Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Re: Carousel of Progress in the News & Rumors forums; I hope they never remove Walt's ride!! I was just there this week and it was open. The only problem was you couldn;t tell if it was open because they ...
    DISNEYTS is offline A-Ticket holder
    I hope they never remove Walt's ride!! I was just there this week and it was open. The only problem was you couldn;t tell if it was open because they had a Buzz meet and greet in the same line. We went up and went on the ride. Maybe a second building same idea with the updates next to it could be the answer. Disney should be different from the other types of parks and that's what's always made them special. Bring back more fun original rides.
    Terri

WDWobsessed! is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love CoP! its one of those attractions that never gets old...well at least for me. same with transit authority!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes

WALT DISNEY WORLD OBSESSED

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have no idea what WDW means by "seasonal" in this case. In the past two years, I've visited during mid March, early May, late August, early September, late October, early November, and early December. With the exception of March (spring break), none of those were during particularly busy times. Yet the CoP has *never* been closed when I'm there. Not once.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I have no idea what WDW means by "seasonal" in this case. In the past two years, I've visited during mid March, early May, late August, early September, late October, early November, and early December. With the exception of March (spring break), none of those were during particularly busy times. Yet the CoP has *never* been closed when I'm there. Not once.
    It's a blanket statement that allows them to close it if there is a day with low attendance basically. We went two days in a row. One was a weekend and it was packed and CoP was open. The next was a Monday and it was pretty empty, at least in the morning when we were there, and it was closed.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    yeah i agree it must be based on attendance and cast member availability!! that way if they ever are shot staffed they can pull some from there!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

MrsBleuSkye is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm going in 3 weeks with my husband, then in February with my husband, and neice and nephew. I hope it's open also. It's one of my favorites and I hope it will be theirs too.

Someone in an earlier post said something about having CoP pins. Wouldn't that just be great. I'd love to have one aslo.
    ~Stacy~

Aug, 1981- First visit. Off Property
    Dec, 1997- Honeymoon! Off Property
    Oct, 2004- Return trip. 7 yrs was too long to go back. The BoardWalk
    Sep, 2006- Ladies only. PoP Century
    Oct, 2007- Early 10th Anniversary. The Yacht Club
    Feb, 2008- Neice's graduation gift. PoP Century

lisac123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i went in august and it was open but my dad said that it hardly ever open. its either only open at busy times, or only at quiet times :P its 1 of them. on internet, its the 1 thing that walt wanted 2 keep open and they r not stopping it at the mo as they refurbished it in 2003 or summet like that. it is one of the best attractions 2 go on, if its open!
    --M-i-c-k-e-y--M-o-u-s-e--

Jun 1996 - WDW - IDrive - Hotel
    Oct 1998 - WDW - IDrive - Hotel
    Apr 2003 - WDW - IDrive - Hotel
    Aug 2007 - WDW - Kissimmee - Villa

Next Time...
    Apr 2009 - WDW - Kissimmee - Villa

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

Contact Disney in support of Carousel of Progress

Today, I called Walt Disney World General Info to try to contact Main Street Customer Relations so I could voice support for the Carousel of Progress.

The phone operator told me my options were to write or email Disney about it -- and she urged me to pass this on to friends:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
    PO Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL
    32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Let Disney know that you value Walt's Carousel of Progress!

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I think the Carousel would benefit from the kind of update that SSE is getting. The last phase of "progress" doesn't look too progressive, at this point. (Sorry in advance to all diehard CoP fans.)

Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    I think the Carousel would benefit from the kind of update that SSE is getting. The last phase of "progress" doesn't look too progressive, at this point. (Sorry in advance to all diehard CoP fans.)
    Y'know... I'm a "die hard" CoP fan but I have to agree with you. They updated the final scene years back to bring it a little more forward but now it's sort of "Horizon's" like in that it's maybe a little too unrealistic. Lord knows there are plenty of new kitchen gadgets etc. to showcase that are even better than the "listening" oven... and let's get a big screen plasma in there instead of that old tube style TV right? I think an update to that scene makes more sense than killing the attraction for sure!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

ozzietropics is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This thread also had me scared for a second. I love that ride, and although I have listened to "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!" countless times, I only went on it this June. It is such a classic, and you gotta love it.

I agree with BamaJenn in that the last scene should be updated. It looks almost present-dayish, if not a couple years into the future. But it is quite comical.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Y'know... I'm a "die hard" CoP fan but I have to agree with you. They updated the final scene years back to bring it a little more forward but now it's sort of "Horizon's" like in that it's maybe a little too unrealistic. Lord knows there are plenty of new kitchen gadgets etc. to showcase that are even better than the "listening" oven... and let's get a big screen plasma in there instead of that old tube style TV right? I think an update to that scene makes more sense than killing the attraction for sure!
    You know, after I read this, I chuckled, because the last scene in CoP (as it currently stands) will always remind me of me. I have absolutely no skill in the kitchen, and if I ever had a voice-response oven, I'd do the same thing that "the narrator" does.

stitch918 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I heard that CoP was going to moved to Innoventions in Epcot as a "look how Walt Disney thought" section (I'm not sure if it would still be in commission) and it was supposed to be replaced by a new roller coaster
    Dropping out and moving to Disney World because characters only have to be sixteen.

Mustard! Now let's not be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by stitch918 View Post
    I heard that CoP was going to moved to Innoventions in Epcot as a "look how Walt Disney thought" section (I'm not sure if it would still be in commission) and it was supposed to be replaced by a new roller coaster
    There is simply not enough space there to add a coaster let alone any sort of ride really.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ^Actually there is an entire cast member parking lot back there that could be removed...but I doubt they are doing this. I think it is urban legend. I would like to know the source of that info.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast