Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Pirates Spring Break Opening? in the News & Rumors forums; Does anybody know the dates for the Pirates temp opening for spring break? The official word is that it's closed until the movie opening, but I've heard several times that ...
    UncleJumbaa is offline A-Ticket holder

Pirates Spring Break Opening?

Does anybody know the dates for the Pirates temp opening for spring break? The official word is that it's closed until the movie opening, but I've heard several times that it's going to open for SB. It's my wife's favorite & we're going down 4/21-4/25 & I was hoping we'd catch it. Be well all!

Lissa is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have heard from a few sources that it will open temporarily (after phase 1 is complete) around April 7th or 8th and remain open through April 30th. It will be closed May and June for phase 2 of the refurb and then reopen to coincide with the premiere of Dead Man's Chest. Sad news is that they won't have the Jack Sparrow Audio Animatronic up and ready for you. Have fun on the trip!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting at the end of every day!"

Follow me on Twitter @LissaRFAK

Raising Food Allergic Kids? Visit http://www.rfak.org

Thanks Lissa! Be well!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I can't tell you how excited I am to see this. Not riding pirates on my vacation this year would have made me very sad. But then I saw a Lou rumor and I was so happy. I don't care if there is scaffolding all over and the pirates aren't moving, just so I can go on my POTC!!! Thanks so much for the info.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    To our "secret informers"... through Lou, of course.... any chance that Pirates may be open in May?

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I don't know personally, but I know I'm going to Disneyland in May and they are doing the same refurbishment on the pirates out there, and the Disneyland Pirates is closed in May, so I'm assuming that the Disney World one will be closed too unfortunately, but maybe someone else knows better!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am assuming because this is a fairly big rehab that both the PoTC will not be open again until late June which is when the premier of Dead Mans Chest is at Disneyland
    -Tommy-

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa
    I have heard from a few sources that it will open temporarily (after phase 1 is complete) around April 7th or 8th and remain open through April 30th. It will be closed May and June for phase 2 of the refurb and then reopen to coincide with the premiere of Dead Man's Chest. Sad news is that they won't have the Jack Sparrow Audio Animatronic up and ready for you. Have fun on the trip!
    This is true... straight from the Magic Kingdom... Pirates will open on April 7th after a general rehab (cleaning, dusting, water filter, etc.) There has been no additions (as far as Managment knows) from the "new" attraction. Pirates will then close again on May 1st and that is when the new additions go in, until the movie release.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Thanks Summer Sun! My wife is excited, though wonders if I just sit at work all day on this forum and looking up Disney info, while she is slaving away. You rock!

Lissa is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleJumbaa
    Thanks Summer Sun! My wife is excited, though wonders if I just sit at work all day on this forum and looking up Disney info, while she is slaving away. You rock!
    Yes, that's what we all do. And remind your wife that she has that option, too. Glad to see that my rumor is confirmed!!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting at the end of every day!"

Follow me on Twitter @LissaRFAK

Raising Food Allergic Kids? Visit http://www.rfak.org

The counter service by the pirates is open from april 8th and i think for 2 weeks after that too!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa
    i was just there and it was open but could someone tell me that in the fire scene are the two guys standing on a ledge in that scene with torches new or have they always been there. THey reminded me of the guy with the glass eye and his buddy from the movie.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    Those two with the torches have always been there. I remember seeing a Sing-along video in the early 80's with the Pirates song and those two were definitely there. They are in the vidoe at the "aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads" part...sad that I remember that.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I went recently. The sound was better, a cannon on the ship squirted water at my face, the lighting was different (for example the boat scene, the lighting was on super bright I could see everything.), the animatronics seemed cleaned up and wigs seemed newer, and the dog in the jail scene was different. I even asked a CM about it and she confirmed it. Only thing I couldn't get confirmed was if the ship had been changed and/or lowered because that is how it seemed to me. But I really think it's been changed. I mean I've never seen the cannon's squirt anyone with water and it just seemed lower...
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

Hey! I got wet too! Now I know I'm not imaging it. I just thought it was a fluke, cuz I got wet once years ago when the cannons were malfunctuing, but now I know it may not be. I got soaked cuz I was on teh end. lol. But then my boat broke down too, so who knows.

Anyway, I noticed a couple different hats on different characters. Also, I noticed a huge wheelbarrel that I KNOW wasn't there before. Also in the last scene, there is a room in back with tons of swords and knifes and suites of armor, it almost looks like the blacksmith shop from the movie.

Also, I got stuck right by the donkey and the people singing, because it broke down and I sat there for 20 minutes. It's great to have a donkey sing to you. ;-) It was kinda amusing. Although i was singing the song all day!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast