Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New WDW Rumors! (and news!?) in the News & Rumors forums; Today's been a busy day in the DWT Rumor Mill (wherever that is). Here are some new and updated WDW Rumors from our "inside sources" deep within the Utilidors: Space ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

New WDW Rumors! (and news!?)

Today's been a busy day in the DWT Rumor Mill (wherever that is).

Here are some new and updated WDW Rumors from our "inside sources" deep within the Utilidors:

Space Mountain - The queue area of Space Mountain has been reconfigured to allow for a single ride line

Stich - Sshhhhhh!! A little bird told me that there will be daily soft openings lasting between 1-2 hours starting September 1! And look for the new, huge robotic "guns" hanging from the ceiling! I hear they're quite impressive! Also, there has been a confirmed signting of our little blue Alien friend in the dungeon of Pirates of the Caribbean.... Look for him also to show up at the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, Big Thunder Mountain and The Country Bears. Look for Stictch to jump on one of the Star Jets... oh I mean, Astro Orbiter cars during the attraction!

it's a small world - What??? The theme song from the attraction WON'T be there when the ride opens after the rehab? Well, not quite.... BUT.... a decision is being made as to what soundtrack may be used - the original World’s Fair version or the one we all are familiar with. No matter what, the same song will be there... over... and over... and over again. Now it's stuck in your head and I've ruied your day. Also, I hear that the outside facade may be modifed as well to more closely resemble the Mary Blair-designed Disneyland version.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Ready for the new Pooh-inspired Hundred Acre Wood play area? Not so fast... Mr. Bluebird (on my shoulder) whispered that it may end up being a Disney Princess play area instead, with a small attraction being built sometime in the future. (Now I can go find Princess Jasmine and see why she hasn't been returning my calls. Do they even have phones in Agrabah??)

Timekeeper - Oh, how I hate these "seasonal" attractions... usually sounds the death-knell for them... Once again, rumors of a "Little Green Men" from Toy Story attraction are popping up, with the completion of Stitch now in sight. We'll keep our eyes and ears open for more on this.

The Living Seas - Gentlemen, start your (Sea Cabs) engines... yes, rumors of the Sea Cabs coming back to the attraction are starting (again). Of course, look for the full Nemo-tie-in if this is the case.

The Land - With Soarin' construction well underway, the entiure pavilion may close after the mad holiday season for inside work on the entire pavilion, including a full rehab of the food court. Where is Bonnie Appetite when we need her?

Norway - What? You don't stay for the Norway tourism film? Well, you better start, 'cause it's being replaced next year. (My 2 cents - I actually stay and watch it. Quite a nice movie in my opinion. Now I just have to go to Norway)

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - OK. I just spoke to Michael Eisner and told him to stop these rumprs about WWTBAM closing in Orlando, (now that the one in DL is closed fo rgood) until Lou gets into the Hot Seat and wins. He said something about him being more worried about his future and hung up. Yes, rumors have started about Millionaire closing at WDW to be replaced by some sort of live-action stunt show, etc. (Clearly, WDW is targeting the teen and pre-teen scene with the action-packed shows and attractions as of late. Don't worry Michael... WDW will always be better than Universal)

Indiana Jones - With the new Motors Stunt Show at MGM under construction, a nice CM who wants to remain anonymous (OK, his name is Mickey. Mouse) tells me that once it's up and running, Indy may close to make way for a new Indiana Jones-based attraction.

Frontierland - The often-rumored Adventures of Lou in Frontierland attraction is still permanently at the very bottom of the deepest garbage-pail in the Disney offices.

Disney Vacation Club - Another source has told me about the rumored closing of a wing of Contemporary for conversion into a DVC resort. The North wing has been spoken of as being torn down, with a new, 5-story resort built in its place.

That's it for now... we'll keep in touch

Have a good day... or night.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lou....WOW, that's a lot of rumors you've corralled there!!

I should know this, but how are the "rockets" on Space Mountain configured? Seems to me there is some odd thing like three to a rocket and two rockets to a set? In any event, a single riders line would make a lot of sense on a ride like that.

And I don't understand that about Jasmine....she's always very prompt in returning my calls! It's Ariel who seems to be shunning me these days!

The Indiana Jones rumor is interesting....any chance they'll bring in a copy of the Disneyland IJ ride that is kind of similar to Dinosaur? I've heard that the DL Indiana Jones attraction is often voted one of the highest liked ones there. My apologies if it's not really DL but is that other park out there. I kind of lump them together in my head.

The conversion of the North wing of the Contemporary Resort to make a new DVC resort is a rumor that has been around for quite a while....at least three years now. But there does seem to be a renewed vigor to the rumors about it. Saratoga Springs is selling very well for Disney, but it will be so large that they still project it to take another 3 years to sell out. On the other hand, if they want to have something lined up to sell after that, they'll need to get construction going in the next year or so. It will be interesting to see if demand for DVC continues to be so strong.

Thanks for compiling the rumors. None of them hit the "Oh no, they're ruining the place" button with me, though there is always bittersweet thoughts about closing down anything like Timekeeper. Nice job, Lou!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Come on now...I don't understand why Jasmine isn't returning your calls. I've heard that she has one of the last remaining princess phones in existence!!!
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Timekeeper - Oh, how I hate these "seasonal" attractions... usually sounds the death-knell for them... Once again, rumors of a "Little Green Men" from Toy Story attraction are popping up, with the completion of Stitch now in sight. We'll keep our eyes and ears open for more on this.
    Is there any clue as to what type of attraction they are talking? film, omnimover, or whatever ? I'd hate to see Timekeeper go.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I know that I really want to go on the adventures with Lou in Frontierland!!!

Will I have a chance to play Millionaire when I go in November or is it due to close before then?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    hope millionare doesn't close soon because i liked that game

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Frontierland - The often-rumored Adventures of Lou in Frontierland attraction is still permanently at the very bottom of the deepest garbage-pail in the Disney offices.

Doe this "Adventures of Lou in Frontierland" include a Red Headed Wench?

heheheheheheh
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Be still my heart...I may get to see my blue baby after all!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Today's been a busy day in the DWT Rumor Mill (wherever that is).

Here are some new and updated WDW Rumors from our "inside sources" deep within the Utilidors:

Space Mountain - The queue area of Space Mountain has been reconfigured to allow for a single ride line

Stich - Sshhhhhh!! A little bird told me that there will be daily soft openings lasting between 1-2 hours starting September 1! And look for the new, huge robotic "guns" hanging from the ceiling! I hear they're quite impressive! Also, there has been a confirmed signting of our little blue Alien friend in the dungeon of Pirates of the Caribbean.... Look for him also to show up at the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, Big Thunder Mountain and The Country Bears. Look for Stictch to jump on one of the Star Jets... oh I mean, Astro Orbiter cars during the attraction!

it's a small world - What??? The theme song from the attraction WON'T be there when the ride opens after the rehab? Well, not quite.... BUT.... a decision is being made as to what soundtrack may be used - the original World’s Fair version or the one we all are familiar with. No matter what, the same song will be there... over... and over... and over again. Now it's stuck in your head and I've ruied your day. Also, I hear that the outside facade may be modifed as well to more closely resemble the Mary Blair-designed Disneyland version.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Ready for the new Pooh-inspired Hundred Acre Wood play area? Not so fast... Mr. Bluebird (on my shoulder) whispered that it may end up being a Disney Princess play area instead, with a small attraction being built sometime in the future. (Now I can go find Princess Jasmine and see why she hasn't been returning my calls. Do they even have phones in Agrabah??)

The Living Seas - Gentlemen, start your (Sea Cabs) engines... yes, rumors of the Sea Cabs coming back to the attraction are starting (again). Of course, look for the full Nemo-tie-in if this is the case.

The Land - With Soarin' construction well underway, the entiure pavilion may close after the mad holiday season for inside work on the entire pavilion, including a full rehab of the food court. Where is Bonnie Appetite when we need her?

Norway - What? You don't stay for the Norway tourism film? Well, you better start, 'cause it's being replaced next year. (My 2 cents - I actually stay and watch it. Quite a nice movie in my opinion. Now I just have to go to Norway)

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - OK. I just spoke to Michael Eisner and told him to stop these rumprs about WWTBAM closing in Orlando, (now that the one in DL is closed fo rgood) until Lou gets into the Hot Seat and wins. He said something about him being more worried about his future and hung up. Yes, rumors have started about Millionaire closing at WDW to be replaced by some sort of live-action stunt show, etc. (Clearly, WDW is targeting the teen and pre-teen scene with the action-packed shows and attractions as of late. Don't worry Michael... WDW will always be better than Universal)

Indiana Jones - With the new Motors Stunt Show at MGM under construction, a nice CM who wants to remain anonymous (OK, his name is Mickey. Mouse) tells me that once it's up and running, Indy may close to make way for a new Indiana Jones-based attraction.

Disney Vacation Club - Another source has told me about the rumored closing of a wing of Contemporary for conversion into a DVC resort. The North wing has been spoken of as being torn down, with a new, 5-story resort built in its place.

That's it for now... we'll keep in touch

Have a good day... or night.
    Is that all?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    Is there any clue as to what type of attraction they are talking? film, omnimover, or whatever ? I'd hate to see Timekeeper go.
    I've heard one rumor which was a "bumper-car" style attraction, but I just don't see it, personally (especially with a similar "ride" at DisneyQuest)
    Lou Mongello

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Does this "Adventures of Lou in Frontierland" include a Red Headed Wench?

heheheheheheh
    But of course!

"We wants the red 'ed.... We wants the red 'ed"
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Well what a list you have there Lou.

The single rider thing at Space has been worked and reworked and reworked.... since May. Sunday is the start of a new week. Maybe they will leave it alone finally.

As of today Stich is no longer playing Chess with the Pirates. Not sure where he is at.

20K looks so sad. It is a mud pit with concrete walls. They have removed much of the rockwork around the cave entrance as well.

I do see Millionaire closing soon as sad as that is. I really enjoyed that game. I think the Indy ride would help the park though.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic

As of today Stich is no longer playing Chess with the Pirates. Not sure where he is at.
    Bummer.
    Maybe he'll show up in the Haunted Mansion as a Hitchhiking Ghost?

One can hope...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i can't believe they would change or get rid of millionaire is it a licence or rights thing ....this show is always packed out when i'm there ---i hope not --that would be a great shame,on the other hand i'm excited by the news that they could change the indiana jones show--as long as it stays indy themed--we all love indiana jones!!!!!!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

bumber Cars...Flying Saucers!!!

I've heard one rumor which was a "bumper-car" style attraction, but I just don't see it, personally (especially with a similar "ride" at DisneyQuest)
    This could be really good in the early 60's disneyland had a flying saucer ride which is fondly remembered by many even today, the ride was a bit ahead of the technoogy available at the time and had frequent downtime, with new technology and an indoor venue it could perhaps be pulled off much more successfully today. Also, one of the rumors for this attration was at one time that it might go in the carousel theatre location yes? So if it went in where Timekeeper is instead it at least might signal that the carousel is safe for a bit longer, of course better yet would be if they put this attraction closer to where the skyway used to be maybe filling in much of the Space between Space Mountains entrance and the Carousel of Progress.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast