Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Indiana Jones in the News & Rumors forums; Okay so here's my question... Now that Lights, Motor... is at MGM are they going to get rid of Indiana Jones? Maybe add a Indiana Jones RIDE?! I would looooooooooooove ...
    GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Indiana Jones

Okay so here's my question...

Now that Lights, Motor... is at MGM are they going to get rid of Indiana Jones? Maybe add a Indiana Jones RIDE?! I would looooooooooooove that. Especially my boyfriend. He wants that Indiana Jones hat so bad. He might get it some day too if I can save up some money! Lol
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

Ug my signature didn't save let's see if it did now. Anyways yeah if anyone has any info please let me know!

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ever since I heard and researched the Indiana Jones ride in DL, I've ALWAYS thought it would be a fantastic idea to replace the show with the ride. I like the ride so much more. I've never been on it, but I think it would be better than the show. Now, even though it would kill what the Disney Studios are all about, I still think it would bring a lot more interest to it. Not that there isn't already!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When is Indiana closing? My fiance has not seen it yet and I want to make sure he doesn't miss it.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I've heard this tossed around as a rumor for a little while now, and most recently I heard about it from my GF (a CM, but not at MGM). She seems pretty convinced it's happening, but considering how little I've heard so far, I don't think its safe to say it's official yet. Do I think an Indy ride will replace the show?... Yes I do. Eventually i think we will see it happen. But not for a little bit, or at least that's what I'm predicting.

I've got mixed emotions on this rumor, just like I did on the Pirates one (which is now currently happening). I'd love to see the Indy ride happen, but at the same time I really don't want to lose the show. But... they can't really have both (not enough space, and too much Indy), so i guess if one of them has to take the cut, I guess I'd axe the show in order to try something new.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    too much Indy
    I'm gonna have to respectfully request you wash your mouth out with the nearest convenient bar of soap, Don (although not LifeBouy--don't want you to go blind or anything). Too much Indy is an oxymoron of incredible proportions, right up there with "civil war" or "Hyundai Excel."

At any rate--GoofysMom, if your significant other is truly interested in a good Indiana Jones hat, other than the rather shoddy variety sold at MGM, may I suggest you check out:

www.indygear.com

I personally recommend the hats made by the Australian company Akubra. Best fedora I've ever owned (and yes, I wear it as often as possible, including; if not especially, at WDW).

Fair warning--the guys in charge of this site have levels of Indy fandom that make mine look like a passing fancy; bordering on the fanatical (we're talkin' excrutiating 1 & 1/16th inch shop talk at times).

Finally, something on the "Ask The Expert(s)" section that I have actual input on........
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    By too much Indy, I just meant that considering that MGM has all of like 9 attractions or something like that, to have more than 1 of them based on the same character would be a bit repetitive, when there's so many other incredible movies, shows, and characters they could theme them around. I hold nothing against Indy in any way whatsoever. Just share the weath, that's all. Otherwise they might as well just start referring to the park as Disney-Indy Studios.
    -Don-

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    The Indy ride is fabulous and I would love to see it replace the show. I personally think the show is lame and needs to go. The problem I see is that it is basically the exact same ride technology as Dinosaur and I'm not sure they will want both rides at WDW. I think MGM needs more rides, it seems lacking in that department.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraTheGreat
    The problem I see is that it is basically the exact same ride technology as Dinosaur and I'm not sure they will want both rides at WDW.
    That didn't stop them with Star Tours/Body Wars.

What about the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril coaster that is at DLP? Think they would consider replacing the show with something like that?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

With ToT and RnRC already at MGM, do you think they would want to put another coaster type attraction into that park? Hmmm... I personally think MK is due for the next "thrill" ride of any kind. It's been what... 14 years since Splash Mountain went in? But maybe I'm just partial to MK because it is my favorite park. I dunno... MGM is just too small of a park to put three big rides like that into IMO (yes I realize MK is technically smaller than MGM, but MGM has so many large attractions and sets that take up so much room, it leaves the park streets and walkways feeling narrower, and generally a bit more claustrophobic than MK. MK can give the illusion of bring pretty large if the crowds are tame. MGM never feels big to me, regardless of attendance on that day.
    -Don-

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Otherwise they might as well just start referring to the park as Disney-Indy Studios.
    Well, don't let me stop 'em.......

And yeah, I could live with having an east coast version of Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (or Temple of the Four-Hour Line, depending on the day of the week.......). It's a good ride (it's very, very good).

Anyway, whatever does wind up happening, it's all rock and roll to me. I'm still thrilled to death that my favorite place in the world has/once had a spot dedicated to the greatest flick ever made.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Well I think you can NEVER have too many thrills in one park. I honestly also don't think have a ride with a similar system to Dinosaur would be a BAD thing.

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

I don't think having a ride like Dino would be a bad thing... in fact I don't think having a ride like Forbidden Eye would be a bad thing either. I just think that MGM doesn't need another coaster, with RnRC and Tower already there. But being as the first otion (the dino-like indy ride) is unlike anything else at the Studios, I think that it would make a good choice to replace the current Indy show.
    -Don-