Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Whay kind of new resort do you think should be built?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss What type of new resort would you like to see open? in the News & Rumors forums; I don't think they should do any attraction based hotels, because once you start that you would have everyone wanting to make a different attraction into a hotel. There's too ...
    KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't think they should do any attraction based hotels, because once you start that you would have everyone wanting to make a different attraction into a hotel. There's too many possibilities and I think that would make the attraction less enjoyable. I think an Asian themed hotel would be nice, because it's something different. Didn't Walt have one planned? I think it was supposed to go where the Contemporary is, if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember. I love the deluxe resorts, so I'd want it to be one of those. And I also think whatever hotel they build, needs to be in one building like Wilderness Lodge, not spread out all over the place.

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think a space-station type one could be fun, with a space/planetary theme throughout...

I believe the Asian themed hotel was originally going to go where the Polynesian is no.

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I think an All Mickey maybe Value or Moderate Resort would be awesome! I can see it being a Value. They could have a Mickey shaped, well, everything! lol
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    with all the pirates pandemonium, i wouldn't be surprised if a new pirate themed resort opened. that would be awfully fun! the hotel buildings could look like washed up pirate ships, the cast members would have to speak like pirates or wenches or whatever, there would be lots of rum involved for those old enough to plunder it...

that would be great! and a good home for the pirate game at disney quest if and when it closes.

i'd stay there!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder
    I miss the tree houses at the Disney Institute. When they converted that property to Saratoga Springs they closed them. That was such a cool place to stay. The first time we stayed there it was in September. Being from the Northwest, we don't have that many bugs. I thought what turned out to be Banana Spiderd were Halloween decorations ala Disney. What a shock to find out they were real. But other than that, it was really fun to be in a tree house. It wasn't much like any other tree house I've ever been in though. Roughing it with a kitchen and 3 bedrooms is just my style.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok I have been thinking about this for a while and I think they need to use the deserted Treasure Island for a resort. I think I might have the perfect idea for it to. Make it some sort of honeymoon coves with like cabins all over the island and beaches all around it. You could do resteraunts on the beach for breakfast or a late night meal. Have a spa on the island. It would be so great. You could enjoy Disney and then be completely secluded when you want to be.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    To give you an idea of what i envision this link will show you what I am talking about. I stayed here like two months ago, and thought how perfect this would be for Disney to also use this concept. http://www.sunsetkeyisland.com/
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sign me up!! I think it looks great.

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    Hmmm maybe I was on to something... I found this today on disneylandnews.com. Funny! Maybe if the suite works out they'll toss around the resort idea at WDW?

Sorry if anyone has posted this already.

A Pirates Life for Me! New “Pirate Suite” at Disneyland Hotel Provides Elegant Quarters for Buccaneers of All Ages
    Furnishings, Décor Recreate the Exciting World of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean Films and Attractions

ANAHEIM, Calif. (July 7, 2006) - - As Disneyland hosts a summer filled with buccaneers lodgings fit for a pirate king – or a loyal fan of Pirates of the Caribbean – can now be found in the elegant “Pirates of the Caribbean Suite” atop the Sierra Tower of the Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim.

The Disneyland Resort celebrates the popular film franchise with newly added enhancements to the attraction as the crafty Captain Jack Sparrow, his ruthless and cunning nemesis Barbossa, and Davy Jones, the legendary ruler of the ocean depths, have joined the “Wildest crew to ever sack the Spanish Main” in the classic Disney Park adventure. After a three month closure for the enhancements the attraction is now officially re-opened to guests at Disneyland and in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Fans of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, the hit film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl or the new film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (in theaters nationwide July 7) can now live-out their pirate dreams at the Disneyland Hotel in the all-new “Pirates of the Caribbean Suite” (formerly one of the hotel’s Presidential Suites). The specially redesigned suite is intended to fully immerse guests, providing family lodging that combines modern conveniences with décor, furnishings and ambience that evoke the fun, whimsy and adventure of the films and attraction.

“This is the kind of experience you could only have at a Disney resort,” says Tony Bruno, vice president, Disneyland Resort Hotels. “Along with our other rooms and suites, the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean Suite’ enables guests to feel they’re really living the Disney entertainment experience.”

The “Pirates of the Caribbean Suite” experience begins as you ring the doorbell, which plays, “Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For Me,” and enter the living room. There you will find Old World rugs covering dark-stained hardwood floors, with wooden beams overhead. The Spanish colonial-style furnishings could be part of a pirate’s plunder, yet the room also provides landlubbers’ comforts including a wet bar, 42-inch plasma TV and surround sound stereo system.

Down the hall, the Master Bedroom (or “Captain’s Quarters”) features a vintage canopied four-poster bed with cast iron lighting fixtures and (in addition to a 37-inch LCD TV) decorative artwork inspired by elements of the Pirates of the Caribbean films and attractions. The Master bath compliments the pirate furnishing with some more modern amenities such as a Jacuzzi tub and steam shower.

Younger guests will find their own pirate stronghold in the second bedroom, which features a more playfully rustic theme with nautical-inspired furniture.

Among the treasures to be discovered in the suite, including some in locked display cases, are a replica of Captain Jack Sparrow’s revolver, rare pirate figurines (discontinued) from the popular Walt Disney Classics Collection, a lithograph signed by Disney Legend “X” Atencio (Lyricist for the song for “Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For Me”) and a replica of the mysterious Davy Jones’ “Dead Man’s Chest.” The suite also boasts spectacular views of the Never Land Pool area below, Santa Catalina Island, the nearby San Bernardino Mountains and fireworks over Disneyland.

Like Disneyland itself, the Disneyland Hotel is now celebrating its 50th Anniversary as one of Southern California’s premiere resort hotels, offering a wide range of amenities, services, dining and recreation. For information on group rates and meeting accommodations, call the DISNEYLAND Resort sales office at (714) 956-6510. For hotel reservations, contact a travel representative or call (714) 956-MICKEY. For general DISNEYLAND Resort information, call (714) 781-4565 or visit www.disneyland.com.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Thanks for the info JMSuperHeroTeam!!!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Sprite_Man is offline A-Ticket holder

Adventure Theme Moderate Resort

My idea has been kind of brought up by others, but I'm going to put it out there anyways. I would like to see an Adventure themed hotel. Maybe one part could be a Jungle theme with trees and jungle sounds in the brush, another could be an underwater theme with tons of aquariums (my son would love that), and then the last one could be a space theme. All three sections could be themed with attraction/movie ideas (like other hotels) but would not be devoted a hundred percent to each attraction. I think even a "haunted" section would be cool, where you hear wind blowing, occassionally a cold draft goes through your room, or even the creaking of floor boards, as if someone just walked by. That would be cool.

Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question

I would like to see the 00's through 40's open at Pop Century. Apparantly they're supposed to become suites.:mickey:

DisneyGal04 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    yeah! I think a Pirates of the caribbean resort would be awesome!!

Jessica Lynn

Mouse is offline I'm In Disney!!!
    I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NEW DELUX OR DVC RESORT BY MGM THAT WOULD BE ON THE MONORAIL SO 1. THE MONORAIL WOULD BE EXTENDED TO MGM AND 2. THERE WOULD 1 MORE RESORT ON THE MONORAIL
    MOUSE

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am a DVC member. Nothing would be better than a Monorail DVC resort. Let's hope Lou's STOL thing is still a "go".
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast