Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss MGM Rumor... in the News & Rumors forums; Some of you know that I have family members that are cm's and they were telling me that now that Millionaire is closed that they are going to replace it ...
    baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder

MGM Rumor...

Some of you know that I have family members that are cm's and they were telling me that now that Millionaire is closed that they are going to replace it with one of two rides that are heavily being rumored....the first rumor is that it will be replaced with a kiddie-esque car themed ride that will be modeled off of a ride that already exsists in DL...the second is that it will be replaced with a updated Star Wars thrill ride....if i hear anything else new i will be sure to post it!

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    A car themed ride from DL? The only thing that comes to mind is the Autopia, and MK already has the Speedway, so I doubt that that's it.

A new version of Star Tours would be awesome, but wouldn't they use the existing building for that? Unless it was a different type of ride...I would say a coaster, but they wouldn't be able to fit that into a soundstage...

I heard that it's going to be a Toy Story ride, but I honestly have no idea what will be going there.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Don't forget Toontown spin. The Toy Story rumor could work with that ride.

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I dont want another star wars ride, i wouldnt mind seeing the little kiddie car ride thing though, that might actually be fun
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by baccimia
    Some of you know that I have family members that are cm's and they were telling me that now that Millionaire is closed that they are going to replace it with one of two rides that are heavily being rumored....the first rumor is that it will be replaced with a kiddie-esque car themed ride that will be modeled off of a ride that already exsists in DL...the second is that it will be replaced with a updated Star Wars thrill ride....if i hear anything else new i will be sure to post it!
    I thought it was nearly confirmed that it would be Midway Mania replacing it.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Monster's Inc

Maybe the car-themed ride is something like the Monster's Inc ride where you ride through Monstropolis in a taxi???
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh
    I thought it was nearly confirmed that it would be Midway Mania replacing it.
    Midway Mania will be replacing Milionaire.... This will be a Toy Story themed ride.... From what I heard and read online about this ride, it should be excellent.... Now, on to another rumor... Backlot Tour may be getting the boot next with that land being reclaimed for new rides, one huge ride or a new land (Muppet Studios?)..... of course, it is a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I also heard that is was going to be a Toy Story ride that would be similar to the Spiderman ride in IOA.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dxer07002
    Midway Mania will be replacing Milionaire.... This will be a Toy Story themed ride.... From what I heard and read online about this ride, it should be excellent.... Now, on to another rumor... Backlot Tour may be getting the boot next with that land being reclaimed for new rides, one huge ride or a new land (Muppet Studios?)..... of course, it is a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.....

While I wish they would do somthing to improve the tour...it really went downhill after the addition of LMA (removal of Residential Street)...the ride is so boring right now I think I'd welcome the removal in exchange for some decent attractions.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh
    While I wish they would do somthing to improve the tour...it really went downhill after the addition of LMA (removal of Residential Street)...the ride is so boring right now I think I'd welcome the removal in exchange for some decent attractions.
    Honestly, I wish they would remove the Backlot Tour... I know it is only a rumor, but it is a rumor I hope comes true....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Midway Mania is all but officially confirmed to take WWTBAM:PI's place. At one point there were rumors of it going into the Al's Toy Barn area or Sounds Dangerous.

The ride sounds pretty sweet, but I don't see it being much like Spider-Man at IoA. I've been told that it is an interactive 3D ride to distinguish it from Space Ranger Spin, but I don't think it will be a motion simulator on a track like Spider-Man. I think it will be compareable, but I think the ride vehicle will be similar to a traditional dark ride.

I can't wait to see what this ends up turning into.

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    you never know what disney will do next
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Back Lot Tour really needs a rehab. LMA took such a big chunck out of it.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

{(AB)} is offline A-Ticket holder
    i think a star wars themed ride would be amazing, especially if it was similar to the 'spiderman; ride (at that place up the road) though this might make it too similar to star tours?!? maybe even a hoth style ride....snow....ATATs...woulld be prime.

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was actually in Disney a couple of weeks ago when they annouced it was on of their last millionare shows... so I guess it is going down, I think a toy story ride would be cool. I dont think they need another star tours... the first one isnt very popular
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast