, and something new would be on its way. The second new attraction(s?) are slotted for Fantasyland. He didn't say exactly where, or give away any hints as to what it may be about, but my guess is that it's going to be going either next to or behind Pooh's Pathetic Spot. I knew that place was just too poorly done to be a long-standing attraction!

I wonder when they'll make it known to the public what their intentions are. I can't wait to know what it is.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Yes, he did. I don't know the numbers, or even if there were ever any numbers assigned to it, but I do know that Disney (both the man and the company) was/is big on conservation (as an example, EPCOT as a whole was moved a few hundred feet to accomodate the nesting area of an endangered bird during the planning phase of the park). I think I heard that only about 1/3 of WDW is actually developed, and that although there is still plenty of room to expand, that Walt did want to leave a large amount of land undeveloped.

Actually it's only 1/4 that is developed and Disney property in Florida is approx. 47 square miles. Also Disney was a huge conversationist. They are supposed to maintain some portion of the land as a wildlife refuge though I have no idea how much.

cecilio_88 is offline A-Ticket holder
    There are rumours that Disney plans to open a Disneyland Theme Park in Mexico, just as the one in Hong Kong.

WDWFan4Life is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love to see a new land open up themed to villains.
    Kevin

Welcome to Stitch Kingdom... Meega Nala Kweetsa!

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Actually a villian park would be a lot of fun! Cruella Devill! haha

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilio_88
    There are rumours that Disney plans to open a Disneyland Theme Park in Mexico, just as the one in Hong Kong.

Where did you hear this? I know the rumor going around now is Shanghai, but I haven't heard a Mexico rumor before...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Mexico? I thought the Mexicans were against us comming there in the first place!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007
    Mexico? I thought the Mexicans were against us comming there in the first place!
    Huh?

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast