Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss 2 Ways to Ride "Mission Space"? in the News & Rumors forums; I don't I'll be able to get Ann on which ever way ther is to ride it!!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I don't I'll be able to get Ann on which ever way ther is to ride it!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Is it just me (for those who have ridden both sides on the new Mission:Space), or does the intense version now feel more intense than before? Not that it bothers me, I still love it!
    Tina

Mouse is offline I'm In Disney!!!
    I believe the true reason why they have two launch bays (entense and less entense) is becuase so many people have died on the attraction. I thought they should have closed it after the deaths, but if you think about it they have to keep it open because the ride was a serious investment. So in order for Disney to not be sewed they had to start a less intense version and hand out cards at the start of the line telling everyone of the risk.

I also think Disney has done a bad job with warning about rides. If you ever look at the expodition everest ride warning sign for example, it says that people with back problems should not ride, but it also says at the bottom for people in wheel chairs to transfer. To me that makes no sense. But thats just my opion.
    MOUSE

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CM_Roo View Post
    Am I just reading your post wrong, nicks_ahoy?
    Yes, probably. I am talking about when both stations were intense.

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    If you ever look at the expodition everest ride warning sign for example, it says that people with back problems should not ride, but it also says at the bottom for people in wheel chairs to transfer. To me that makes no sense. But thats just my opion.
    A person may be in a wheelchair and not have back problems such as recovering from a sprained ankle, cerebral palsey, MS, and ALS as well as us chunk monkeys, lol. At parks I use the ECV because of damage to knees, over weight, arthritis and other things not related to my back.

At SeaWorld you can ride the Artic ride with out movement. There are other simulator type rides that also offer gentler versions.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks, Nicks, I wasn't sure.

In reply to Mouse's post, they had been working on the switch to the two versions of the ride long before the second accident occurred, and I highly doubt it was directly related to the first accident.

Rider counts at Mission: SPACE have fallen steadily since its launch in 2003, and by opening up a new option to the guests, Disney hopes to increase ridership again. So far, the response seems to have been positive, with many guests who say they would never have ridden the intense ride opting for the less intense.

As far as warning the guests about the rides goes, Mission: SPACE (before the switch) had more than 12 warning signs, plus audio/video warnings throughout the queue and preshow. The new version has expanded upon that, primarily to make sure everyone knows the difference between the Orange and Green teams.

To be honest, if a guest does not know about the ride they are about to board, it is primarily their fault. Not to badmouth guests, but they generally do not pay attention to signage in the parks. Nor do they generally stop to ask cast members about the attraction.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    they split the 2 lines early so you won't end up in the wrong place. The less intence was a little to tame for me, but i could convence my dad to get on the more intence with me, so I'm going to have to wait for a solo trip for that. BF who is a whip when it comes to rides, would ride the less itence in a heart beat, it's no worse then star tours in my opinion.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have rode both versions. I get motion sick on most simulators and by the time the more intense version was over I was always glad it was. I usually ride it on a trip because it is a neat sensation, but I do feel woozy afterwords. So I decided to try the less intense version. It wasnt quite as cool effects wise but I did walk off not feeling nearly as woozy. Its def worth a try. Next time I go back I would be up for getting on either.
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

MissMinnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was there a few weeks after the lesss intense ride opened, but rode the more intense. The benefit of the less intense is the lack of line. People were streaming in blowing past the rest of us. And there is NO WAY to get it confused; not only are there different colored tags, but there are cast members all over re-asking if you're sure that you're where you want to be.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I get motion sickness on spinny rides, but I didn't on the orange (intense) side of the ride. one word: dramamine. it is a medicine. it comes in a tube. take it. ride the ride without fear.

also, I've stated in other threads about this that I think the reason people ride Mission: Space who shouldn't is b/c they think, "It's Disney, how bad could it be?" these are people who grew up with Disney being nothing but It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, etc., not realizing that Disney has jumped into the thrill ride business in an attempt to steal some of Universal's business.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    I get motion sickness on spinny rides, but I didn't on the orange (intense) side of the ride. one word: dramamine. it is a medicine. it comes in a tube. take it. ride the ride without fear.

If I took Dramamine before getting on M:S I'd be out cold through the whole ride. That stuff puts me to sleep...quick! lol

ttubbie is offline A-Ticket holder
    I rode MS last year and nearly had to use the paper bag they provide. Never again will I ride the original version, I have never felt so nauseous in my entire life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12