Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain $43 Million Refurb in the News & Rumors forums; Just heard that there are heavy rumors of a huge rehab for Space Mountain and the Jungle Cruise in 2008. SM is supposedly going to get a $30+ million refurb, ...
    Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain $43 Million Refurb

Just heard that there are heavy rumors of a huge rehab for Space Mountain and the Jungle Cruise in 2008. SM is supposedly going to get a $30+ million refurb, while the Jungle Cruise will get a $13 million refurb. To put things into perspective the SM rehab in Disneyland was an estimated $15-20. Obviously no word on what these could be at this point, but I have heard someone say that Timon and Pumbaa might be added in a pre-show on JC. I'm still skeptical about the Timon and Pumbaa rumor.

What do you guys think? What could Disney possibly be spending all that money on?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    i heard about a new track system for space moutain, probably not all wooden anymore, and maybe without the feeling of being beheaded.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    SM will probably become more of a steel coaster maybe bigger cars as for JC maybe they will get new animatronics make more thrill

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    JC is way overdue for a rehab. My guess is that they will replace the talking pilots with a canned narration.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I hope they don't change it to canned narration but I bet they do. Those pilots are hilarious and really make the ride personal. I just hope they wait until after my trip....

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    If they remove the skippers I'd be furious. More than one of my sources has said that it won't be happening anytime soon.

Mouse is offline I'm In Disney!!!
    I think it would be cool to improve space mountain as long as that it basically stays the same.
    MOUSE

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    Space Mountain would be cool for changes. But I hope they dont change much with Jungle Cruise. I love that ride.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

I'm hearing that the track will be replaced. Doesn't mean it will be a totally different track and ride, but it sounds like it will just be new track pieces that need fixing. I hope it is more than that but i don't know yet.

ttubbie is offline A-Ticket holder
    I live near Disneyland Paris and Space Mountain here is awesome. If you compare it to Orlando's SM, the Florida version is a kiddie ride. Good thing they are thinking of rehab in Orlando, hopefully they will use the Paris version.

wdwfan1 is offline Fastpass Holder-GO COWBOYS!!!
    its definately not a kiddie ride..look at the the it came out.it REVOLUTIONIZED roller coasters.It has to go down as one of the best ever!!!!!
    #1 FAN

Ever done the Paris Space Mountain ? If not, shut up.

Shut up....No thats besides the point if they make a ride and its faster higher whatever,does that make the one in Paris a kiddie ride???
    #1 FAN

Yes maybe SM Paris will be a kiddie ride some day when they build a more elaborate one elsewhere, but I was just comparing the two existing versions.

A newer ride will or should be better than an older version with the techonology today..And you cant say that Space Mountain in Tommorrowland in the Magic Kingdom is not one of the best roller coasters of all time..Rookie
    #1 FAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast