Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Mixed reviews on The seas/ Nemo attraction in the News & Rumors forums; Ok, the new Living Seas wasn't bad (I liked the Nemo ride a lot), but they have a LOT less ocean creatures around... the big tank is still there, but ...
    Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok, the new Living Seas wasn't bad (I liked the Nemo ride a lot), but they have a LOT less ocean creatures around... the big tank is still there, but gone are the shallow pools where you can get close to rays, and horseshoe crabs, jellyfish, etc. The dolphins were very active, and the manatees were in the feeding area for about 20 minutes when we were there, so we got great video of them eating their cabbage and bumping into each other...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We spent a lot of time in there last week, my 5 yr old loved the Nemo aquarium. He enjoyed the ride quite a bit too, I think the queue is really cute and although I am all for the old Epcot, the seagulls out front are kinda funny.

I have a job for the next person who is going to check it out, do me a favor and count how many times you hear "Nemo" during the ride!

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I did like the Nemo ride. I thought it was a good mix of classic with new. We havn't exactly had a new dark ride based on a disney movie in years except Buzz and that is more interactive and I think it is awful. and Winnie the Pooh which I will never forgive for replacing mr toad. (I know its a good ride and should be in the park but not at the expense of Toad.)

But what I liked about the Nemo ride was i felt like I was on a fantasyland dark ride that was born in the 21st century. It was a different type of story line than say Peter Pan or Snow White becasue you aren't exactly getting emersed in the movie but I liked it. I think the Pavillion looks good and I am a complete disney purist. Take that for what it is worth.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I haven't been back to Disney since the new attraction......but I can't wait to see the large fish...

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I have a job for the next person who is going to check it out, do me a favor and count how many times you hear "Nemo" during the ride!
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I was on it. It's gotta be over 30, they say it a few times in each scene. lol
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The whole point of the ride is to find Nemo so of course your going to hear the characters yell out Nemo. It's the same way we find people by yelling out their names.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks for explaining that, guess we missed the whole point of the ride.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I actually really liked this ride - keep in mind however that while i went to MK alot as a child we only went to Epcot twice in my entire childhood - so I don't have a deep personal attachement to the original ride/pavillion

My son loved the nemo ride and i thought it was cute...but short

Overall though I'm not sure theming epcot pavillions are the way to go - not sure that t captures the sprirt of epcot as walt intended it
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

i thought the ride was ok but i really liked the part with the animated nemo swimming with the real fish!! that was really cool! the quene was AMAZING!! when yuo first walk in your supposed to be above land and then you move "underwater" it is so cool!! allthough they shouldnt have changed the whole pavvilion and there was alot less fish... but the manatees were cool nothing special because we see them at the beach down here all the time. i think disney is over doing nemo WAY too much..
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    The whole point of the ride is to find Nemo so of course your going to hear the characters yell out Nemo. It's the same way we find people by yelling out their names.

Haha, I know what the point was. It was just getting to be too much, especially when our clamobile stopped for a few minutes. It's kinda like when you keep saying a word or writing a word it starts to look or sound really weird. lol, anyone ever had that before?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Sorry guys lol. It's just me being Mr. Einstein again.

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    It was okay but I would much rather have Nemo's Submarine Voyage.

The Nemo Submarine Voyage is suppose to be similiar to the attraction at EPCOT with the same technology but the voyage just has a better storyline & experience.

Mouse is offline I'm In Disney!!!
    My trip is in July and I can't wait to go it.
    MOUSE

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    our trip is in oct and i cant wait to see it... my daughter is a HUGE nemo fan so this is a diffent ride on our list to do..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast