Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss POTC Exterior in the News & Rumors forums; While in the MK last week doing some reasearch, I happened upon three Imagineers talking outside POTC. Inquisitive little guy that I am, I did my best to eavesdrop. What ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

POTC Exterior

While in the MK last week doing some reasearch, I happened upon three Imagineers talking outside POTC. Inquisitive little guy that I am, I did my best to eavesdrop.

What I was able to ascertain, without any specific detail, was that the enxterior of the attraction, as well as the covered area, shop, etc., will all be getting a "makeover" as part of the overall "movie-cising" of the attraction.

Will we see the end of Peglegged Pete? What will happen to the shop?

Only time will tell, mateys!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I really wish they would just leave things as they are

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    While in the MK last week doing some reasearch, I happened upon three Imagineers talking outside POTC. Inquisitive little guy that I am, I did my best to eavesdrop.

What I was able to ascertain, without any specific detail, was that the enxterior of the attraction, as well as the covered area, shop, etc., will all be getting a "makeover" as part of the overall "movie-cising" of the attraction.

Will we see the end of Peglegged Pete? What will happen to the shop?

Only time will tell, mateys!
    Thanks for the update. I will try to give them the benefit of the doubt on the redo-they know it is a classic, let's hope they keep it that way.

But Lou-"Research" I mean, does your wife buy that?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Are we kidding with the "research" here?

I am all for updating - as in making the sound improvements, painting, cleaning, but why remove Peg-Legged Pete!?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    No, really... it WAS research! I swear! (2 days in the MK... only rode the TTA, HM and WDWRR)

And yes, not only does my wife buy it, but supports me on these trips as well (I know, Lou... go buy her something nice)

As for Pete, I don't know that he will be changed, just speculating at what COULD be changed! I hope he stays as well!!
    Lou Mongello

Tell no Tales is offline A-Ticket holder
    Athens,GA home of the Georgia Bulldogs go dawgs!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    No, really... it WAS research! I swear! (2 days in the MK... only rode the TTA, HM and WDWRR)

And yes, not only does my wife buy it, but supports me on these trips as well (I know, Lou... go buy her something nice)

As for Pete, I don't know that he will be changed, just speculating at what COULD be changed! I hope he stays as well!!
    lou, i don't no how you did it but i can't go to MK for 2 days and ride only TTA, HM and WDWRR
    Last edited by Tell no Tales; 03-16-2006 at 07:09 PM.
    images-1.jpg

"Good ol' boys"

Research, baby... research.
    Lou Mongello

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I have to say I'm impressed with your self control, I'd have to do a little research on some other stuff too...

You mentioned the store... they're not thinking of closing it as well are they? I didn't get some stuff last time I was there & I was planning to get it this April!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Hey Lou, thought you'd be interested in what Paul (SummerSun) found out last weekend at the MK regarding Peg Leg Pete....looks as though he will indeed be gone! http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...highlight=Pete

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    why why why??? i'm all for slight adjustments, refurbs, but major renovations are killing me here....i like my disney how it is...
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Somebody go take circlevision styled pictures of everything!!

In other words, i will miss him, good bird, my friend
    Last edited by lovedisprinces; 03-15-2006 at 10:49 PM.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    poor peg leg pete and i don't even like birds!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I totally understand the need to periodically renovate attractions.

What I don't understand is the strange life imitating art thing that they're donig here.

POTC is a classic. It's so good, that they decide to make a movie that's molded around the mythos.

Now, they're going to go back and dilute what was good just to make it more "recognizable" as it relates to that movie?!

It just doesn't make any sense. It sets an unfortunate precedent too

If they feel the need to toss Eddie Murphy or Jennifer Tilly all over the Haunted Mansion then I'm really going to be upset...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

haunted mouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just got back from my trip on Wednesday, POTC was closed already, even though someone on here said it was not due to close till end of the month, and Peg-Legged Pete was gone off of his perch. I was severly bummed because I thought for sure I would be able to ride the good ole POTC at least 1 more time while on my trip.

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I'm definitely disappointed that I won't get to see the classic myself. I'll be down there the second week in May, and I will miss the ride altogether, like yourself.

I'm sorry you had to miss out. I'm trying to figure out a plan to get around MK without going past that area, because all it will do is make me "homesick"...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast