Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Was this pole of any interest?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • yes

2 25.00%
  • no

1 12.50%
  • somewhat

2 25.00%
  • It's stupid

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss A New Disney Park? in the News & Rumors forums; Aw. I don't like the idea of Disney Villains being a park. I think it's cool and all but it seems to take away from Disney spirit if they make ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Aw. I don't like the idea of Disney Villains being a park. I think it's cool and all but it seems to take away from Disney spirit if they make coasters.

Or maybe I'm just a Disney Purist?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ahh I love the villians! my brother is eye dropping and just laughed at me. teehee I would like another gate added honestly.

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

tennisbabi1409 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I heard the new park was supposed to have a bunch of thrill rides, but that was last year, so I'm not sure if anything changed since then.
    If you can dream it,
    you can do it!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    To add credibility to my rumor, my girlfriend informed me last night that she heard from an "official source" (... she actually said she heard it straight from one of the imagineers, to be exact), who stated that the MK will be getting at least two new attractions shortly. The first would be going into Tomorrowland to take the place of the recently closed TimeKeeper show. He said that what is currently there (character meet and greets) would be gone before long, and something new would be on its way. The second new attraction(s?) are slotted for Fantasyland. He didn't say exactly where, or give away any hints as to what it may be about, but my guess is that it's going to be going either next to or behind Pooh's Pathetic Spot. I knew that place was just too poorly done to be a long-standing attraction!

I wonder when they'll make it known to the public what their intentions are. I can't wait to know what it is.
    Any new info on these two new rumored attractions? I was wondering about the Pooh thing, if it was permanent or just a temporary space filler...DL is getting a Nemo ride where their sub was, now why didn't MK get the same thing?

I didn't read through all the posts in this thread but personally I don't think MK should have too many thrill rides, if I want to ride coasters or other crazy ride I can go to my local amusement park! I love that the rides are all themed at MK and I really don't miss not going on a thrill ride while I'm there. My 2 cents!
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 03-28-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    agreed. I like Disney parks because they actually make rides that involve imagination and not just rely on throwing your body around like a rag doll and giving it a comic book character's name.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Somewhat off topic: I don't know about you guys but i'm soooo tired of comic book based movies, rides, merchandise etc. It seems that Hollywood can't come up with fresh ideas so they go to comic book stores for inspiration! Then all the theme parks follow, naming all their thrill rides after comic book heroes. What I think is really funny is all the kids toys, clothes and bedding with Spiderman, half these kids are too young to watch the movies and have no clue who that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    Somewhat off topic: I don't know about you guys but i'm soooo tired of comic book based movies, rides, merchandise etc. It seems that Hollywood can't come up with fresh ideas so they go to comic book stores for inspiration! Then all the theme parks follow, naming all their thrill rides after comic book heroes. What I think is really funny is all the kids toys, clothes and bedding with Spiderman, half these kids are too young to watch the movies and have no clue who that is!
    They're only rated PG-13. I saw PG-13 movies when I was 6 and under. Such as Batman. Plenty of kids watch those. Frankly, these days they try to come up with their own stuff and it usually ****s now. I think sometimes it's a case of recognition. People want rides and movies with characters they recognize. It does ****, but it's true.

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    To continue on the "Comic Ride" talk. This friday UCF is hosting a UCF student only night at Universal which I plan to attend (Only due to free tickets. Had that not been the case we were gonna go to Disney tomorrow. We'll go next week on Tuesday...). Anyways from what I remember, the only ride with a good story is Spiderman. Other than that Hulk is good but really only a coaster named Hulk due to lack of story. Other rides there, again, really lack a story... well Cat in the Hat does but only because it's basically the book.

Now to Disney I think there is a way to do a villans themed park. Imagine waiting to get on the ride and you see the story of that villians fight with the hero. Let's take for example Aladdin's Jafar. In the line you see the Aladdin story and Jafar is planning to turn into a snake and take Aladdin out. You do the ride as a "snake" and when leaving the ride you go through an area where you see that in the end the "snake" was stopped and good won over evil....

In the end a Disney park will always be a Disney park as long as there is a build up to the ride in a story and an ending. If they make a new thrill park I do not doubt that they will continue to give us great stories AND rides. Universal and other parks will never be able to do it like Disney because they appeal to those who want quick thrills. Disney knows they appeal to people with imaginations, with a love for storytelling, and who love a great fun ride. I say let's get a Disney thrill park!!!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by arierayeisblond
    i heard about the disney villian park too! i hope it comes out that will be soo cool. disney has soo much land so they can do so much!

Know how they got that land? You may think that 1 person went and bought it all but , WD sent people under-cover to buy the land so people wouldn't raise the land prices somehow word got out but WD almost had all the land they needed... that was a good idea
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Saw in previous posts mention of new road construction at the park property. Is not for roads exactly, but is for single lane HIGHway. If you catch my drift.
    Oh by the way ,the new ride replacing timekeeper is MONSTER'S INC. Got plans and specs for it.. Whoa!

The rumors of a 5th gate are somewhat correct there is talk of a Villian themed area with rides more geared to young adults, along the lines of..yuck.. hate to mention them here...Island of Adventure. Entry would be in Fantasy Land, where Pooh's Playplace currently is. Another post was correct in saying Pooh is only temporary, was done till fill in the dead space, as well as provide screening for construction behind it ,once a decision is finalized on what WDI wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by goofntink
    Saw in previous posts mention of new road construction at the park property. Is not for roads exactly, but is for single lane HIGHway. If you catch my drift.
    Oh by the way ,the new ride replacing timekeeper is MONSTER'S INC. Got plans and specs for it.. Whoa!
    hmm, not sure if Monster's Inc. works in Tommorowland. Which land is it in at Disneyland?

Actually if you think about it , it does fit the theme WDI is and always has gone for. Stitch is directly across from the location where MONSTER'S is going, in the old Timekeeper building, Next door is Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. A kind of Sci-fi thing is what the movie's,the rides are based on are about. {I.e. aliens, monsters, space travel.}. Just like Space Mountain,TTA, Astro Orbiter, Cosmic Rays Restaurant, all in Tommorrow Land

Quote Originally Posted by goofntink
    Actually if you think about it , it does fit the theme WDI is and always has gone for. Stitch is directly across from the location where MONSTER'S is going, in the old Timekeeper building, Next door is Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. A kind of Sci-fi thing is what the movie's,the rides are based on are about. {I.e. aliens, monsters, space travel.}. Just like Space Mountain,TTA, Astro Orbiter, Cosmic Rays Restaurant, all in Tommorrow Land
    I guess. Seems like kind of a strech but i'll have to wait and see the ride for myself before make a final decision.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Not that I'm against it or trying to shoot down your prediction, but I'm just curious if there is enough space in the former Timekeeper building for a Monsters Inc. ride to fit. I haven't been out to Cali to see the M-Inc. ride out there, but I saw a quick glimpse of the ride building when they did a "Disney 411" segment on it on the Disney Channel, and it looked quite large. There's probably more to the old timekeeper building than i remember (it's been a while since I was last in there), but I remember the queue area, the theater, and not much else. I'm not sure I see how another large dark ride is going to fit in that building. The new queue area (I would think) would probably have to expand out into the walkway area between that building and the Stitch area, and that area is already quite crowded, so I'm not sure how well that would work out. I dunno... I guess I'd have to see it to fully understand it.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast