Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss JK Rowling Signs Letter of Intent to Disney in the News & Rumors forums; So, this is how rumors get started?!?!?! The plans for a Harry Potter SECTION of a park belong to --NOT Disney-- but Universal Studios! Sorry guys/gals... This is a fact ...
    mandyka76 is offline A-Ticket holder
    So, this is how rumors get started?!?!?!
    The plans for a Harry Potter SECTION of a park belong to --NOT Disney-- but Universal Studios! Sorry guys/gals... This is a fact now. Universal Studios has unveiled the plans for a new Harry Potter section of their park hoping to open in 2008.
    Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Actually it is 2009 maybe as far out as 2010. See story at msnbc.msn.com/id/18950473/.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The proposed plans for the HP park at Universal do look awesome... this is a good thing for WDW fans, as it will push Disney into expanding WDW even more... we all win in the end!

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    this is a good thing for WDW fans, as it will push Disney into expanding WDW even more... we all win in the end!

YAY! XD
    there's nothing to get hung about

dfuhs is offline A-Ticket holder
    It would be a good idea, but you have to remember that for a non-disney created idea to be put in a park...it will have to be under "disney terms". Now the fun part for us is to guess where the first attraction could be located, under what category of ride, and what part of the 7 books they'll focus on. It's a great idea, but just remember the legal aspects of disney...it wont happen overnight!-
    D Fuhs~
    'Don't follow where the path may lead,
    go instead to a place where there is no path and leave a trail!'

cheshire_grl13 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i think that the if it does happen a Harry Potter attraction would fit well at MGM but i'm still curious why she picked Disney and not Universal for the possible attraction.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    she DID pick Universal, not Disney. Please go back and read the earlier posts on this thread!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

dfuhs is offline A-Ticket holder
    haha oops, completely misread that! In that case, my thread is pointless eh
    D Fuhs~
    'Don't follow where the path may lead,
    go instead to a place where there is no path and leave a trail!'

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I'm a huge HP fan, but I have to agree that an entire HP park might not carry itself. I do think that an HP-themed land could totally work, though. Just think of the possibilities: Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, The Shrieking Shack...

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    No no no and no

I know this isn't true and I won't treat it as true. But, I highly doubt this will happen. First off, it's already happening in Universal, and Disney wouldn't try to emulate that I'm sure. Also, Disney would need a classic. Star Wars, namely. I highly doubt that Disney will be using non-Disney movies from the current time for rides. If anything, they'll continue to use classics. MAYBE, if in 20 years or so, Harry Potter proves itself to be a classic, then PERHAPS Disney would do something. But I doubt Disney would use a current movie for an attraction, it just seems to go against Disney philosophy. But, then again, what do I know?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ^Okay folks we need to read THE WHOLE THREAD. This was resurrected in August after being nearly A YEAR OLD. Originally there were talks, but now she signed with Universal. Jim HIll has an entire article about the process that went on.

I think it will be good for Universal and it will open up DIsney's wallet a bit too to expand their parks.

Jpooh is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have to say as alot of you already have said HP ride or adventures would be very cool. I too agree that it should be in MGM. Disney is the company who could really bring it to life right.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26 View Post
    Not necessarily...Star Tours is nearly 20 years old, and it's still going strong. Although I agree it'll probably be less popular, I don't think it will have warrented enough to be torn down.

What are your thoughts on a HP Resort?

Newsflash: They just finished the whole Star Wars Saga two years ago! Obviously people are still gonna ride if the saw the Prequel Trilogy, thought it was cool, rode the ride realized there was another trilogy and then watched that, and then started a website!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345