Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Whay kind of new resort do you think should be built?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss What type of new resort would you like to see open? in the News & Rumors forums; Oh! I've seen a couple ideas for a princess resort and that sounds fabulous!! They could have one for Disney princesses and one for Disney Princes. They could include a ...
    MissTink is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh! I've seen a couple ideas for a princess resort and that sounds fabulous!! They could have one for Disney princesses and one for Disney Princes. They could include a Princesses Spa too. Hehe, I'd be so into that.

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder
    well honestly i think we need more moderate or value resorts so more ppl can afford to go there. the deluxe resorts are gorgeous no doubt but i think the normal family needs to be able to go.

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemoxoxo View Post
    well honestly i think we need more moderate or value resorts so more ppl can afford to go there. the deluxe resorts are gorgeous no doubt but i think the normal family needs to be able to go.
    Ok you have Coronado Springs, the two Port Orleans(French Quarter and Riverside) and Caribbean Beach for moderates and then the three All-Stars(Movies, Music and Sports) as well as Pop Century Phase I for value. Considering Phase II is pretty much built on the skeleton side, it will not be that far(a year or two) to open it making 5 value resorts. I think Disney should make another moderate to keep up. HOWEVER the biggest problem is first the economy, second theming and third staffing. You'll need to hire at least 250 more people to manage the two new hotels.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterfreak516 View Post
    HOWEVER the biggest problem is first the economy, second theming and third staffing. You'll need to hire at least 250 more people to manage the two new hotels.
    Rumor has it that work will soon commence to finish off Phase II at Pop, and rethemeing will rebrand it as Disney's Animation Inn. Gone will be the Cells phones and Rubiks cubes, and in there place will be princesses and pixar stuff. So if Disney is Indeed re-commencing final construction of Pop, hey must think the economy is looking up. themeing is taken care of, and I dont think it will be that hard to find the 250-500 people a new resort or 2 will take to run. ****, Im an ex-college program CM that is unemployed here in MD. I would move back down there in a minute if the money was right!!!
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

Quote Originally Posted by BryanFykes View Post
    Rumor has it that work will soon commence to finish off Phase II at Pop, and rethemeing will rebrand it as Disney's Animation Inn. Gone will be the Cells phones and Rubiks cubes, and in there place will be princesses and pixar stuff. So if Disney is Indeed re-commencing final construction of Pop, hey must think the economy is looking up. themeing is taken care of, and I dont think it will be that hard to find the 250-500 people a new resort or 2 will take to run. ****, Im an ex-college program CM that is unemployed here in MD. I would move back down there in a minute if the money was right!!!
    Being they got at least 3 living quarters for CPs it wouldn't be that hard but the problem is not Disney building or re-theming during the slowing economy(because that is smart) the thing is when will the economy rebound enough for Disney to capitalize.

And the theming I was referring to was for the "wanted" moderate resort.

Stays at Disneyland

Disneyfan80 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Minnesota 1,604.97 miles farther then I want to be!
    I would love to see disney make a Villains themed resort,I think that would be the coolest thing.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    I would still like to see one of the "never built" resorts like the Asian, Persian or Venetian get built. Everytime I look at the early drawings and park maps, I wonder what they would have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    I would still like to see one of the "never built" resorts like the Asian, Persian or Venetian get built. Everytime I look at the early drawings and park maps, I wonder what they would have been like.
    Those would be cool. If only they can make them moderate. And to the retheme of Pop, that sounds like the All-Star Movies more than anything.

Stays at Disneyland

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterfreak516 View Post
    Those would be cool. If only they can make them moderate. And to the retheme of Pop, that sounds like the All-Star Movies more than anything.
    Yep, I hadn't thought of building them as Moderates. I think that that some of the original resort concepts may come off as "kitchy" or "garish" by today's standards, but when compared to CS and CBR, they would fit right in.

I love to stay at a heavily themed resort. It's one of the best parts about a WDW trip. To me, if it borders on overblown, that's perfect- I don't want to feel like I'm at a Holiday Inn when I'm there.

I think it would be tough to pull any of these off without letting the design teams run wild. I would love to see it.

AngrySaint is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: What type of new resort would you like to see open?

I have a great idea for a new value resort.

Everyday people board cruise ships and travel to different places around the world. Usually the rooms are cramped and much smaller than normal hotel rooms. They are OK with staying in the smaller rooms because they tend to spend more time exploring the ship and doing other activities.

Picture a resort that looks like a docked disney cruise ship. "Disney's Port Of Call Resort" would be ideal for people who just need a place to sleep or relax for a few hours.

It would be easy to fit 3000+ people on one cruise ship if you condiser the space used for engines and crew that would not be needed in the ship model. The ship would be built to look like one of the disney cruise ships.

This would also let guests experience what it is like on a real cruise ship. They just need to make sure that they price the rooms around $60 a night.

It probably should not be put on Bay lake or Severn Seas Lagoon. Perhaps an expension to Seven Seas Lagoon between the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom. There is enough land in that top corner of the property for a much larger lake and this resort. You may even be able to fit this resort there as well as a Disney Sea's park. Disney Seas could join the Magic Kingdom so guest can easily move between the two parks. make this disney seas more of a thrill ride park but in a way where we can keep the Disney theme of storytelling in every ride design.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I'd love to see another monorail resort added maybe using the old plans...I also think an attraction resort wouldn't be that great, because the attractions should be in the park, not really in the resorts. But what they really need is another moderate/value resort. I don't know that a value on the monorail would really be a value I'd also MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have an original resort that you could tie a movie into merch. etc. but not really themed to that movie or character. I really think a lot of disney's best everything were original... think about it... IASW, POTC, Polynesian, Wiilderness Lodge... I think what makes disney so great is that it isn't all characters and movies, there's original things too!
    Last edited by Disney2000; 04-08-2009 at 07:55 PM.
    The Golden age never was the present age but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

Quote Originally Posted by AngrySaint View Post
    I have a great idea for a new value resort.

Everyday people board cruise ships and travel to different places around the world. Usually the rooms are cramped and much smaller than normal hotel rooms. They are OK with staying in the smaller rooms because they tend to spend more time exploring the ship and doing other activities.

Picture a resort that looks like a docked disney cruise ship. "Disney's Port Of Call Resort" would be ideal for people who just need a place to sleep or relax for a few hours.

It would be easy to fit 3000+ people on one cruise ship if you condiser the space used for engines and crew that would not be needed in the ship model. The ship would be built to look like one of the disney cruise ships.

This would also let guests experience what it is like on a real cruise ship. They just need to make sure that they price the rooms around $60 a night.

It probably should not be put on Bay lake or Severn Seas Lagoon. Perhaps an expension to Seven Seas Lagoon between the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom. There is enough land in that top corner of the property for a much larger lake and this resort. You may even be able to fit this resort there as well as a Disney Sea's park. Disney Seas could join the Magic Kingdom so guest can easily move between the two parks. make this disney seas more of a thrill ride park but in a way where we can keep the Disney theme of storytelling in every ride design.
    Wow I love this idea! It would be really different and might even encourage people to take a Disney Cruise.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

disney has a lot of hotels they seem to be doing more dvc hotels wish they would make another disney hotels for the mod's.
    J&J

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I would love to see a new moderate open up. I love how they have feel of a deluxe but with a food court. I love having a food court, where my family and I can get whatever we want instead of eating for course meals at a deluxe. And yes, I know deluxes offer little snack bars, but food courts for my family is a must. I would love to see a disneyland hotle theme resort open. Just disney decore everywhere is what I want. sort of like a pop century but just all disney theme, and a cool pool such as the neverland pool in California. Thats what I want and please, put it in the magic kingdom area. a moderate in the magci kingdom area would be perfect!!

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder

I think a winter style resort would be really cool since we're in the middle of Florida. Have a indoor ice skating ring instead of a pool, mini indoor hill of snow for some sledding. Stuff like that.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast