Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss POTC Exterior in the News & Rumors forums; BUT I LOVE PETE! HE'S ONE OF THE THINGS I HAAAAAAVE TO SEE EVERY TIME I GO TO THE AREA! ug... So sad to hear... Maybe they are just going ...
    GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    BUT I LOVE PETE! HE'S ONE OF THE THINGS I HAAAAAAVE TO SEE EVERY TIME I GO TO THE AREA!

ug...

So sad to hear... Maybe they are just going to update him or fix him up... I know it's wishful thinking but still... Disney MUST know he's special! I swear if they DO get rid of him I'm organizing a Pete memorial in front of POTC.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I wholeheartedly agree. There should be a memorial for Pete.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll get put inside, and he'll be a zombie version of himself or something.

It's not quite the same, but it would be something...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Last time I stopped to look at Pete, a bird left me a gift right on my head/shirt/camera.

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    See, even the real birds are "bombing" in protest of their fallen comrade, Pete...

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by C#ern@b0g
    I totally understand the need to periodically renovate attractions.

What I don't understand is the strange life imitating art thing that they're donig here.

POTC is a classic. It's so good, that they decide to make a movie that's molded around the mythos.

Now, they're going to go back and dilute what was good just to make it more "recognizable" as it relates to that movie?!

It just doesn't make any sense. It sets an unfortunate precedent too

If they feel the need to toss Eddie Murphy or Jennifer Tilly all over the Haunted Mansion then I'm really going to be upset...
    I doubt they will considering the Haunted Mansion movie didn't do nearly as well as POTC. I think it's a case of people wanting characters they recognize. I know if I was little and went on the ride with only the movie as a refrence, i'd be dissapointed and rather annoyed with the ride that Jack wasn't in it. So far, the only thing i'm not happy with is the removal of the parrot but I think somehow, life will go on.
    Now, in an attempt to bring a lightened side of this...
    THIS PARROT HAS CEASED TO BE! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    To mourn the passing of an old ride, do what I did when the COP was closed. Go stand in front and sing the entire Pirates Life for Me song. Okay, I got some strage looks singing Theres a Great Big, Beautiful Tomm. but it was my way of protesting..hehehe.
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

It's a slippery slope. Once they start down that road, it can only lead to trouble.

Before you know it, Eddie Murphy will be the least of our worries. We'll have Tim Allen for the Shaggy Dog, and Lindsay Lohan with Herbie etc...

If they want to expand into new things, that's great. Just leave the things we love alone...

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I still can't believe they took my Pete....grrrr.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Pete will be greatly missed. Tell me when the memorial is because I will march my butt right up there and bring flowers and birdseeds.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Poor Pete....I really liked him My DD tried to feed him crackers Check out my gallery pics-but ignore the fat lady holding the child- I have no idea who she is. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You know what? My memorial comment was meant a little as a joke but I think I AM going to have one if it is gone for good when the ride re-opens. Someone let me know when it opens if good 'ol Pete isn' t there and I think I may just organize it.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    What if Pete isn't totally gone? They could just transfer him into the interior of the attraction. Maybe he'll be in one of the scenes...or in the loading area. Maybe he'll be at the end of the ride as you leave like Little Leota is in the HM. I think the store could use some updating. i was sad to see the Treasure room was closed when I was down there in September. It always seemed kinda weird to me that the escalator brought you up into the store. i always hoped there would be more to the ride. I am down there from June 27th- July 3rd so I hope I get to ride the new version. I'll be sure to post as soon as I get back.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

CaribbeanPirate is offline A-Ticket holder
    remember when the store had that dock with the steering wheel? and it was used for photo ops? i put on a Captain Hook mask and got my picture taken (by my mom, not a professional thing) standing behind the wheel, the next time i went it was gone. i still always look for it every time i go and theni remeber, o ya, its gone!
    "Be fair, EVERYONE wants 'Mr. Toad's Wild Ride'!" -Brodie Bruce, MALLRATS!

Walt Disney World TWICE This Summer!!!
    June- Old Key West
    August- All Star Music

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    The outside...yes is getting a makeover. I have seen early concept art and it looks pretty cool. (if i had the power to post I would). Also, I have heard from a FLOCK of bluebirds that Capt. Jack, Capt. Barbosa (sorry for the spelling) and possibly one more character will be available for autographs starting with the "new" attraction. Just remember that this was from a FLOCK of bluebirds!!! Have a good Sunday!!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Coincidentally enough, this is right near where I saw those Imagineers talking (mentioned on a previous podcast)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast