Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Journey Into Imagination and WED in the News & Rumors forums; I LOVED the original ride w/Dreamfinder! When I was about 11 or so I had this obsessive compulsive-ish thing where I had to say in my head everything I read ...
    xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I LOVED the original ride w/Dreamfinder! When I was about 11 or so I had this obsessive compulsive-ish thing where I had to say in my head everything I read backwards. I was absolutely baffled with what broughtt this on, until recently I saw a picture of the old ride and the words "Think Backwards" (written backwards, of course) and it just clicked.

When I went on the new ride this year, I was deeply disappointed. Figment just came across as annoying, when he used to be my favorite character. I would love to see something more along the lines of the original!
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

sunshine323 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Skiyalater, on this website under the downloads section is two files that are videos of Journey into Imagination when Dreamfinder was in it. There is also a video of the preshow. This will give you a chance to see the ride. Enjoy!!!

Waltsentme is offline A-Ticket holder
    I got a letter from Tony Baxter some time back expressing his dissatisfaction w/ the new ride and the elimination of Dreamfinder. As Tony pointed out to me, Figment and Dreamfinder were the only characters created specifically for Epcot (or EPCOT, as it was then known). If Tony has been given the go-ahead to "re-Imagineer' the attraction, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Dreamfinder return, as well as an expanded role for Figment. Just as long as they get rid of the new Figment walk-around character. As a tiny dragon riding on Dreamfinder's arm, he was very cute; as a six-foot plus character, he's a bit scary!

elcondor is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was always led to believe that the internal structure of the building was changed when the new ride was added (when it moved from an Omnimover track to an ordinary train system).

Furthermore, someone suggested to me that the 'carousel' from the old ride is situated where the gift shop is now.

So, (much as it pains me to say this as a first message here), I can't see how any of the 'original' ride can survive for use.

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That's ok, Let them re-build it!!!!!DIsney is great for that. Earlier this week, I showed a friend some videos I found of the original JOurney into Imagination ride and he was upset when I told him how different it was. It was upsetting to me also. I remeber being 4 years old and loving that ride. I hope they bring back the original themes. It would be even cooler if they brought back the enitre ride, but now that's just wishful thinking.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I say they should put the Dreamfinder in the Magic Kingdom. I still don't think he and his theme really works in EPCOT but it'd be nice to see him again. Plus it'd be cool if Figment appeared in the Magic Kingdom as well. Perhaps they could go back to their roots and have Dreamfinder be a Dragon raiser and have multiple dragons instead of just Figment.
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 06-22-2006 at 11:27 AM.

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    If all goes well,the current plans for the remodel of the pavilion will include the return of figment and dreamfinder.Part of the plans include the casting of face CM's in a new Dreamfinder costume carrying a normal size Figment

elcondor is offline A-Ticket holder
    Has anyone made the pun about 'Big Fig' yet?

Seriously, I can't quite understand why the whole pavillion is changing to add Dreamfinder, surely they could keep the HISTA film representing the 'real' institute, and have Dreamfinder and Figment as the Institute mascots, much as this gentleman :mickey: represents the theme parks.

Quote Originally Posted by goofntink
    If all goes well,the current plans for the remodel of the pavilion will include the return of figment and dreamfinder.Part of the plans include the casting of face CM's in a new Dreamfinder costume carrying a normal size Figment
    Sounds good. That's one thing I miss. Dreamfinder with a Figment puppet works SO much better than a 5 foot Figment. I still hope they manage to keep the "Imagination Institute" thing along with The Dreamfinder. I still say that works better in EPCOT.

DisneyManiac is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellura
    I wish they would just admit failure and bring the original journey ride!!
    That makes two of us! I HATE what they've done to my ride! They need to bring back the old DreamWorks, too - I don't care how dated it is.

Loyal patron of the World since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac
    That makes two of us! I HATE what they've done to my ride! They need to bring back the old DreamWorks, too - I don't care how dated it is.

Indeed. No "What if Labs" It's been 20 years. We can make the DremWorks faster, stronger, better than it was before... sorry, couldn't resist. heh heh
    Anyhoo, I say the ride should involve the Imagination Institute sending us into Dreamfinder's world. Maybe the Imagination Institute could be RUN by the Dreamfinder. Thus giving us the best of both worlds. The ride keeps up the all around theme of EPCOT and we get our Dreamfinder back. There are alot of possiblities here other than just "Going back to the old thing"

Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder

Smile JII Rehab

I think this rumor is great. I heard from www.********.com that this is all true. The Ride would be longing, Image Works would return to its original place, upsatirs. Also Honey, I Shrunk the Audience will go & a movie with Figment & Dreamfinder will come in. This is all supposed to happen at the end of the year, in time for Epcot's 25th!
    -------------------------------------------
    Future World & Tomorrowland rule!

when I said longing I meant longer, lol. by theway the website was ********.
    Last edited by Spaced Out Dude; 07-31-2006 at 02:32 PM.

urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I hope they keep imagineer as the name because im so used to it.As for Dreamfinder it would be awsome if they brought that back!
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

The name change back to WED would certainly be an onor to Walt. Maybe they could call it WED Imagineering?:mickey:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast