Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Gay Days? in the News & Rumors forums; I have heard there's some un-official thing called GAY DAY at WDW and DL. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. Part of me is okay with it ...
    GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Gay Days?

I have heard there's some un-official thing called GAY DAY at WDW and DL. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. Part of me is okay with it but after some stories I have read I don't even know if I would want to make any plans to go to WDW those days. Can someone tell me about it and if I really should avoid the parks those days. Mind you I am liberal and totally okay with gay people but some stories I have heard make me feel like maybe I wouldn't want to pan any WDW trips during those days. I don't like feeling like I need to avoid those days but I may if the stories are true.
    Last edited by GoofysMommy; 03-29-2006 at 02:43 PM.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    why avoid the parks, they are just people like me and you? do you feel uncomfortable around african americans also?

homosexuals live a different lifestyle which they are in no way asking you to live, just as i'm sure my lifestyle is different from yours.

stop the hate, stop the intolerance.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i'm sorry, i know there is not a lot that phases me, but i do have family members that are homosexual, and i have to say that i'm a little offended by this thread, since it seems to have a lot of potential for stirring up feelings on both sides.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I am sure if any person in the park was doing something inappropriate whether on 'gay day' or 'cheerleader day' or Easter Day it would be dealt with according to Disney policy. I have heard --is a very broad statement and can be construed in many ways. Stories are told everyday and if someone told you a story about a Tuesday would that be enuf to stop you from going to the park on any Tuesday---I think not, so why should gay day or cheerleader day or Easter day be singled out as a reason to go and have a good time and not care what others are doing unless it physically endangering themselves or you. If someone is doing something that makes uncomfortable mentally, look the other way or go somewhere else. If is bad enuf to get the attention of a CM then it is up to them to say something.
    I love debates but I am sorry Goofysmommy, this was a little untolerant toward others on this site. Respect others like you would want to be respected yourself.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Gay Days are usualy late May or early June. They tend to be a very nice group but VERY large, Several hotels are booked entirely for Gay Day activities. Gay Days are not just a Disney thing, they visit the other parks as well if you look online you might be able to find the event schedual wich lists what days they will be at each park. As far as avoiding the days my only thought on that is it tends to be very crowded, the week before or after are not as bad. As with any large crowd some people have a hard time behaving in a socially acceptably manner around even young kids.
    Maggie

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    That is the point I was trying to make....large crowds = at least some stupid people ....no matter why they are there.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    What I don't get is why companies or places feel like they have to have special events for differences in people. I mean does disney have straight days? Caucasian days? Asian days? Why single out one group. I have NO deal with people's orientation, but why single people out. I mean I come from MA which has a town with a large homosexual population and I have visited there before to see the very tip of MA, so I in no means discriminate against anyone. I just don't believe that there should be special days for certain groups of people..
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I don't think that being around gays is what GoofysMommy was referring to. Last year the founder of another Disney site, who is also gay, reported that he was choosing not to attend "gay days" because of the unacceptable behavior that was becoming more prevalent each year. It has nothing to do with being gay or straight. If I saw heterosexual couples engaging in some of the activities reported I would be just as offended. Myself, I wouldn't go to the Magic Kingdom on that Saturday. I would however, and am actually now, planning a trip for that week. We will just avoid MK on Saturday.
    They call me "Nana"

Mouseman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't want this to get out of control or possibly erupt into a less than pleasant thread, but I just want to speak on behalf of "GoofysMommy". I don't believe there was any hate or intolerence in her thread, and labeling her with such a broad brush is no different than what she is accused of being. If anything we should look at it as an opportunity to clear up a lot of misconceptions and rumors concerning the event. She stated she would not go if the "rumors" she heard are true. Heck if those rumors applied to any group that visits Disney I would not want to be there either when that group is there. However these rumors are false and hurtful. They cause confusion and misunderstanding, which is clearly evident here. I believe GoofysMommy was seeking clarification on these awful stories and we should use this opportunity to try and put them to rest once and for all.
    GoofysMommy, in my opinion the biggest problem with GayDays is, the line for Space Mountain is way to long!

I could care less what and who you are. I just do not want to see this thread take off into a direction that could become hurtful in an otherwise happy forum.

Before planing your trip, you should find the web page and check the schedual, last year some of the events were on different days because they added Universal to the plan. I'm not sure but I think Universal actual acknowledged that they would be at the park that day. Disney has never told guest when the parks were to be visited by Gay Days per se but they usualy post notices about larger than normal crowds expected on certain days. As this is NOT a Disney sponsered event they don't tell people about it when they make reservations.
    Maggie

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

Exclamation I apologize if this is offensive

I feel I need to update this.
    Gay Days is NOT a Disney sposered event. Please do not misunderstand me when I say that. Time, along with true equal opportunity employers, and those who oppose other peoples orientation (phobias) have just naturally joined Gay Days and Disney as a Disney sponsored event. As for singling groups out, this is not the case. It is the time of year that has good weather, normally not too many crowd (outside of the event) and is the most likely time that people can get off from work to have a vacation with friends and family. I have been asked many times about this event because people think that the gay community will somehow ruin their vacation or that they will act inappropriately. This too is a phobia. Here is my comment for those that may read this that will be staying in the Orlando area during this event: If something is bothering you and it is affecting the way you function as a human being either leave the situation, deal with it, or speak with a Cast Member. As a Cast Member, we get questions and comments about how people are conducting themselves in our parks. We do know whom to call and we know how to take care of situation. People need to become more accepting that we are America and have MANY orientations and beliefs. In closing, Gay Days is not a Disney sponsored event but does take place at the Walt Disney World Reosrt on different days of the event and people need to lighten up.

**Information about abovementioned event and the Walt Disney Company is fact and more information can be found by contacting Community Relations or Media Relations at the Walt Disney World Resort. This statement is in not an offical Walt Disney Company statement.**
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    why avoid the parks, they are just people like me and you? do you feel uncomfortable around african americans also?

homosexuals live a different lifestyle which they are in no way asking you to live, just as i'm sure my lifestyle is different from yours.

stop the hate, stop the intolerance.
    ok but also straight people dont have special days for them to celebrate theyre sexuality... I have nothing wrong with gay people coming to disney world but i do have a problem with them having a day dedicated to them.

Quote Originally Posted by gonesouthin
    ok but also straight people dont have special days for them to celebrate theyre sexuality... I have nothing wrong with gay people coming to disney world but i do have a problem with them having a day dedicated to them.
    Don't think of it as a special day for Gays, because that is not what it's about. It is a chance for people with common interests to get together in a fun place and share information and a good time. This event should maybe be best describe as a convevntion. If you don't have a problem with convention groups then you should have no problem with this group.
    Maggie

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDznyCamper
    Don't think of it as a special day for Gays, because that is not what it's about. It is a chance for people with common interests to get together in a fun place and share information and a good time. This event should maybe be best describe as a convevntion. If you don't have a problem with convention groups then you should have no problem with this group.
    i would have no problem with a gay convention its gay days that would bother me mainly because the sound of it sounds like they are dedicating the day to gays.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonesouthin
    i would have no problem with a gay convention its gay days that would bother me mainly because the sound of it sounds like they are dedicating the day to gays.
    Check out their web site. They have many events scheduled over several days. Some events are informational some are for fun, just like it would be for any other large convention.

I wonder what people would think if all the people here(DWT) decided to all meet at Orlando for a week for fun and information.
    Maggie

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast