Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Everest comes up short??!!?? in the News & Rumors forums; When WDW was giving a preview to DVC members and AP holders in March, I went to AK to ride Expedition Everest. I rode the ride about 20+ times to ...
    FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder

Everest comes up short??!!??

When WDW was giving a preview to DVC members and AP holders in March, I went to AK to ride Expedition Everest. I rode the ride about 20+ times to get a real feel for it. After all those rides and taking to practically EVERY CM around, I do feel that Everest is missing something. There is no dialogue or character in the entire thing! (except for a raging yeti). All Disney rides have a character/guide/voice to inform you about what's going on and to create a better experience for the ride's duration. This is clearly missing in Everest. It's just too quiet, almost another old school Matterhorn.

I heard rumors that Imagineers may be changing it to enhance the experience of the ride. Does anybody know anything about it???
    The Goofy Princess

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    We haven't had any rumors about that on the podcast, and i haven't heard it anywhere else. I think that this would kind of ruin the experience having someone narrate. THink about it, R'n'R doesn't have a narration...Big thunder mountain doesn't have it... Space mountain...
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    to think about it the last thing you want is narration or anything like that in your rollercoaster, it would just be a distraction.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

exactly my point. The point is it goes fast, you aren't supposed to know what is going on, especially in the dark. I wouldn't want a narration going..."The yeti just broke the tracks so you have to go backward" after you start going backward. THink about it. That just wouldn't make it better.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Yeah, skiyalator is right. That's the purpose of extensive scenery. The Imagineer's job is to tell a story through their ride. They go through months, if not years, of painstaking efforts to create a story for their guests to enjoy.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    well though everyone has a point, I'm not asking of a guided tour like on Dinosaur here, but some sort of dialogue than just the sound of Yeti groaning would help. Many people, especially at the back of the train do not have such a great view of the broken tracks at the top when it stops momentarily. Furthermore, there were SO SO many details that I missed the first 5 times I rode the ride. I think it would help alot of people out if there was some sort of direction or explanation...just briefly. That's my 2 cents.
    The Goofy Princess

that's because the ride was designed to be a little more descriptive everytime you ride it.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Maybe if they just had a voice of a guide telling us things like:

"Well here we go on our amazing journey... wait... Excuse me folks there seems to be a problem with our tracks and... oh... oh NOOOOO!!!! *backwards* What's going on?! What... is that?.... What the... Hold on to your seats folks, we seem to be in for a rocky ride!!! *down big drop*..."

That sorta thing... I think it would be pretty fun and cool.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer
    well though everyone has a point, I'm not asking of a guided tour like on Dinosaur here, but some sort of dialogue than just the sound of Yeti groaning would help. Many people, especially at the back of the train do not have such a great view of the broken tracks at the top when it stops momentarily. Furthermore, there were SO SO many details that I missed the first 5 times I rode the ride. I think it would help alot of people out if there was some sort of direction or explanation...just briefly. That's my 2 cents.
    2 cents wont buy you much now a days. Just remember that.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com