Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Engagement Packages? in the News & Rumors forums; Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard about the Disney engagement packages? I'm not sure if they still offer them but I was just wondering if ...
    zetalove08 is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Engagement Packages?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard about the Disney engagement packages? I'm not sure if they still offer them but I was just wondering if anyone knew more about them or if they still do them. I'm hoping to get engaged at Disney World
    Laura

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I have heard about them a couple years ago. Normally the person who proposes has to call the hotel where you are staying and tell them that you proposed. One of my friends who got engaged there, her husband did that, and the next morning they had a mickey and minnie wedding cake topper outside their door with a card signed by all the characters.

However, I know they used to have services where they can help you set it up, but I'm not sure if they do anymore or not. Maybe someone else will know. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I just read somewhere online about a gentleman who proposed to his (now wife) at disney. He called up guest relations at MK and talked with a representative on the phone. Apparently the rep was incredibly helpful...AND 'the ring' was placed in a glass cinderella slipper. The rep timed it perfectly so that this gent could propose right as tink flew over. Beautiful! Call GR-- I'm sure they can recreate the same beautiful, breathtaking magic for you and yours.

Oh, yeah-- AND BEST OF LUCK!!
    Tina

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My daughter got engaged at WDW and we helped her boyfriend set it up but since the event happened while dining in the castle we spoke to the people right at the restaurant, I never even thought of going through guest relations but it is probably a good idea. Everyone was very gracious and helpful. I know they have several sites for ideas on "how" to get engaged at Disney World but noone told us about any package deal. Good Luck!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

PrincePhillip97 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i'm proposing in a month the whole way it works is that you have dinner at one of the hotels close to the magic kingdom, you get your own butler for the dinner, and everything. how the propsoal works is that you go to the bathroom hand the butler the ring and he/she puts it in a glass slipper and brings it out about a minute before wishes starts. its really cool and i can't wait to do it.

If you are intrested in one call Courtney Elder at 1-321-939-4569
    she is in chrage of engagements

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    thanks for the info prince phillip! Congratulations and goodluck, that's so exciting!
    Tina

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I proposed to my fiance at Disney last October. They no longer have engagement packages but there ae many things you can do that they will help with. send me a PM if you want some help :mickey:
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

zetalove08 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you for all your tips and help! :-) We're going at the end of August so I'm hoping... ;-)
    Laura

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    hey not sure about the packages but the Disney Insider had an article about weddings recently. It was pretty interesting.

http://disney.go.com/globalmedia/ins...0718_title.gif

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Skellington1080 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I recently proposed to my fiancee and went through an outside service called Gifts of a Lifetime. They do a lot of other special events as well, and can be a little pricey for some people (but well worth the money if you do anything, they were great!). The website is www.giftsofalifetime.com and I had read about them in a "Walt Disney World for Couples" book. They are very helpful and can sometimes do some really neat things to meet your needs or requests. As I said though, they are not affiliated with Disney, but do a ton of events there. It was a really magical experience and was carried out beautifully. I know we will never forget it. (They can also arrange to have a photographer or videographer, who are great as well!) Hope that helps!

erikaL is offline A-Ticket holder
    My husband proposed to me at Cinderella's Castle after dinner. He called Guest Relations ahead of time and they arranged for a cake to be brought out. Earlier in the day, he dropped the ring off at the restaurant and when dessert was about to come out, the waiter placed a covered dish in front of me. He took off the lid and there was the ring in a glass slipper. It was wonderful and he said the Disney staff was extremely helpful!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    i want a glass slipper with a ring! I hope i have an engagement at WDW one day with a prince charming of my own...<<<drifting off to fantasyland>>>
    The Goofy Princess

tink2u is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok, so I want an engagement like this..but how would I go about getting my bf to do this...do I casually slide it into his face and be like..."hey! i wanna get engadged here!" lol..man I dont mind being the one to drop the question, but how would that go? the female doing the asking, u see my boyfriend..hes kinda slow, so he doesnt really do anything romantic...

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    my brother propsed to my wicked sister-in-law.......I mean lovely sister-in-law at MK in WDW. He got mickey and minnie to come out together (which took like 20 mins) and than before the picture was taken he got on his knee and asked her to be his master......I mean wife. It was very nice everyone clapped and it was a lovely picture except that my sister-in-law didn't come out in the picture (go figure)

It was something small and simple but it made the whole day feel light and sweet. So I don't know about the packages but I know they'll help you out with almost anything.

heartsdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My bf and I have been talking about getting engaged for a few months now, we are going to WDW in August with my whole family, I would love it if he popped the question there. Question is how to let him know???

heartsdisney
    August'07 Fort Wildernenss Cabins
    June '05 Old Key West/ Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '04 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '02 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '00 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Jan '98 Old Key West
    April '96 offsite
    Jan'95 Old Key West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast