Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney's Villian Park!??! in the News & Rumors forums; I had heard that Disney was thinking about opening a new theme park revolving around Fantasy Ideals, such as dragons, mythical creatures, etc... I'm sure it'll be a while though... ...
    mandyka76 is offline A-Ticket holder

A New Theme Park Idea

I had heard that Disney was thinking about opening a new theme park revolving around Fantasy Ideals, such as dragons, mythical creatures, etc... I'm sure it'll be a while though...
    :mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by sora_145
    I read somewhere that behind the Magic Kingdom Disney is creating a Disney Villian theam park. Is this true or did I dream this?
    Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!

ghost1000 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyka76
    I had heard that Disney was thinking about opening a new theme park revolving around Fantasy Ideals, such as dragons, mythical creatures, etc... I'm sure it'll be a while though...
    :mickey:
    That was the idea for Beastly Kingdom, which was supposed to be a section of Animal Kingdom.
    ~*~*~*~*~*

--Rita

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Recently, this rumor surfaced again because there was an alledged email sent out to cast members and apparently an intern at Coronado Springs recieved the message and posted it on the internet. It said that they are going to make the Villain Park and that it will be coaster-oriented. Grain of salt as always, but it might be a good thing.
    -Tommy-

No offense to anyone, but I feel like alot of Goth ppl would be hanging out there (villains place that is)
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

figmentfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    No offense to anyone, but I feel like alot of Goth ppl would be hanging out there (villains place that is)
    I'm not taking offense to this, but just for clarification:

A someone who has spent years as a member of the Goth scene in my area, I have to disagree. You would see some there but no more than in other parks. I for one, look "normal" as some people would call it when I go out to places other than the clubs. Most 'Goths' (as a bunch of different groups are refered to) don't go full out gothtic when they go some where like WDW, unless it happens to be a goth day (at least this is what I've discovered by ALOT of observation)

Oh, a goth day is kinda like gay days, for those who don't know. Unofficial and set up by members of a goth community.

A dream can be a dream come true, With just that spark in me and you!

It was just a crazy vision of mine, so forgive me if I offensed someone.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

figmentfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    No offense taken, at least by me. I just wanted to point out that it actually would be too cliche for most gothic people (those who are authentic at least)

I apologize if what I said came across otherwise

A dream can be a dream come true, With just that spark in me and you!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaced Out Dude
    I heard that it may be built across the 7 Seas Lagoon from MK. Not really a good idea.

Not indeed...there is absoluely no more room on the Lagoon for anything.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Waltsentme
    Wow-I can't believe this rumor is still floating around. For the record;There is NO construction currently going on behind Magic Kingdom (I was there last week, back by the monorail/train barn, and there is no sign of any work whatsoever) Also, according to the latest cast newsletter, while there are discussions about opening a fifth gate, WDW is always looking for ways to increase the guest experience, so these types of things are constantly in discussion-however, there are no real plans at this time.
    I beg to differ they are currently clearing space by the frontier lodge! It may not be a Villains park but something is being built because disney needs to ok before they start construction and if not a park theyare making something

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by sora_145
    I read somewhere that behind the Magic Kingdom Disney is creating a Disney Villian theam park. Is this true or did I dream this?

I don't doubt that you read it or heard it...this rumor has been circulating for a few years.

I don't see it happening though.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

LAXplaya1346 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am all for another Theme park but I really do not see this ones place. Villains have always played an important role but I do not see there place as a theme for a park. I would really like a park having to do maybe with action or adventure.
    DISNEY KID FOREVER

MouseTunes.. Gone... But have not stopped Babbling

Movie worked on by a friend of ours, Katie Murphy! Hope the movie is great Katie!

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    If they did this I would love to see it where you walked in and it looked exactly like the Magic Kingdom but had basically an overlay of what it would look like if villains took over. The windows would be cracked, the castle would be painted black, and the entire atmosphere would be darker.

I would love to see an entire Halloweentown section as I think that would be really neat. I think you could even keep the same layout as the Magic Kingdom throughout the whole park with the same themes (Adventure, Fantasy, Tomorrow, etc.), but only the attractions were all villain related and obviously the areas had an evil feel. For example, Captain Hook and Jafar could have an attraction in the park's version of Adventureland. Of course not all the attractions would have to have a movie/character tie-in.

Will a entire villains park ever happen? Very, very doubtful, but I am hoping for a section of one of the parks to be devoted to villains. Or how about a ride with all the villains using the Spider-Man technology?

(For the record, I'm not gothic. )

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    i dont like the idea
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

MagicGirl1394 is offline A-Ticket holder
    On the Black Pearl with Captain Jack Sparrow
    Quote Originally Posted by sora_145 View Post

yeah, i've heard that before too. i think it's just a rumor.

the idea for a Villian park sounds a little dumb. but i think it could work. if it was one of the lands in the kingdom, i guess it could work. because i read this article on some disney site that the kingdom has enough room for another land.
    Last edited by MagicGirl1394; 09-04-2006 at 12:34 AM.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    It's never going to happen.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast