Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Whay kind of new resort do you think should be built?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss What type of new resort would you like to see open? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by supernova NONE. Enough with the new resorts, already. The LAST thing we, as visitors, need is yet ANOTHER place to cram even more guests into, making the ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: What type of new resort would you like to see open?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    NONE. Enough with the new resorts, already. The LAST thing we, as visitors, need is yet ANOTHER place to cram even more guests into, making the parks even more crowded.
    So true... We as guests get enamored with the idea of new resorts and new theming because we want to see what Disney will come up with... I am usually in the same thinking... We need to realize that more resorts means more guests and higher prices to cover the construction costs... Maybe less is more...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Not to mention that attendance is down. They're still giving away free dining to lure families to the parks. Add enough resorts, and once attendance picks up, there won't be any 'low' seasons, and peak seasons will be out of hand.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    So true... We as guests get enamored with the idea of new resorts and new theming because we want to see what Disney will come up with... I am usually in the same thinking... We need to realize that more resorts means more guests and higher prices to cover the construction costs... Maybe less is more...
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Not to mention that attendance is down. They're still giving away free dining to lure families to the parks. Add enough resorts, and once attendance picks up, there won't be any 'low' seasons, and peak seasons will be out of hand.
    I too like to imagine what theme they will come with next but agree they have overly saturated the market. Mainly because the middle income folk are having a difficult time funding high end vacations even with the dining and other offered perks. When the economy rights itself, family wishing to go into the parks each day, eat etc., that is a chunk of money to consider. There comes a time when (aside from the "fans" who find a way,) Disney will have out-priced themselves on all aspects of a WDW vacation.

If Disney ever does dare to further restrict their queues to the high end vacationer it will hurt their non fan based family vacationers. Nobody will pay those prices to allow several levels of "special" guests get on attractions while the lower class guest has to wait and watch their line screech to a snail pace.

The one thing I think Disney has addressed is the average family needing space for more than 4 to sleep. While I find the overall interior design of the new suites visually appalling, there are beds and murphy's vs sleeping on a fold out chair arrangement. This has been needed a long time.

DVC's. I don't get it. Between Hawaii and all the other WDW DVC's that have not sold out yet, I am really surprised they are building even more. Maybe the DVC's current owners will buy even more points in new DVC resorts but not the older ones? I admit I must be missing something in the supply and demand. As much as I wanted to visit Disney Hawaii I cannot even entertain Disney with the notion that I would pay that much money to rent a room and dine there, let alone buy into a DVC there. Just over the top expensive. And for what, pools, hotel, beach, restaurants and far from anything else in Hawaii.

I'm with you gentleman, enough with the resorts, move onto other aspects of a WDW vacation that need to be addressed.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Amen
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

I agree.
    Although, we're stayin' at Pop Century: The Legendary Years Remixed (Disneys Art of Animation Resort) this summer, I really hope they start concentrating on other more important aspects of the Resort. After all, It was an already-in-progress eyesore that needed to be attended to in some form or another, but enough is enough already, for now.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

oswaldtherabbit is offline A-Ticket holder

They should create a resort based off of Epic Mickey. It would be a nice concept.

hilsommer is offline A-Ticket holder

What a fun thread! I would love to see a value or moderate and love the idea of an attraction-themed resort. And, as someone who laments its demise daily, an Adventurer's Club themed resort would be fun. Or at least a resort with an Adventurer's Club lounge/bar. (If you've been to Trader Sam's at Disneyland, you'll know what I mean.)

Quote Originally Posted by oswaldtherabbit View Post
    They should create a resort based off of Epic Mickey. It would be a nice concept.
    i don't think enough people will know about it for it to be a resort... plus i still believe that they should avoid building more... what happens when these resorts begin to be half empty because there are TOO many places to stay on property...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i don't think enough people will know about it for it to be a resort... plus i still believe that they should avoid building more... what happens when these resorts begin to be half empty because there are TOO many places to stay on property...
    Good point. We already had a taste of that after 9/11. They shut down what was then Port Orleans completely and her sit down resturant . Eventually they re-opened her but never her resturant again. As she went back on line after a long closure they shut down major chunks of then Dixie. When it went back on line completely services were reduced. Also at the 9/11 mark they halted Phase II of Pop, look how long it took for construction to resume.

Then think of how many people who are regulars. So many are not in the hotels, they are in the DVC's and Disney seems to have the most success with matching them with resorts, less to duplicate.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I was there in December of 2001 and though we stayed on Hotel Plaza (not a Disney run resort) I couldn't bieve how quiet and cheap it was... My parent paid $35 a night... Hopefully travel will never be reduced that much but imagine what could happen if they continue building with reckless abandon... We will start to see resorts that have been around shutter up because attendance is done, and like the Legendary Years (now Art of Animation) maybe they will halt construction because of the over saturation... The problem with that would be wasted funds... That building is only now going to recoup the losses it mounted when it was shuttered...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

oswaldtherabbit is offline A-Ticket holder

I think they should realize their concept from the late 90's for Disney's Mediterranean Resort, or the other concepts like the Asian Hotel and Venetian Resort.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

None. None new resorts. Maybe they could re-imagine some of the older resorts or completely re-theme one, maybe Old Key West or the All Star's. Caribbean Beach is big enough that they could cut it in half and still have two nicely sized moderate resorts ah la Port Orleans.

I'm not sure adding a new resort would increase crowd levels all that much at this point, there are plenty of places to stay on property.

Plus I'd be worried about over saturation. Economy being what it is, I think -for the most part- the people who can come are coming. There's not any sort of resort they could open that could make me visit this year because we just can't afford it. If we could, we would. And I'm sure that's the case for many people. Any new resort would just be shifting guests from one property to another and leaving older resorts largely vacant.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Deluxe Deluxe Deluxe!!!

MakAttack98 is offline E-Ticket Holder

I did Moderate because they just opened up Art of Animation (Value) and they are messing with DVC Resorts now. Moderate is also smack-dab in the middle of the price range.
    See ya REAL soon!
    ~ Makena W.

"Keep doing what you're doing, forget what your friends say, keep loving Disney and stay as fun and as passionate and alwaus remaining a kid again." ~Lou Mongello

Tumblr WDW Radio Tumblr
    Beware of the Overtakers!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213