Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Hand stamps are a sham? in the News & Rumors forums; Fray101, Thanks for the handstamp tip on DLP. I'm going there for the first time 2 weeks from now and I'd hate to be denied entry because I've never had ...
    Pipper is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Fray101,
    Thanks for the handstamp tip on DLP. I'm going there for the first time 2 weeks from now and I'd hate to be denied entry because I've never had my hand stamped in WDW.

Pipper

fray101 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Have a great time Pipper - I'm off to WDW for the first time tomorrow. I've been to DLRP 5 times but somehow I don't think that will prepare me for Orlando...

Got a few more tips about DLRP on my website if you're interested - looks like you'll be going away just as I get back! Hope to read about your trip and see photos soon.

Dream our dreams forever...

http://disneypix.tripod.com

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've only had my handstamp checked when I was park hopping very quickly. We entered Animal Kingdom to purchase a previous days picture at the little shop by the front gate and then went straight to MGM Studios. Upon entry, the turnstile would not let us through. The CM checked our handstamps and granted us entry.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by turtleclanscott
    I've only had my handstamp checked when I was park hopping very quickly. We entered Animal Kingdom to purchase a previous days picture at the little shop by the front gate and then went straight to MGM Studios. Upon entry, the turnstile would not let us through. The CM checked our handstamps and granted us entry.

That does happen. The computer "knows" that you were at the Animal Kingdom and is wondering how you got to the Studios so quickly
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Well, just back from my first trip to WDW and guess what - didn't have my hand stamp checked once!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I don't recall ever having my hand stamped, let alone anyone in my party. But when we went to Universal and Islands of Adventure, all of us had to sign a sheet after we slipped our tickets through. I still don't understand why.

Laura

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Laura, it was possible they were auditing their system.. (one of the best guesses I can come up with) - either that or you waived all liability

We'd bought a 4-Park Flexi-ticket which we collected at SeaWorld - the first time we went to Universal we had to sign too, and I seem to recall seeing a sign somewhere saying that people with such tickets would have to sign in/show photo id etc.

Having said that, we went back to Universal the next day and went straight through.

But never mind handstamps - what's with the finger thing!! The first time we tried getting into Disney it took us ages to get all those lights to go out!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Universal does make you sign a sheet. Personally I don't like that.

The biometrics (finger thing) is handy if programmed right.

But what's it actually doing??

We were so proud when we finally got through first time....(figured out we weren't putting our fingers far enough back - how come the guide books don't tell you about this?!)

tigger248 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The biometrics finger thing is measuring the length of your fingers. It's how they identify you as you at the gates. That's why if you don't put your fingers far enough back, it won't work. It measures them wrong. Don't know why the guide books don't mention it though. It's been in use at least since 2002 (I don't remember them being there in 2001), so there's been time to add them to the books.

Well I'll be prepared next time! Thanks for the info!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger248
    The biometrics finger thing is measuring the length of your fingers. It's how they identify you as you at the gates. That's why if you don't put your fingers far enough back, it won't work. It measures them wrong. Don't know why the guide books don't mention it though. It's been in use at least since 2002 (I don't remember them being there in 2001), so there's been time to add them to the books.
    I had an annual pass back in 98 and they had them then

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    What is the "sheet" Universal makes you sign.

Just so you know... They can't make you sign a document to waive any potential liability on their part.

e.g. By signing below, you agree that your family won't sue us if we behead you on the Cat in the Hat ride.

Not gonna fly. (trust me... I'm a lawyer. No, really)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Well, they can ask you to sign, true, but it won't do them much good

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast