Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Alien part leaveing the Great Movie Ride! in the News & Rumors forums; Okay, so I love POTC a lot, actually. but they shouldn't mess with the Great Movie Ride - that's just stupid. I love how the alien scene always scares me ...
    Okay, so I love POTC a lot, actually. but they shouldn't mess with the Great Movie Ride - that's just stupid. I love how the alien scene always scares me every time I go on it, and although I don't really like the Tarzan scene, I don't think they should mess with it!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

&&im.a.pirate. is offline A-Ticket holder
    well I'll havta say I disagree with most of yah.
    I think POTC would be a great addition to it.

First, I think they want POTC because of HOW big that movie was. That movie has made history, going down in the box office books. Secondly, it's less scary I think. When I was little, the alien part SCARED me SOOOOOO bad I wanted to cry. Now that I'm older, I'm ok with it, but little kids these days know who and what Pirates are.

But then I have to see the other POV. Yes, 'Alien' is a classic movie, and they should keep it. I would love it if they left it and just added Pirates in another room or something. I'm all up for it, I think it would be SO cool!
    Laughter is Timeless.
    Imagination has no age.
    Dreams are forever.

[P i r a t e s o f t h e C a r i b b e a n]
    "Nine pieces of whatever we happened to have in our pockets at the time?
    Oh yes, that sounds very piratey."

Walt Disney World.
    Where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
    Disney World Í 11 times
    Disney Cruise Line Í 2 times
    = Happiness Beyond your Expectations. =]

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    Ok guys...here's the beef...I actually work in MGM Studios and a few nights ago I had a tour of the Great Movie Ride. The cast member who showed us around told us that in a few months they will no longer be able to say the actor who played Tarzan's name. They are not taking out Tarzan, just the reference to the actor as they have lost the rights to it....as for Alien, he didn't say anything about that but it sounded like it would still be there.
    The question is... would the cast member know... (so often they are the last to).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    The question is... would the cast member know... (so often they are the last to).
    the cast member who told us has been at the GMR for several years...he is also a certified tour guide for the Great Movie Stride. So yes, he is very credible.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    the cast member who told us has been at the GMR for several years...he is also a certified tour guide for the Great Movie Stride. So yes, he is very credible.
    Right but even then CMs very often are not aware of what WDI is working on. There have been many many cases documented throughout these forums where you'll see a report of a CM saying something that doesn't pan out. Like for example the numerous reports from CMs that the Imagination Pavillion was going to be restored to it's original glory, ride and all, for the 25th anniversary. I even reported on this one after being told by the CM who managed SSE and Mission Space and gave us a tour of each. Not trying to punch holes in your theory so please don't take offense. Just saying that WDI does a very good job of keeping secrets, even from the CMs.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Right but even then CMs very often are not aware of what WDI is working on. There have been many many cases documented throughout these forums where you'll see a report of a CM saying something that doesn't pan out. Like for example the numerous reports from CMs that the Imagination Pavillion was going to be restored to it's original glory, ride and all, for the 25th anniversary. I even reported on this one after being told by the CM who managed SSE and Mission Space and gave us a tour of each. Not trying to punch holes in your theory so please don't take offense. Just saying that WDI does a very good job of keeping secrets, even from the CMs.
    Right, sometimes WDI does not tell them things....for example, the glass cases in the queue often get changed out without WDI even telling them about it....like when they switched out the Star Wars props for Narnia props....but this is something that WDI has already approached them about as far as Tarzan goes....but like I said, I didn't say that Alien was or wasn't leaving....just that the tour guide made no mention to that-so it could very well be that it's leaving, but I highly doubt it.

the_cm is offline A-Ticket holder
    i heard they where going to replace it with a secn from cars lol

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    what is so great about high school musical please..............

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

happiest_haunt is offline A-Ticket holder
    please NO HSM!!!! I wish they would stop mutilating the already kind of sad-lookinh MGM with MORE HSM. I can't stand it.

Oi with the poodles, already!

"This is how it starts. One muppet, Sesame Street in the morning, variety shows late at night. Next thing you know, you're selling your possesions on Main Street to pay for your next Muppet binge"

ya i hate hsm its dumb

mtfd89 is offline A-Ticket holder
    HSM is huge...kids LOVE it...and Disney is all about kids.

I'm sure it is not going into TGMR, but I just thought I'd remind everyone...
    CJ89

disney isnt all about kids actually... they make it fun for everyone.... and it was brought up about putting a scene in tgmr and that would mutilate it

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    No Hsm!!!!!
    Its a Small World after all.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'd rather see a scene from Jurassic Park or something take it's place if Alien has to go, but Pirates has it's own ride now, so there's no need for it in the GMR

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Doubtful that it would be Jurassic park since Universal has one of those rides.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast