I got this email...
Hi! This email is in regards to the recent news from Jim Hill Media about the possible return of the Dreamfinder to Epcot. We would like to make sure you understand what is going on here because we have information that many people have been asking for.
Jim Hillís article talks about the possibility of the Dreamfinder returning to the Imagination pavilion and the possible name change from WDI back to WED (Both Imagineering names-the first is the current name and the later is the original). We donít know anything about the name change of the Imagineers but that isnít what this email is about anyways.
Before we say anything else, we would like to let you know that Jim Hill has many sources inside of Walt Disney World and much of his information is credible, while some of his news has been criticized. The bottom line of this note is that this articleís information about the Imagination pavilion is basically right on target, if the project gets completely green lit. The truth is that we heard this information about a month before Jim posted this article but we didnít want to start a rumor-blaze until we got out facts straight. So, to learn the truth, we called up several of our sources and this is what we received:
The Imagination Pavilion is set to be revamped completely. By completely we mean: all aspects of the pavilion including walk-around characters.
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l8 level1 lfo1">Will be redone again. This time it will feature BOTH the Dreamfinder and Figment TOGETHER. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l8 level1 lfo1">There is a possibility that the new version will utilize old track segments and/or ride space that up until now has been unused (since the original ride was still in place). This chance of an extension means that the ride time will be increased.
- The Imagination Institute theme will be removed.
The Film in the Magic Eye Theater:
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l7 level1 lfo2">Honey, I Shrunk the Audience will be removed and all references to the Imagination Institute will be removed. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l7 level1 lfo2">A new film starring Figment and the Dreamfinder will be shown in the theater.
- Possibility: The film could utilize 3 dimensional effects and other special effects like the ones used in Its Tough to Be a Bug and Universal Studiosí Shrek 4-D Adventure
Imageworks (Results for the current one and the old one):
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l3 level1 lfo3">The Kodak What-If Labs and the current Imageworks will be removed. This area could become the new queue or something else.
- The old Imageworks (Upstairs) will be updated and re-opened.
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo4">The walk-around Figment (Most of us refer to him as Figzilla) is no longer to be shown.
- A costumed cast member will wear the new Dreamfinder suit while carrying a normal-sized Figment in his arms.
Meet and Greets:
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l4 level1 lfo5">Figmentís Place is closed.
- There is a possibility that it will become a Figment AND Dreamfinder meet and greet.
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">The revamped pavilion will feature two main crowd flows (Both used in the original version of the pavilion) <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">The first option is: Ride to Imageworks to Magic Eye Theater <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">The second option is: Ride to Magic Eye Theater. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">Via the second option, guests can bypass the Imageworks experience and go directly to the Magic Eye Theater.
- There is a possibility that to optional crowd flows will be available: Direct from pavilion entrance to the Magic Eye Theater or Direct from pavilion entrance to Imageworks.
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l2 level1 lfo8">The pavilion will share one main theme and all aspects will feature Figment and the Dreamfinder. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l2 level1 lfo8">The Imagination Institute will not play a role in the pavilion.
- Possibility: The pavilion may receive a paint job to match its original color scheme.
- <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo9">If the project is green lit, work will begin towards the end of this year. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo9">If the project is green lit, work will be completed in less than 8 months.
- If the project is green lit, the pavilion will be re-opened and re-dedicated on Epcotís 25th Anniversary in 2007.
Our final note:
We would like you to understand that the project hasnít been completely green lit, nor has it been officially announced. We expect both to happen within the next few months when the pavilion will go down for a maintenance rehab. If the project is green lit, we donít expect the pavilion to re-open from this rehab. Once again, we hope that you understand that this isnít confirmed news or details. All of this information was gathered from our reliable sources and we believe it to be true. If by some chance that the project isnít given the go ahead, then we will keep working on changing Disneyís mind on that decision. We hope that this has cleared up all of the confusion on this topic and we will have more news about this as soon as we get it!
Until next time,
~From all of us at Dreamfinder Forever~ :question: :question: :question: hmm iwonder if it will happen? did any one else hear about this?