Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Dreamfinder!?!?!? in the News & Rumors forums; I got this email... Hi! This email is in regards to the recent news from Jim Hill Media about the possible return of the Dreamfinder to Epcot . We would ...

Dreamfinder!?!?!?

I got this email...

Hi! This email is in regards to the recent news from Jim Hill Media about the possible return of the Dreamfinder to Epcot. We would like to make sure you understand what is going on here because we have information that many people have been asking for.

Jim Hillís article talks about the possibility of the Dreamfinder returning to the Imagination pavilion and the possible name change from WDI back to WED (Both Imagineering names-the first is the current name and the later is the original). We donít know anything about the name change of the Imagineers but that isnít what this email is about anyways.

Before we say anything else, we would like to let you know that Jim Hill has many sources inside of Walt Disney World and much of his information is credible, while some of his news has been criticized. The bottom line of this note is that this articleís information about the Imagination pavilion is basically right on target, if the project gets completely green lit. The truth is that we heard this information about a month before Jim posted this article but we didnít want to start a rumor-blaze until we got out facts straight. So, to learn the truth, we called up several of our sources and this is what we received:

The Imagination Pavilion is set to be revamped completely. By completely we mean: all aspects of the pavilion including walk-around characters.

The Ride:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l8 level1 lfo1">Will be redone again. This time it will feature BOTH the Dreamfinder and Figment TOGETHER. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l8 level1 lfo1">There is a possibility that the new version will utilize old track segments and/or ride space that up until now has been unused (since the original ride was still in place). This chance of an extension means that the ride time will be increased.
    • The Imagination Institute theme will be removed.

The Film in the Magic Eye Theater:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l7 level1 lfo2">Honey, I Shrunk the Audience will be removed and all references to the Imagination Institute will be removed. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l7 level1 lfo2">A new film starring Figment and the Dreamfinder will be shown in the theater.
    • Possibility: The film could utilize 3 dimensional effects and other special effects like the ones used in Its Tough to Be a Bug and Universal Studiosí Shrek 4-D Adventure

Imageworks (Results for the current one and the old one):

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l3 level1 lfo3">The Kodak What-If Labs and the current Imageworks will be removed. This area could become the new queue or something else.
    • The old Imageworks (Upstairs) will be updated and re-opened.

Walk-Around Characters:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo4">The walk-around Figment (Most of us refer to him as Figzilla) is no longer to be shown.
    • A costumed cast member will wear the new Dreamfinder suit while carrying a normal-sized Figment in his arms.

Meet and Greets:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l4 level1 lfo5">Figmentís Place is closed.
    • There is a possibility that it will become a Figment AND Dreamfinder meet and greet.

Crowd Flow:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">The revamped pavilion will feature two main crowd flows (Both used in the original version of the pavilion) <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">The first option is: Ride to Imageworks to Magic Eye Theater <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">The second option is: Ride to Magic Eye Theater. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l6 level1 lfo6">Via the second option, guests can bypass the Imageworks experience and go directly to the Magic Eye Theater.
    • There is a possibility that to optional crowd flows will be available: Direct from pavilion entrance to the Magic Eye Theater or Direct from pavilion entrance to Imageworks.

Overall Pavilion:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l2 level1 lfo8">The pavilion will share one main theme and all aspects will feature Figment and the Dreamfinder. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l2 level1 lfo8">The Imagination Institute will not play a role in the pavilion.
    • Possibility: The pavilion may receive a paint job to match its original color scheme.

Project Timeframe:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo9">If the project is green lit, work will begin towards the end of this year. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo9">If the project is green lit, work will be completed in less than 8 months.
    • If the project is green lit, the pavilion will be re-opened and re-dedicated on Epcotís 25th Anniversary in 2007.

Our final note:

We would like you to understand that the project hasnít been completely green lit, nor has it been officially announced. We expect both to happen within the next few months when the pavilion will go down for a maintenance rehab. If the project is green lit, we donít expect the pavilion to re-open from this rehab. Once again, we hope that you understand that this isnít confirmed news or details. All of this information was gathered from our reliable sources and we believe it to be true. If by some chance that the project isnít given the go ahead, then we will keep working on changing Disneyís mind on that decision. We hope that this has cleared up all of the confusion on this topic and we will have more news about this as soon as we get it!

Until next time,

Keep Dreaming!

~From all of us at Dreamfinder Forever~ hmm iwonder if it will happen? did any one else hear about this?
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hm... I reeeeeeeally like some of the ideas except I actually LIKE Hunny I Shrunk...
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Okay sorry to dissapoint you, but the Dreamfinder ANimatronic was reused in disneyland paris's The Phanto Manor as the Ghost Mayor
    RYAN

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    Okay sorry to dissapoint you, but the Dreamfinder ANimatronic was reused in disneyland paris's The Phanto Manor as the Ghost Mayor
    poor Dreamfinder...
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    I don't think that because something got reused means the end. The ANimatronic can be rebuild or even a new one build.

FigmentJedi is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Ghost Mayor just has the same face as Dreamfinder. In fact, a lot of the animatronics of World of Motion and Spaceship Earth had faces from Haunted Mansion, Pirates AND the Hall of Presidents. In World of Motion for example, one of the failed inventors of the wheel was Richard Nixon!

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Is this an official Disney email? Who are your sources??? No names... just where are these sources from?

I hope this happens... Sounds awesome.
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

jedimaster1227 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dxer07002
    Is this an official Disney email? Who are your sources??? No names... just where are these sources from?

I hope this happens... Sounds awesome.
    This email is the newsletter from Dreamfinder Forever. You can check out the site at http://www.freewebs.com/zmanatr

You recieved this email because you are a subscriber to Dreamfinder Forever, if not email the webmaster and tell him to remove you from the list.
    Last edited by jedimaster1227; 06-27-2006 at 11:31 AM.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    This would be great! A whole film of Figment! Please keep us posted wnd I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We've submitted proposals recently for the above work proposed for the pavillion. But that doesn't always mean it will happen. They asked for prelim bids on project to get a general idea on cost projections. Then afterwards add or delete work to match costs they had in their estimated budget to complete work.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I have heard about this for a long time. I've heard about it a couple years ago that they wanted to bring Dreamfinder back for Epcot's 25th and that they want to redo the pavilion because they messed it up. Glad to know that they are getting smarter... hopefully. As long as it gets approved.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    Dreamfinder needs a makeover and maybe figment should have a girlfriend/wife...that would be fun!
    The Goofy Princess

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    OOH! Dreamfinder in both the ride AND the 3-D show? That actually works BETTER than the Imagination theme I always found it odd that the two attractions in the Imagination pavillion had nothing to do with each other and was one of the main reasons I liked the new theme but if they can theme the two together AND give us back the DreamFinder, that would be AWESOME!
    I'm gonna miss the novilty of Eric Idle in Disney World though.

BwayMania is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't mind the change idea, but I hope they don't get rid of "Honey I Shrunk The Audience". The whole mice thing is priceless every time you see that attraction. It is one of the funnest, most memorable attractions at Epcot in my mind.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BwayMania
    I don't mind the change idea, but I hope they don't get rid of "Honey I Shrunk The Audience". The whole mice thing is priceless every time you see that attraction. It is one of the funnest, most memorable attractions at Epcot in my mind.
    I won't miss it all THAT much myself. I don't hate the show and infact enjoyed it the one time I went on it, but wasn't moved to ride it too much often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast