Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss space mountain!? in the News & Rumors forums; yeah. i was wondering about the TTA too. what would happen if they did totally rebuild Space Mountain? Would they have to take apart the TTA too? if it could ...
    MagicGirl1394 is offline A-Ticket holder
    On the Black Pearl with Captain Jack Sparrow
    yeah. i was wondering about the TTA too. what would happen if they did totally rebuild Space Mountain? Would they have to take apart the TTA too?

if it could be a sneak peek, that would be so cool!
    Last edited by MagicGirl1394; 09-03-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    It is time for a refurb on this ride. I am going September 28. Maybe I can bribe a cast member for some news. J/K I don't know if anyone had ever been to Opryland in Nashville before it closed, but they had an indoor rollercoaster called Chaos. It would be awesome if they kind of mixed the 2 together and came up with something new.

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Space Mountain is a classic!!!! The cant change it!!!!

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Space Mountain is a classic!!!! The cant change it!!!!

It's showing it's age and unfortunately, it will not be able to keep up with the new generation of coasters.
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I can't wait to see if Disney will go through with this or not, and what they'll come up with!
    Tina

I remember peering throuh the wooden construction fence at the original while it was mid construction - has it been 31 years already?? I love the classics, but I wouldn't cry with a major change. I'll be the one at the construction fence peering through again!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I hope it doesn't end up like the new Imagination at Epcot. They really screwed that up. But I really don't think that's possible. SM will always be an awesome ride!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

I agree. They really did mess Imagination up. The last three times I went on it, we walked right on.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    So now that I've found that this discussion has been had before... does anyone have any new info on whether or not this rumor is true? It's been 4 months afterall.

If I had to guess, during a refurb of this one, the TTA would stay open but they'd probably put a temporary wall up for this part... probably something similar to the ones they put in front of an attraction that's being worked on... you know the whole "Imagineers at Play" thing?

Much as I love this one, I agree that it's in need of at least a refurb. Doesn't need a complete rebuild but some new effects, a new soundtrack, new cars and maybe some new bolts (to keep the squeeks down) would be nice.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Delirium is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks_ahoy View Post
    if they are making the new from scratch they might as well just make a coaster like next to itand keep the old it would only cost them more money tearing the coaster everyone loved down anyway

I think that would be a cool idea. Just keep one of the old tracks and build a brand new one right next to it. So that way everybodys happy!! (but i doubt that would happen)

I doubt it would happen either. They have so much room in Space Mountain that is going to waste. They could build one heck of an indoor rollercoaster.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Long as they don't try to do something totally different (i.e. make it a bigger thrill like Aerosmith etc.) I think whatever they do will be an improvement.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love the Space Mountain at Disneyland it's so much fun. So I do hope they refurbish it because it really needs it. I hope it doesn't take long though because it is one of my favorite rides
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    last year was actually my first time on it and I thought it was awesome as it was. I'm sure if I rode Disneyland's or Paris' I would feel different, but just the same, I think a refurb would be cool. Give me extra reason to ride it again. I mostly think it should just be a smoother ride with new visuals and a soundtrack. They shouldn't make it more "thrilling" in my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast