Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Was this pole of any interest?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • yes

2 25.00%
  • no

1 12.50%
  • somewhat

2 25.00%
  • It's stupid

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss A New Disney Park? in the News & Rumors forums; Yeah...this post has been pretty edited. Just yesterday. The same day that people began pointing out that Mr. Wayne has a habit of starting very strange rumors. I don't know, ...
    aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Yeah...this post has been pretty edited. Just yesterday. The same day that people began pointing out that Mr. Wayne has a habit of starting very strange rumors. I don't know, man, that's not very honest or cool.
    Tina

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    ^ Yes , I saw that and I came searching his posts too , only to find out he has edited all of his everything
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

JBM1200 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i know that disny is starting to bild a new park in orlando have no idea what it's them but they are starting to bild one NOW.

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    but I'm just curious if there is enough space in the former Timekeeper building for a Monsters Inc. ride to fit.
    You probably know this already, but the Monsters INC attraction will be a show experience like Honey I shrunk the Audience and Muppetvision, so i hear.

Furthermore... a Villians themed land added to MK would make the most sense, and would be cool! Years ago (10 to be exact) when I worked in the MK, I heard rumors that a Fire Mountain attraction would be taking the place of 20k someday, with villians themed stuff surrounding it. I can tell you from firsthand experience, there is PLENTY of room back there for new attractions. I was told then that this idea was a long way off, and wasn't concrete. as Imagineering NEVER forgets a good idea, I wouldnt put it past them to bring this one to life. And it wouldnt even HAVE to be a new land... Villians would fit into the grand scheme of Fantasyland.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

Quote Originally Posted by JBM1200
    i know that disny is starting to bild a new park in orlando have no idea what it's them but they are starting to bild one NOW.
    ummm, welcome to the boards.

would you like to substantiate that with things like proof, facts, even rumors. how about even spelling "disny" and "bild" correctly? I hope you were just in a hurry and nervous about your first post...

Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This could be true. Attendance is not that great at WDW since there are few new attractions in the offing.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanFykes
    You probably know this already, but the Monsters INC attraction will be a show experience like Honey I shrunk the Audience and Muppetvision, so i hear.
    I am probably wrong. I heard from another very reputable CM friend of mine that M. INC attraction is likely to be quite like Turtle Talk with Crush. NOW IM EXCITED ABOUT THIS. He also told me that it is tenatively scheduled to open late December-early January.

Quote Originally Posted by Myron
    This could be true. Attendance is not that great at WDW since there are few new attractions in the offing.
    Magic Kindgom boasted the world's highest attendance of any Theme park in north America last year, at 16 million, an increase of 6 1/2 percent.

Source- http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200512/2/

Even Animal Kingdom saw a 5% increase last year, and it had 2 million more visits than Universal Orlando. with Expedition: Everest having 45minute to 1 1/2 hour waits this summer... i dont see it going down.

Preliminary observations from friends of mine that are cast members in various roles tell me that this year is even better than last year.

Until Animal Kingdom is complete no new parks will open. it has been stated several times by Disney in the press that until the largest park on property (AK) is at least third in attendance, no plans will be advanced for a 5th park.

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I think a new park would be cool but I have no idea what other kind of park they could build, it seems like they have a park that covers just about everything
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Mouse is offline I'm In Disney!!!
    It would give you even more to do, which would be a lot better in my opion. I also think attendence is going down. The Disney Company may just be trying to find a way to bring more guests into their parks.
    MOUSE

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    I also think attendence is going down.
    I say again... Attendance is UP!!!

Quote- "The latest forecast results from Global Insight expect total visitation to Orlando to increase 3.2% in 2006 to 51.0 million visitors. Visitation is forecasted to grow 3.1% in 2007, and 4.2% in 2008."

source- the Orlando Chamber of Commerce. (http://www.orlandoinfo.com/b2b/resea...r_Forecast.cfm &
    http://www.orlandoinfo.com/b2b/resea...attendance.cfm )

With Orlando area attendance up, and continued growth in area visitation forcast for the next couple of years; combined with WDW's growth last year and the year before that and other area attractions growth flat or NEGATIVE.. It is easy to deduce that attendance is UP this year, corroberated(SP?) by my friends who are current Cast Members telling me that this is the best year they have had since 2001 (most of my CM friends are tipped employees).

That being said, this is exactly the scenario Disney looks for when deciding to open new attractions. they implement new attractions to give the guests more to do and better handle crowds, not up attendance. They have No problems with attendance. In fact, the only down year they have had in the past 10 was 2002, and the Entire travel industry took a hit that year, due mostly fears after 9/11. Disney (and any business for that matter) wants ways to handle more guests at once, thereby maximizing revenue potential. but they will do things to utilize current developed real estate, because this is far cheaper than starting from scratch.

Im sure there are sketchy plans on the table for something... they always are. They have to be, but Imagineering's dreams don't happen overnight! But plans aren't construction.

Please don't let this be taken as harsh... I still like the discussion of what we'd like to see. I just want us to be prepared to wait for it, 'cause it isn't coming anytime soon. Will a 5th park happen? Undoubtably, but I see it more likely happening during WDW's 50th anniversary than it's 35th (that's this year, in case you haven't noticed!)

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    As much as I would love a new park, I think Disney should work on perfecting the 4 they have. I'm not talking much about MK or even epcot, but MGM & DAK still have a lot of work to be done. That's just my personal opinion.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GoofysMommy
    To continue on the "Comic Ride" talk. This friday UCF is hosting a UCF student only night at Universal which I plan to attend (Only due to free tickets. Had that not been the case we were gonna go to Disney tomorrow. We'll go next week on Tuesday...). Anyways from what I remember, the only ride with a good story is Spiderman. Other than that Hulk is good but really only a coaster named Hulk due to lack of story. Other rides there, again, really lack a story... well Cat in the Hat does but only because it's basically the book.

Now to Disney I think there is a way to do a villans themed park. Imagine waiting to get on the ride and you see the story of that villians fight with the hero. Let's take for example Aladdin's Jafar. In the line you see the Aladdin story and Jafar is planning to turn into a snake and take Aladdin out. You do the ride as a "snake" and when leaving the ride you go through an area where you see that in the end the "snake" was stopped and good won over evil....

In the end a Disney park will always be a Disney park as long as there is a build up to the ride in a story and an ending. If they make a new thrill park I do not doubt that they will continue to give us great stories AND rides. Universal and other parks will never be able to do it like Disney because they appeal to those who want quick thrills. Disney knows they appeal to people with imaginations, with a love for storytelling, and who love a great fun ride. I say let's get a Disney thrill park!!!
    i agree completely but it would be hard walking through disneyworld seeing silhouettes of Pete or Mortimer on the street lights and walls as our beloved mickey is in the other theme parks!
    And another great thing would be all the characters they would have to add to bring the villains to life! I can picture it now me getting pictures with my favorite villains Jafar, Randal{Monster's Inc}, Hades, and Zurge,then hopping on "Jafar's Snake Spin" and catch a show Featuring all the bad guys plotting to throw over mickey where of course mickey donald and goofy rise to the challenge take back disney but agree to let them have there own section of it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234