Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Jungle Cruise Movie?! in the News & Rumors forums; I don't know if anyone has said this or not but I will anyway. I was reading last night on a bunch of Disney websites and came across a Upcomming ...
    Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney

Jungle Cruise Movie?!

I don't know if anyone has said this or not but I will anyway. I was reading last night on a bunch of Disney websites and came across a Upcomming movies section. I don't quite remember which website it was. I saw that they were going to film a Jungle Cruise movie. Anyone know about this?! What plot would they use?! This is interesting to me.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Well, I believe that Disney did announce that they would do Jungle Cruise next in their line of attractions turned into movies, but I don't know if it's true. If it is, it'll have to wait until PotC 3 is done.

Incidentaly, I think I also heard a rumor about a Space Mountain movie... can anyone confirm?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

FrolloFan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Love,
    FrolloFan

"It's too late, coward."

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Yup! You're right Kristyn!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I think Disney hit their high note with Pirates. I hope they don't make a Jungle Cruise movie or any other movie out of an attraction.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

I totally agree with you Hillary. The Haunted Mansion didn't have a lot of success because, sure, they had a very funny comedian, Eddie Murphy, but Pirates attracts a lot more people because of the popular(and not to mention hot) actors*cough* Johnny Depp*cough*. Disney should probably pick some hot faces, because if they pick fresh faces, I don't think they will have any success.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Incidentaly, I think I also heard a rumor about a Space Mountain movie... can anyone confirm?
    Space Mountain?!?!?!?!?! I heard they were going to make a Monorail movie. Lol.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Here's a thought....can you imagine if they made a film based on "It's A Small World"? I shudder at the thought....

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    no i could see big thunder as a movie
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I don't think that all these ride-turned-movies are such a good idea. It might get away from them, like all the sequel movies. Lion King 1 1/2? Great movie. Kronk's New Groove? Pretty good movie. Pochahontas: The New World? Bad. Belle's Enchanted Christmas? Pretty darn bad. Every once in a while, they get a good idea, good film. But look at The Haunted Mansion. Did anybody see that? Not really, no. I think Bob Iger is smarter than getting a little to "hit ride = hit movie" happy.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Big Thunder could be good...Expedition Everest could be good as well. It has a well established story behind it with the train and all. Space Mountain...I am not sure...I dont see much of a KNOWN well established story, other than the FedEx stuff at the end.

With the Haunted Mansion, that was so bad. Story Line needed work, and disney should work with picking GOOD actors, not just actors that could bring in people. Actors are good when you "know" them as the Character, not the Actor. For myself, I now know Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow!
    They need to choose good actors, wither new or not.

Lets see...Jungle Cruise COULD be good...I see as story line keeping the rivers of the world involved in the movie like in the ride. Something with a search? Or a hunt? I could see an evil villain involved here too....cool...I am going to think on this one...anyways, a movie WELL DONE like POTC could bring more people to the ride. I think Jungle Cruise is the "forgotten ride". It has hidden potential.

I cannot think of anything else that really jumps out at me....and the Monorail, you could do it like Speed! LOL!!!

was there a mission to mars movie???
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I'm all for the Monorail movie. One Monorail.... fifty passengers... will they ever get off?!?!?! Of course, never getting off would be a lot scarier on "it's a small world".
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    How about a Splash Mountain movie...oh wait...they have one, they just haven't released it! *mumbles about PC and Song of the South*
    Facebook Me!

"Don't talk when I'm SHOUTING!'
    "Putting you in a chicken is cruelty to animals!"
    -General Knowledge

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    I'm all for the Monorail movie. One Monorail.... fifty passengers... will they ever get off?!?!?! Of course, never getting off would be a lot scarier on "it's a small world".

Yeah, a bit like speed.....I love IASW but imagine being stuck on it, going round and round, really slowly! A true horror film!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed