Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Villians Park? in the News & Rumors forums; I had heard a number of years ago that there was going to be a fourth park and it would be a tribute to the villians. Has anyone else ever ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Question Villians Park?

I had heard a number of years ago that there was going to be a fourth park and it would be a tribute to the villians. Has anyone else ever heard this or am I out of my mind. (My friend Lisa also heard this so we could both be crazy)

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    No, you are not losing your mind. That rumor has been around forever it seems. However, would like Disney to build a new park before I go to the big theme park in the sky.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'd settle even for a Villains Land in one of the four existing theme parks, but an entire park dedicated to our favorite bad boys & girls would be awesome!

Long live the villains!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    there was going to be a fourth park and it would be a tribute to the villians.
    It would have been the fourth park had it been built. Now it will have to settle for the 5th park if it even gets that lucky.

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    a new park would be unbelievably great...ooohhh i hadn't heard that one before,it's got me "wishing":mickey:
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    It has been on the 5 year plan for about 15 yrs now. They haven't cleared up what 5 yr period it will be built.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    It would have been the fourth park had it been built. Now it will have to settle for the 5th park if it even gets that lucky.
    Oh yeah, sometimes I have trouble counting. OOOPS

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok, call me crazy, but the night before yesterday I dreamed that Disney was going to build a Thrill Park... to answer against IOA... And mirror DL's sister park in a funny way.

Disney's Florida Adventure Park... with thrill rides in different themed areas (or lands... in Disney language)!

Ok, I dream about Disney almost every night...
    And I am not going to bore you all with endless topics about my Disney dreams...

But I wanted to share this because the dream was so REAL... I could describe every detail when I woke up.
    I went straight ahead and wrote most of it down when I woke up.
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Jonas... tell us about some of your attractions!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BellhopSerling is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Long live the villains!!
    Dun Dun Dun!
    - - - Ryan - - -
    The HOLLYWOOD TOWER Hotel

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    hey, bellhopserling i saw your name and location and it got me thinking... they should put Talky Tina and Anthony in that Villian Park!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna View Post
    I had heard a number of years ago that there was going to be a fourth park and it would be a tribute to the villians. Has anyone else ever heard this or am I out of my mind. (My friend Lisa also heard this so we could both be crazy)
    This rumor has been around forever and a half. But frankly, I'd really like to see them "finish" the last two parks before making a fifth. Even with the addition of Expedition Everest, Animal Kingdom is still a half-day park, and on non-busy days, so is MGM. Looking at a Google Map of the park, there is a LOT of land between Camp Minnie Mickey and Africa and betwen Africa and Asia that could be developed and put to good use. And really, Camp Minnie Mickey is barely used at all. It has FotLK and a tiny little area for Pocahontas, and the "greeting trails". Let's put some real attractions in these empty spaces, make it worth keeping the park open past 5pm. I'm so tired of hearing all the TV specials and guidebooks tell us that Animal Kingdom is so large that the other three parks could fit into it with room to spare, yet there's so little to do there. And yes, I "get" that it's a different species of theme park, and I shouldn't just be going from attraction to attraction without stopping to smell the roses. But given that Disney doesn't keep it open past 5pm most days, even they acknowledge that that's what's happening.

MGM's the same way to a lesser extent. The entire Mickey's Avenue area has nothing but One Man's Dream, the pseudo-temporary Narnia, and eventually Toy Story Mania. The old ABC theatre hasn't been used in however long. The remains of the backlot tour aren't worth visiting (IMNSHO, of course), and the whole Streets of America bit is an absurdly large piece of real estate for nothing but building fašades.

"Finish" those two parks and *then* worry about building a fifth.

Paul Lalli

P.S. (Yes, yes, I know - "Disneyland will never be complete". You know what I mean. Make each park worth going to for at least one full day)

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    AMEN, brother!!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    The VIllian Park rumor is interesting just because of the repsonses it brings out from people. I'm a doubter of the Villian Park because it's a limiting theme, Villians and thrill rides. I 'm very intrigued by a mirror to MK with a dark castle etc, but theming the entire park Villians would be rough. Would you theme lands in the park by villian and movie or era modern vivllians, classic villains ect? Or mirror MK complete with counterparts to each land and counterpart rides CPT Hook as opposed tot he peter Pan ride, The evil queens castle or maleficents castle as opposed to Cinderellas castle etc?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.