Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Was this pole of any interest?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • yes

2 25.00%
  • no

1 12.50%
  • somewhat

2 25.00%
  • It's stupid

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss A New Disney Park? in the News & Rumors forums; what's up...
    epcot_fan_wayne is offline A-Ticket holder

Question A New Disney Park?

what's up
    Last edited by epcot_fan_wayne; 06-22-2006 at 10:13 PM.

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

Pole?

Is this a strip club pole?
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Red face

Hi everyone
    Last edited by epcot_fan_wayne; 06-22-2006 at 10:12 PM.

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

oh well

at least you know you're being read!
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by epcot_fan_wayne
    Has anyone else heard about a new Disney park?
    For awhile I,ve been coming across articles about Disney opening a new park in the next 3 years, and I heard that some themes have also considered for this park, such as "Disney's Villains" , and "Disney Seas", also "Disney's Coasters". If I could find those articles I will be happy to post them on here.
    Dude, that is one scary looking picture.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

arierayeisblond is offline A-Ticket holder
    i heard about the disney villian park too! i hope it comes out that will be soo cool. disney has soo much land so they can do so much!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Tell me about it i mean, new park , maybe they could AT LEAST get some new quest for VMK
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

wheelerwg is offline A-Ticket holder
    the timing is about right. Disney has opened a new park in florida just about every ten years since 1971 so lets break ground on number 5, what ever they want it to be.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by akur
    Is this a strip club pole?
    That gives me a HORRIBLE image of Minnie Mouse doing a strip dance. Now, if it was one of the princess, say Arial or Jasmine... okay, BAD! Anyhoo, I don't like the idea of another park. I still havn't been to Animal Kingdom OR California Adventure. Let's slow it down abit. But if the WERE to do another one, they should do that sea thing they have in Tokyo.

Thumbs up Disney this weekend!!!

hi people
    Last edited by epcot_fan_wayne; 06-22-2006 at 10:14 PM.

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I lnow there is a lot of land in Florida but didnt Walt Disney want a certain amount of land to be untouched? I know they only have so much left they can use.

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I don't think an entire park based on Disney villains is such a good idea. I mean, it sounds cool and all, but, the idea is WAY too limiting. I mean, all villains all the time? Seems a little boring if you ask me. Disney villains would work better as a land, not a park.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I heard discussion (not even rumor really... just chit chat) about the possibility of a villian-themed something going up somewhere in WDW.

I, like many of you, have heard of the possibility (or was it just wishful thinking?) of a villian-themed park in WDW several months ago. However, I myself don't believe (although I'd love to proven wrong) that Disney would invest enough into villain themeing to create a whole new park, seeing as Disney is so much more about the good guys than it is the bad. If this ever did happen, it would probably be more of a thrill ride park (more like a Six Flags or Islands of Adventure kind of thing) than a typical Disney park. I agree it would be good for bringing in the teenage/young adult crowd, but I really don't think Disney would put that much money and effort into making such a park. it's just not necessary yet, especially with Animal Kingdom still lacking much to do, even 8 years after its own opening.

The theory I've found most believable (I believe I heard this from Lou on an earlier mousetunes podcast a ways back, but I'm not certain...) is that a more realistic option might be instead of adding a park, to simply add a land to the already 7 existing in the Magic Kingdom. Let's face it... even though I'm 21 and absolutely in love with MK (my fav park in the world... no question!), most teens and young adults would prefer something with a bit more in terms of thrills and chills. I bet a lot of you out there prefer MGM simply because of Tower/RnRCoaster/Indy/LMA. Am I not right? MK could use a little something new in terms of thrills. Here's the facts as I see them, and how they might be a clue as to why I think this is possible. Feel free to debate them as you see fit.

-MK lacks serious thrill rides. Space and Splash are nice, but it's just not enough for any real adrenaline junkies out there.

-It would be even greater of a challenge to think up enough original villian ride and show ideas/themes/types to fill an entire new park.

-The costs to create a whole new park would be insane. A single land would cost far less.

-DAK still has some catching up to do, even 8 years after opening. You can see the whole park in just over half a day if the crowds aren't bad. I don't think this leads one to think that Disney would consider a new park just yet.

-The area behind Fantasyland (former location of 20K Leagues) has been vacant forever, and now all of a sudden Pooh's Playful Spot, a very quick and cheap (and probably temporary) attraction has popped up there that uses a fraction of the space available (could this be the first step in a bigger master plan?)

-There is a ton of room behind Pooh's Playful Spot (check out a satellite pic if you don't believe me). I've gone back behind the park (to where Cast Parking and Disney University and those kinds of things are) and there is plenty of room to move around any buildings back there that might be in the way of an expansion of the park. Even if they only wanted to expand back to where the WDWRR tracks are, you would still have as much area, if not slightly more, than any of the current lands take up.

-Look at the trend in thrill-type ride additions: MK got Splash Mt. in 1992. MGM got Tower in '94. In 98 DAK opened (just threw that in here to help get your timeline straight). In 99 EPCOT got Test Track, and MGM got Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. 2003 brought Mission:Space to EPCOT. 2005 saw the 50th celebration, which brought LMA to MGM, and Soarin' (not really a thrill... but very cool!) to EPCOT. 2006 brought Everest to DAK. As you can see, the last "thrill" ride of any sort to hit MK was back in 1992... going on 14 years! Since then, 5 or 6 such rides have opened in the other 3 parks... MK is way overdue!

-Disney has a reputation (mainly because of the MK) that is interpreted as "Disney is for kids and families... there's no grown up fun there." We've all seen and heard it. They never even take the time to learn about the other parks and the nightlife and those kinds of things because they all rope it in together as one. How many times have you heard the MK referred to as "DisneyWorld", or heard someone say that they took the day to drive down to Orlando and see DisneyWorld? How can you see all of WDW in a day? They were probably referring to the MK... they just said DisneyWorld because so many people think they are one in the same. MK is Disney's flagship park, and if they could expand on the reputation of the MK to include stuff for the "grownups", Disney as a whole would benefit from the new guests who have come to realize that it's not just for the kids like they thought it was.

I think each and every one of these points I've just made show that a new land at the MK is a much more plausible (and maybe even necessary) than a new park. I do agree with the villian theme though... that would lend itself well to more "grownup" type thrill rides and such, which would certainly help to expand Disney's reputation out to more than just families and die-hard's like ourselves.

So wrap your brain around that idea for a while, and then tell me if you think I'm crazy or not.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilo_and_Stitch
    I lnow there is a lot of land in Florida but didnt Walt Disney want a certain amount of land to be untouched? I know they only have so much left they can use.
    Yes, he did. I don't know the numbers, or even if there were ever any numbers assigned to it, but I do know that Disney (both the man and the company) was/is big on conservation (as an example, EPCOT as a whole was moved a few hundred feet to accomodate the nesting area of an endangered bird during the planning phase of the park). I think I heard that only about 1/3 of WDW is actually developed, and that although there is still plenty of room to expand, that Walt did want to leave a large amount of land undeveloped.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hi
    Thanks for helping me out with my question.
    On your opinions of the new park I have to agree with you. It would not be economicaly smart for them to build another park with AK lacking so much already. The 20,000 Leagues area is a lot bigger than most people think. I wouldnt be surprised if a new land opened up.

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast