Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New WDW park???? in the News & Rumors forums; it has been awhile since a new park has been made, but animal kingdom has sooo much unused space so i think maybe they will build more stuff there before ...
    Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    it has been awhile since a new park has been made, but animal kingdom has sooo much unused space so i think maybe they will build more stuff there before they open a new park. Plus, i can't really think of a new park idea... of course thats what the imagineers are for.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Binki44 is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation

It can not be river country for a list of reasons

1. to many gatours
    2. to many desieses
    3. its is slime not water[ literlly]

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    if you look at the opening dates of all the parks they have a park opening almost every 10 years. so if they were to build a new one it would be opening by 2013.
    Its a Small World after all.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    thats a good point broncos
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mtfd89 is offline A-Ticket holder
    A friend just got back from a stay at Orange Lake and while on a tour, they were told that Disney will be opening 3 new parks by 2020. I was also told by a CM in May that two new rides are in the works at MGM...one a :BUZZ Lightyear" type ride with 3-D glasses and the other a Dash roller coaster. I'm new, but any truth to this?
    CJ89

three is a little too many look for one maybe two. yes buzz is true

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtfd89 View Post
    A friend just got back from a stay at Orange Lake and while on a tour, they were told that Disney will be opening 3 new parks by 2020. I was also told by a CM in May that two new rides are in the works at MGM...one a :BUZZ Lightyear" type ride with 3-D glasses and the other a Dash roller coaster. I'm new, but any truth to this?
    The Buzz type ride you speak of is probably Toy Story Mania, which is already announced and in the works. I haven't heard anything about another coaster though.

As for the three new parks, I wouldn't say that's unreasonable. I know there is supposed to be another one in the planning stages somewhere in China or maybe elsewhere in Asia I believe (for some reason I'm wanting to say Shanghai??? But I could be way off with that). Other than that, I've heard that Disney wants to expand their parks and resorts in California, but I've heard nothing official-like yet. So if there's one new one in China, one new one in California, I would expect the third new one to be in Florida, where they have the most room to expand. Besides... 2020 is a long way off. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see 3 (or more) new parks between now and then. Think about it. The last park to open, Hong Kong Disneyland, opened in 2005. Which means it's already been 2 years since that's opened. DAK has been open for 9+ years now. 2020 is still more than 12 years away... plenty of time to see at least a couple parks appear, even if they aren't in Florida. But my guess still remains that there will be at least one more popping up in Florida sometime in the next few years... and much sooner than 2020 if I had to guess. I would say more like 2009 (just a guess based on a hunch... I've heard nothing to back that up with other than a gut feeling.)

But even though I'd like to see another park in Florida sometime soon, it doesn't mean I want Disney to just keep opening more and more and more. No, that's not the case at all. I want them to concentrate on the older stuff too, the stuff that's been around and stood the test of time so far. Besides, nobody likes it when a single company moves in to dominate an entire industry worldwide (think Microsoft). I realize Disney has really already done that, but there will get to be a point where big becomes too big. Besides, with as much as I'd like to see 50 Disney theme parks and 300 themed resorts, then I know for sure that I would never in my life get to see them all!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disney WILL take over the world!!!!!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    A new park in Disney World and a few in other places would be nice!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

A UK Disney Park would be nice.
    there's nothing to get hung about

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    To be honest, I was at a Disney Focus Group at the Grand Floridian in January 2007 during my trip, and they showed 8 of us their possible plans for a new park. I signed a non-disclosure agreement, so I won't give details, but I will say that (once they iron out the major issues in the idea) if they execute it properly, it should be a treat. It wont be for all tastes, (or budgets), though. I'll also say that it could be called a 'thrill' park, but not necessarily in the way you're thinking. Sorry to be so mysterious about it, but I dont' want them getting mad at me and tracking me down for telling too much.
    It will, however, be built very close to the Animal Kingdom, and be different from all the other existing theme parks in WDW. Now I have to pull the shades and hope I don't see a black car with mouse ears pull up to my house...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    On the Travel Channel they talked about Disney World opening a new park

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Where did you see that on The Travel Channel? I've seen all the Disney documentaries they have on there so far... most are from 2003-2006... is there a new one?

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I can't remember what it is called but I know it is not a new one I have seen it atleast 5 times maybe more

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Okay to answer all your questions and theories, this is from Mouse Extra:

Disney CEO announces no 5th gate coming soon

September 20, 2007 at 1:34 pm

It seems that we can finally put the Fifth Gate debate to rest for a little while. According to the Associated Press, via Mickey News, Disney’s chief financial officer Thomas Staggs has announced that Disney has no plans to build another theme park in the U.S. any time soon.
    Staggs said Disney will likely increase capital spending to beef up its lagging second gate in California. He added that Disney is unlikely to open any new parks in the United States in the foreseeable future.
    So do you feel this is good news or bad news? The idea of another theme park, and all the amazing possibilities that goes with such a plan, is always an exciting one. I am sure we all remember the intense anticipation that surrounded the opening of Epcot, the Disney-MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom. The hype was extraordinary and we all just couldn’t wait to get there and see Imagineering’s newest achievement for ourselves. I mean, who wouldn’t want that again, right?

But the idea of continuing to invest into the parks that already exist is a much better plan in my eyes. The later part of the Eisner era saw massive cuts in upkeep, fewer and cheaper new attractions, and entire parks rushed to opening. What resulted was an Animal Kingdom desperate for a reason to be there at night, a disjointed Studios park, and a giant mess called Disney’s California Adventure, along with a sometimes less than spotless presentation. Thanks to those years, we now have internet critics making a habit out of chronicling chipped paint and bird-droppings.

Just in Florida alone, the benefit of directing funds into the existing parks has been easy to spot. Since 2005, we have seen Soarin’, Crush ‘n’ Gusher, Finding Nemo-The Musical, and Expedition Everest all make their debuts at Walt Disney World. There have also been terrific refurbishments to Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship Earth, the Haunted Mansion and the Gran Fiesta Tour. This is what Disney World needs. There is plenty of space in the existing parks to make them even more worth the $70-plus a day then they already are. Let’s keep moving in that direction.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast