Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Mixed reviews on The seas/ Nemo attraction in the News & Rumors forums; I've heard mixed reviews on the newly rehabed The Seas with Nemo and Friends. I heard it's geared more for young children and adults aren't impressed. But a few adults ...
    mightymouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Mixed reviews on The seas/ Nemo attraction

I've heard mixed reviews on the newly rehabed The Seas with Nemo and Friends. I heard it's geared more for young children and adults aren't impressed. But a few adults have said they liked it.

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't know... I'm still furious about Disney killing The Living Seas... it was so classic Disney. I don't know if I will ever be able to except it or not, most likely I will just make fun of it loudly the whole time I am there to make sure the cast members know my thoughts! Haha, I know this won't help anything, but we can always hope right?
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

rockrollgirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I rode it last week and I thought it was neat but it was somewhat of a letdown for me. The clammobiles are cool and at the end it appears that Nemo and friends are in the actual tank with the real fish - that is the best part I do believe it will appeal more to youngsters though.

figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder
    i do miss the living seas that i remember from growing up but as i can't have that back, i'm excited to have nemo there. the new technologies are pretty cool and you can sing along to big blue world before the musical even opens. if you're looking for thrills, fast speeds, sharp turns, dark spaces, or anything like that, then no this attraction isn't for you and might seem as though it is more geared towards younger guests. but nemo has an appeal to all ages and i think the attraction does as well.

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I got to ride "The Seas" during AP preview a couple of weeks ago and I must admit that I was one of those adults who was let down by what I saw. This ride is definitely geared towards kids, but some of those are my favorites (I LOVE IASW and the Pooh ride, for example). The theming of the line was neat to see once but is essentially just one of the old-fashioned lines that wrap back and forth. No fun trivia questions or things to read or anything really to keep you entertained as you walk through this endless queue. The ride was cute, I guess, but it really didn't keep my interest. THe most frustrating part was the audio. Each room seems to only have two or three lines of script that keep getting repeated. Well, it took much more that "two or three lines of script" to get through most rooms meaning you heard the same little snippets of conversation over and over again. It's as if Disney got lazy with the script and rather than writing out a long loop of it, they just decided to throw in a line or two and hope people didn't notice they were repeating. And as much as I understand and appreciate that they need to slow down or even stop the ride to load wheelchair passengers, that just made the dialogue even more infuriating. Finally, the last scenes of the Nemo cast projected into the actual tanks look really neat, but what happened to all of the real Living Seas fish???? I swear I saw the coral reef and a couple of larger slow-moving fish that could have passed for trout, and nothing else at all. I remember there being sharks and sea turtles and colorful fish when I was little. I haven't seen them in many visits and finally stopped going into the pavillion altogether. Unfortunately, this ride hasn't sparked my interest in revisiting it again.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

joyawasuli is offline A-Ticket holder
    I too had just seen this ride. Finding Nemo has been my boy's favorite since it first came out. It is a cute ride, and lucky for me there was no wait time for this ride the day that we were there. I did hear alot of adults complaining about it, because Nemo didnt appear in the ride until the end or close to the end. But the screens were nice, we seen more of Dory than anything else. I thought the highlight was the end where you can see the main 3 characters in the real fish tank, and turtle talk with crush was alot better than I though it was going to be, he was quite the comedian!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I loved Turtle Talk with Crush when I saw it in the summer. Was looking forward to the Nemo ride but not so sure now! Oh well, I'm a big kid so I will probably love it anyway!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yea, i miss the old Living Seas. i remember about 2-3 years ago there was a point where i hadn't been there in a couple years, and my sister and i loved that ride, and we went to go on it, and we didnt see it anywhere, so we asked a cast member wehre it was, and it hadnt been there for years! actually the last time we were there, we felt like idiots, keep in mind this was before i became a disney nut .

im excitied to see what the ride is like, but i'm not holding high expectations.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My parents just got back from WDW, and my father said he was unimpressed with the Living Seas.. I can only hope they didnt' change it too much for when I go for New Years... they did love Turtle Talk with Crush, though.

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... anything is better than tearing it down and putting something entirely new in it's place (i.e. Horizons to Mission Space, World of Motion to Test Track). At least in this case the overall pavillion is the same and just the theming has changed. Besides, since the original tank ride closed years ago, the whole Seabase Alpha thing has been a little open ended. It always felt to me once that happened that there was an obvious disconnect between the preshow, the ride "down" and what you saw when you entered the pavillion. At least now it's all tied together again.

For me personally, Epcot is my favorite park, so anything that keeps the main attractions there without a complete overhaul I'm up for. I just hope they keep up this pattern... so far so good.

I think too, Disney really wanted something for little ones at Epcot. Up until this point there really wasn't much else to keep their interest (especially once Figment was redone).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    My friend just got back from Disney and she said it was amazing!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think disney is making a big deal about nemo. It was a good movie yeah but now the whole Living Seas is nemo. Its not ment to be cartoonland or whatever there turning it into! Everything in the parks it seems is finding memo or pixar.
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    My sister is really excited for the new ride,but I liked the old traditional ride.Personally,I think redoing the whole Seas is a little much.A section with Nemo would be cool,and enough.It will draw a lot of little kids though!!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    OK, so can you still Dive it? My husband got to dive the living seas a few years ago & wanted to go back & do it again. Seem s the last ime we were there (in late 05 early 06) they had changed some thing in the "tank" & he wanted to dive it again. So...can you?????
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffieslady626 View Post
    OK, so can you still Dive it? My husband got to dive the living seas a few years ago & wanted to go back & do it again. Seem s the last ime we were there (in late 05 early 06) they had changed some thing in the "tank" & he wanted to dive it again. So...can you?????
    According to the last time I looked at the list of "tours" available at Epcot, it was still available... and that was actually during the construction of the new ride. As a matter of fact when we were there in January I seem to remember seeing a few folks in the tank (other than the CMs). According to Disney's official site it's still available too although the description refers to the pavillion as the Living Seas still. Ok Disney webmaster... time to update your site!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast