Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Do You Like The Monorails? in the News & Rumors forums; I love the Monorails it cool....
    slipknot06 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love the Monorails it cool.

tkdlouie is offline A-Ticket holder
    i love the monorail system and i think that it is the fastest and most efficient way to move people from one place to another... the only thing that i dont like about them is that they only provide services to a few hotels...i think that they should have the monorail so that it runs to all hotels or at least have monorail stations close to hotels and have shuttles that take you to you hotel from there...i also think that they should have the monorail run to mgm studios and animal kingdon also

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    People love the monorails more than anything else in Disney I think!
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

i also think that different states should consider the monorail system for fast transportartion around there sate.....example::...getting from miami, florida to orlando, florida in a matter of of 20 minutes to a half an our.....because of the fact that monorails can oporate up to around 120mph safely!!

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdlouie View Post
    i also think that different states should consider the monorail system for fast transportartion around there sate.....example::...getting from miami, florida to orlando, florida in a matter of of 20 minutes to a half an our.....because of the fact that monorails can oporate up to around 120mph safely!!
    good looks on that observation!
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

thank you jquatt21... i was just thinking about what a good idea that would be..... i mean it wouldnt be hard to just put a monorail line right next to a highway like I75 or something... so the monorail system wouldnt take up any extra room or land... they would just have to build different stations but im sure that the government would be able to afford that. I think it is the most eficient and reasonable way to go about traveling across states... and i think that it would also open up thousands and thousands of different job oppourtunities to different people across various states because of the minimal travel time using the monorail system...its also and alternative to families and people that are traveling... example::...family from miami traveling to disney world...have a station that is on disney property where disney busses could pick the family up and take them to their hotel...and the family could just disney transportation to travel from park to park...and then take the monorail system back to miami at the end f their vacation....i think its a great idea and i really want to find a way to get the idea out to someone that could make it happen....... does anyone have any ideas

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdlouie View Post
    i love the monorail system and i think that it is the fastest and most efficient way to move people from one place to another... the only thing that i dont like about them is that they only provide services to a few hotels...i think that they should have the monorail so that it runs to all hotels or at least have monorail stations close to hotels and have shuttles that take you to you hotel from there...i also think that they should have the monorail run to mgm studios and animal kingdon also
    Problem with that is if they did, not only would it take the novelty away from the few hotels that do, but in order to pay for this expansion, the other hotels would most likely have to charge more and they're supposed to be "value" and "moderate" hotels. Making them cost more would kill that.

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    LOVE THEM!!!! RIDING UP FRONT IS AWESOME!!!!!
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Love them. I like going around SSE at Epcot and looking down at the people below. I also like to watch all the kids' reactions as you approach MK. I watched a couple of little girls and their parents get so excited as they approached and saw Space Mountain for the first time. My girls on the other hand are old pros; they are so used to riding them they just relax in the AC!

fortuosity is offline NOW APPROACHING...
    Trapped in the Earful Tower with the Animaniacs
    I LOVE THE MONORAIL!!!

Unless you've been walking for twelve hours and you just wanna get back to your car and you have to stand for the entire duration of the ride with some little kids crying because they don't wanna leave
    More Beer? What For Nothing Helps... Get Me Five Dozen Eggs Instead
    Imagination! Imagination! A Dream Can Be A Dream Come True With Just A Spark In Me And You

America, Keep On Flying Now. Keep Your Spirit Free, Facing New Frontiers

Cinderella CastleSpaceship EarthTree Of LifeEarful Tower

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I love the monorails! They are so original and the first thought when you see them is WDW!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

bosco837 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The first time I ever went to the Magic Kingdom (when there was only 1 park) I wanted to be a monorail driver. I even had my pic taken with a driver. I thought it was so cool....and sitting up front....thats the best!
    PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE EDDDDDIIIEEE!!!!!

jcv229 is offline A-Ticket holder

Connecting other parks

Any reason why they don't want to connect MGM and the boardwalk or Downtown Disney to the line other then the cost? It would seem that alone could be a big draw for them against Universal and the others. For some reason, the buses never quite had the "magic"

bosco837 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I actually think they should come up with some type of hub or station and have monorails going to every park. Or even one that encompasses the entire area in some way. I like the thinking of Downtown Disney. Or even like with Epcot and the Transportation center...have one from each park to transportation center. Easier if you want to hit other parks.
    PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE EDDDDDIIIEEE!!!!!

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I too love the monorails. We always make sure we ride them at least once on every visit. I know it would be very pricey, but have always wondered why the monorails weren't expanded to more areas of the resort.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast