Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Re: Carousel of Progress in the News & Rumors forums; I have adored the CoP since my first trip to Disney from England at 11 years old in 1982. I agree with everybody that it is the sort of thing ...
    scarletlancer is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have adored the CoP since my first trip to Disney from England at 11 years old in 1982. I agree with everybody that it is the sort of thing that makes Disney special and I would hate to see it go. I know that it is old fashioned and that rides like this are not built anymore but surely that is exactly the reason to keep it. I hate the thought of WDW becoming just a place full of dull rollercoasters named after things but not really having any sort of theme or story just like you find in every other fair ground and amusement park throughout the world.
    There are only two ways to do something, the right way or not at all.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love COP!!!The song is also the best.It was Walt's original idea which makes it spectacular.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I have two thoughts on this one...

1) Update the last scene just a little. You can leave it nearly the same but ok Virtual Realty never really took off (no pun intended) so let's get grandma playing with an XBox or something. LOL! Oh and let's get the daughter's clothes up to date a little... the scrunched sox are so 90's. LOL!!!

2) FIX WHAT IS BROKEN!! The last time I went on COP there were a lot of problems. In one scene, only one of the father's eyes would blink, the other was stuck open. In another the TV that grandma is watching boxing on had no picture. In another the father's speaker was completely blown and crackling with every word he said. There were a few others... it was just sad. If you're only opening it seasonally anyway, take some of those weeks it's closed to fix it up a bit!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Ariel16 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i recently went to disney and it was still working and i went on it
    Fairy tales do come true!

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I actually went on it for the first time ever recently. Billy and I have a thing where we never do the same park two trips in a row and there are still rides and shows and stores and etc. we have not done. Well when our friend Edwin, who will be buying a annual pass as soon as he moves here to Orlando also since we have annual passes, came to visit this summer we went on it. We loved it. Good ride to relax and enjoy towards the end of the day. I truly do think it needs to be cleaned up a bit and worked on but no major changes are needed. I like seeing what people back then thought we would be like now.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Maybe after the first scene, Move each other scene a little further up in time and have the final one depict what We today think what the future would be like.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Yay

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I still think they should move it to EPCOT. EPCOT's theme would fit it in better than Tomorrowland's new theme I think.

Darkzeid is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm going the first week of February. Does anyone know it will be open? I haven't been on it in a really long time, and my girlfriend has never been on it. I hope it's open even if its not peak season.

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hi all,

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I absolutely LOVE the Carousel of Progress. I would hate to see it torn down for a new E-Ticket ride. I heard that some Imagineers wanted to ship some props over to Innoventions for a new show/final scene where the COP's family enjoy's a futuristic way of living. I would rather have this than nothing, but Innoventions is always being updated, so eventually it would just be torn out. I heard that the Smithsonian is offering to take it, but it just wouldn't be the same. I would like it if they moved it into the old Wonders Of Life Pavillion. Anyone got some facts to support these rumors?

Have a Great Big Beautiful Today!

Mr. Toad's Buddy

P.S. It's too bad that Disney doesn't sell COP merchandise, but you can't win them all.....
    Last edited by Toad's Buddy; 09-11-2007 at 06:37 PM.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    As of today it's still open seasonally from everything I understand so I don't know that any of the rumors are true. That said however I can totally see the possibility of it moving over to Epcot where a look through history sort of fits the general edutainment theme... but it also fits in Tomorrowland imo so who knows.

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

As a note... there is some limited COP merchandise, mostly in the way of LE pins released here and there.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    whatever they do it better stay there!! i have faith it will bc it was walt's even the man introducing it says you are in for a treat when you go to see it and you truly are!!!!!! dont change anything!!!! i would LOVE to see some CoP pins though i could really use one!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    that was scary! Its one of my favorite rides!

Petman1325 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Carousel of Progress's theme is cool.
    If only we lived like the final scene where everything is voice activated (except the oven. Burn the food!)

Petman1325 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    I still think they should move it to EPCOT. EPCOT's theme would fit it in better than Tomorrowland's new theme I think.
    I am not agreeing with that, because Magic Kingdom is about the classic rides that touch our hearts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast