Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New WDW Rumors! (and news!?) in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by epcot man i can't believe they would change or get rid of millionaire is it a licence or rights thing ....this show is always packed out when ...
    bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by epcot man
    i can't believe they would change or get rid of millionaire is it a licence or rights thing ....this show is always packed out when i'm there ---i hope not --that would be a great shame,on the other hand i'm excited by the news that they could change the indiana jones show--as long as it stays indy themed--we all love indiana jones!!!!!!
    Hopefully this rumor is just starting because of the closure of the one in CA. I enjoy this show a lot too.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

I actually thought of one reason Millionaire could close despite it's popularity since it was made to use an under utilized soundstage, if there is a large increase of use in sound stages at the studios perhaps that would be a reason to close it. That said it seems unlikely.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Did Millionaire once a couple of years ago. I guess since it has lost its popularity on TV its time Disney moved on to something else. Here in Indiana the TV show is on ABC around Noon. My wife still watches, but the contestants can't get past the $1,000 question most of the time anymore.

We always check out what's happening in that building. Is Haunted Mansion movie set still there?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    JC, the HM set is still in the stage next door. They use it for special events and the like.

Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking

My contribution to this topic will be a big CHEER for The Motor Stunt Show!
    It's just AWESOME!

You will love it!!!
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

JoeCollege is offline A-Ticket holder
    As of Today, there was no Single Riders Line for Space Mountain.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thanks for the on-site update, JC!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCollege
    As of Today, there was no Single Riders Line for Space Mountain.

Were they not using it? It was there just two days ago. It splits from the main line behind the control panel.

Well since i was headinf to MK to take pics of 20K and Stitch I figured I would check on this to see what they were up to. All the Single rider lines are gone (again). Who knows whats up now.

mondo1748 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    OK OK OK.....I know you guys like WWTBAM....but come on if they don't pull it out it's going to soon die. Yes, it's pack but when you have lines, its a fast place to get into. IF they keep it then they should make it a more Disney focused version of the game and change up the show enough to seperate it from the TV shows image. Because if the TV show fails right now it may fail to. I sure hope they don't replace it with another stunt show....these are lame at best and very limited to the number of showings in a day.

Indi ride...I like the DL version of it but it needs a little more pazaz if it gets done in WDW. What about a Temple of Doom roller coaster and add effects like the Indi ride in DL.

20K will be replaced by another show hu .....probably another show based on old animation since the new animation bites. Again Show times are limited and they should focus on a ride. They can try Lion King, Little Mermaid, B and the Beast, Mulan, or Hercules (the last one could be fun if they run with it).

Timekeeper closing....I've never seen it, but good....Since it opened it hasn't grabbed a big crowd. Lets let it die and move on....you could make a cool Tron or Black Hole ride out of this.

Is space mountain still running (sarcasim) This ride needs a total tear down. It needs a launch like R'nR but up, and needs a cool interact set up. Lets lose the late 70's mission control and dated light effects....what about some smoke, fiberoptics, and so on. I can't believe we get excited over a line change up. Is this what Paul Presslers reign of terror has made us do.....get excited over lame things ....Oh my head They could work on it on side at a time.

Disney needs to re-focus its efforts.....first and formost on the maintainence of the parks (cleaning and fixing). Then address the transportation....Another DVC is not in my plan book of upgrades it needs to have right now, if your can't get those people to the parks with in an hour. Then push in 7 more thrill rides (at least one for each park). Then go to Animal Kingdom and expand it. Kingdom in my mind means more the Asia and Africa. What about Australia or the Artic or the ocean. Then come back and add a Thrill ride heavy (not dominated) 5th park. That is a plan for success.

I'd kinda like to see Disney still do an American History park. One thing I would like them to add to their plans for it is the old America Sings attraction, maybe they could get some economies of scale going by building the figures for a Spalsh Mountain for DLP (or one of the Chinese parks) at the same time they are building the America sings figures. For those of you who don't know the original cast of America Sings ended up, for the most part, in Disneylands Splash Mountain.

stitchfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    As of today Stich is no longer playing Chess with the Pirates. Not sure where he is at.
    Did you ever take a photo of Stitch playing Chess?

{(AB)} is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow thats alot of rumors, do you think the indiana jones attraction ( the new one) will be a copy of the indiana jones roller coaster at the paris resort?????

thanks, {[AB]}

mikesoccer40 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would agree to a Temple of Doom railcar ride that has elements of the film and the high-speed chase on it, but will it then be competing with Everest for ride time (But more roller coasters is always a good thing !!!)

As for Space Mountain I love it, but the future and progress moves on. If they are going to redo it, would it not be a good idea to work on theming it along the Star Wars line. It would be great to have it be themed as a launch point for an attack on the Death Star and with a RRC launch be propelled directly into the fight.

Just some random thoughts for comments.

nsync66138 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I personally love Space mountain the way it is. Its one of my favorite rides in Magic Kingdom so if they go to redo it I hope they keep it pretty much the same for the most part. I can't stand the winnie the pooh ride, I guess I am biast to it conicdering they took down Mr. Toads Wild Ride so I'm hoping they do something to make winnie the pooh a little more exciting. Indiana Jones, def. can use something new. Its an old show and everytime I go its been the same thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast