Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Hand stamps are a sham? in the News & Rumors forums; We always get park hoppers and I cannot remember a time we have not had our handstamp checked. I guess we just look suspicious....
    Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    We always get park hoppers and I cannot remember a time we have not had our handstamp checked. I guess we just look suspicious.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    What is the "sheet" Universal makes you sign.
    Not really sure what it is for other than to make sure a real person walked though the gates. The whole thing seems pointless to me.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I realize this is a really old thread....but cute story, MJ (who is developmentally delayed, for those who don't know) knows that thos hand stamps glow in the rides, so she makes us get her on when we ENTER the park so she can look at it on the rides! LOL
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This is a little off the subject, but when we were leaving DLP last September, a man with a small child tried to get us to give him our passes so that he didn't have to buy an adult pass to take his child into the park. Needless to say, we didn't give up our passes, but it looks like checking hand stamps should not go out of style in any Disney park.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Well, with biometrics in use at WDW on all passes, handstamps have been basically outdated I'm still a fan of them, though.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Speaking of biometrics, the DW and I have identical finger length which we discovered when I mistakedly used her AP last October. I caught the mistake when the AP came out the other side. The CM said that is not supposed to happen, and probably was a one-in-a-million occurrence. She then switched my name to the DW's AP and versa vicea. Now she is Soarin' and I am Cinderellabration.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    luckily, i got LMA on this year's AP.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Speaking of biometrics, the DW and I have identical finger length which we discovered when I mistakedly used her AP last October. I caught the mistake when the AP came out the other side. The CM said that is not supposed to happen, and probably was a one-in-a-million occurrence. She then switched my name to the DW's AP and versa vicea. Now she is Soarin' and I am Cinderellabration.

Did you buy your APs at the same time?

Biometrics on tickets purchased in the same transaction are recognized, and the CM display (if they were to scroll) would indicate [Different Person]. You shouldn't rely on this, but it is a cool feature.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123