Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Refurbishment for El Rio Del Tiempo in the News & Rumors forums; Hm...this would be interesting. I can't see Epcot taking the world showcase and turning the country attractions in to disney charecter places. Will Maelstrom become Narnia themed? Will we see ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hm...this would be interesting. I can't see Epcot taking the world showcase and turning the country attractions in to disney charecter places. Will Maelstrom become Narnia themed? Will we see Mulan running thru the China Theater screen? I dunno. Of course, ya can't go wrong adding Mickey to anything, can you?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Of course, ya can't go wrong adding Mickey to anything, can you?

Especially if he's Hidden!

Anyway, why would they put the Caballeros in the ride? Isn't only one of them Mexican? It doesn't make sense to me why they would put a Brazilian bird in a Mexican ride.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I vote for the Emperors new Groove in place of river de Leche.

I do like the river ride in Mexico pav. I always have mixed feelings with updating attractions, it's like "the mona lisa would better in a thong, let's repaint it." You don't mess with art.

-Tom

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    El Rio needs an upgrade.. It is so dated... And if Mexico doesn't like it, then they should pony up the money and work with Imagineering on a ride they do like and showcases the beauty of Mexico..... if not, then the Three Cabelleros is a good choice to highlight Mexico's most beautiful aspects and history...
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like the song though, so I hope they keep that. =) I just hope they don't make the ride into something that has nothing to do with Mexican culture.

The ride is SO old though, look at the little films they show. Like with people in a jacuzzi or jumping off that cliff. SO 70s!

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    just so long as they dont add Carlos Mencia to the attraction i'm fine with any additions disney makes.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks_ahoy
    just so long as they dont add Carlos Mencia to the attraction i'm fine with any additions disney makes.
    AHAHAHAHAH agreed.
    Tina

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I'm not sure that I like the addition of the characters....but the ride certainly needs updating.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    i dont like that ride at all
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26 View Post

Isn't only one of them Mexican? It doesn't make sense to me why they would put a Brazilian bird in a Mexican ride.
    It makes complete sense because Mexico is actually the only South American Country and therefore is representing the entire Continent on its own!!
    Sorry if I am coming on extremely strong but It must be hard for disney to figure out ways to entertain thousands of people a day without bringing in the cheer of disney characters. Sorry if you dont think it should include some friendly not extremely well known characters that fit in perfectly in this shot.

P.S. I would be so if they added jack sparrow to tell what happened to the aztec's
    (the story behind the curse) which is very intersting in history and the making of mexico

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I love the Three Caballeros movie, but I think Saludos Amigos is better.

as far as changing the ride goes, I love it how it is. I love the films of the young people enjoying Acapulco (who are probly about 60 or 70 years old now) and diving from the cliffs and the one video of the diver in that hole. I even like the firework finale!

so, I guess I have mixed feelings about this. I like the characters, but I love the nostalgia of the original ride.

If we can dream it, we can do it

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks_ahoy View Post
    It makes complete sense because Mexico is actually the only South American Country and therefore is representing the entire Continent on its own!!
    Sorry if I am coming on extremely strong but It must be hard for disney to figure out ways to entertain thousands of people a day without bringing in the cheer of disney characters. Sorry if you dont think it should include some friendly not extremely well known characters that fit in perfectly in this shot.

P.S. I would be so if they added jack sparrow to tell what happened to the aztec's
    (the story behind the curse) which is very intersting in history and the making of mexico

But Brazil is a completely different culture - they even speak Portuguese and not Spanish there. It's a Mexico pavilion, not a South America Pavilion. Affica is also only represented by one pavilion, Morocco, and it doesn't showcase the same things that you would find in, say, Kenya or Tanzania.

ETA: Come to think of it, Mexico is technically in North America...so that makes South America, Australia, and Antarctica the only unrepresented continents.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    That is a great point, Olmec. I never thought about it as Mexico being in North America while Mexico the pavillion stands to represent an entirely different continent. How confusing!!!
    Tina

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Sorry guy. All of my inside sources are saying this is just a rumor... at least for now. It could happen down the road but it isn't happening for the 25th anniversary. The anniversary doesn't even look like it's going to get very much attentional anyways.
    Last edited by Sledge; 09-07-2006 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Typo

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah the ride has always been cheesy but still fun... never a line which is a plus!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast