Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Alien part leaveing the Great Movie Ride! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by BellHopper how about TRON? anyone? Tron would look cool of course its going to look like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin if they use the same kind ...
    ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BellHopper View Post
    how about TRON? anyone?
    Tron would look cool of course its going to look like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin if they use the same kind of paint which I bet they'll do!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    As long as they don't use this guy as a CM in the scene I'm ok with it. It is a classic Disney film after all.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJen View Post
    As long as they don't use this guy as a CM in the scene I'm ok with it. It is a classic Disney film after all.
    AHAhAHA! That guy is hilar.
    Tina

cassie9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It freaks me out alot. I reallly love pirates and ive never been scared of it.

WDW Excited is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love GMR! One of my most favorite rides ever (the very first Disney ride I ever went on). It's a classic, and I can understand a refurbishment, but keep it as is. All of the scenes work perfectly together, and adding anything too new would throw off the flow. I love the Alien scene, it's fun watching other peoples' reactions (and I like the feel of the cool mist too!). GMR isn't GMR without that guy. It's more recognizeable than a lot of the older movies portrayed, but it's a great way of showing people of all ages the history of the movies and all different types (and people need to be scared now and then anyway ). And the montage at the end is also great how it shows where we were and where we are in Hollywood. This ride is the reason I wanted to see Singin' in the Rain, and now I love that movie. GMR wonderfully covers all sorts of different movie genres, and horror is no exception. There is a warning outside that it may be frightening to some, can't say they didn't warn you. And don't worry, the animatronic alien is not going to jump down and eat you lol. If people keep going on it and keep complaining about getting scared, then that's their problem and no one elses. The queue video is also a good way to let the guests know what is coming, and if they don't like what they see, they can exit if they want. If they wanted to really sugarcoat every scary thing in Disney World, it would be too sparkly. Think about it, people are scared of lots of rides in some way: the Haunted Mansion sometimes scares people (kids usually), same with Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain (drops and stuff), and so on. You see, you can't please everyone. All rides have warnings of some type, so guests are told what they are getting themselves into. To sum this up, scare is good. Don't change GMR. Keep the alien .

I apologize if I seem pushy or whatever, but I'm just stating my opinion (I'm a very dedicated GMR fan ).

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Want to talk about overkill, how many times have we read the word "classic" in this thread alone? I think the word is starting to lose meaning XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Stitch View Post
    What about an old James Bond film?
    That's what I'M thinkin'. No love for the spy, man. Now, you know me. I'm always up for some change in WDW. I wouldn't mind if they removed the Alien, but shouldn't they replace him with something that doesn't already have a ride of it's own? I'm thinking, if they ever want to put the Pirate movie in GMR, wait until the add-ons to POTC have lost their novalty value, turn it back to the original ride, and move some of those animatronics to GMR. Until then, too much is too much and I like the Pirate movies
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 12-01-2006 at 12:13 AM.

Icedinger is offline A-Ticket holder

Rumors rumors rumors

It may be true, or may not but true. What ever the case is I dont believe that they would start changing it with a whole scene of POTC. Especially since the changed up the actual pirate ride. If there gonna add any type of scene it would most likely be on from the mid-late 90s. Boy if they did change it they would hear it htough.

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It would not surprise me if they removed the Alien part, but it would be vey disappointing. The Great Movie ride needs an update, but why take out the one homage to Sci-fi and horror movies? Yes, they have a Star Wars nod in the end, but that's hardly enough in a ride showing the "Great Movies." The Alien segment is one of the best (and most unique) aspects of the GMR, and I would be even less enthusiastic if it was removed.

Secondly, I would be very disappointed if a scene from Pirates was added to replace the Alien scenes. I've heard that the new scenes in the MK ride are great, but Pirates is hardly a film (like Alien) that people will remember in 25+ years. It has made tons of money, but they need to give it a serious breather before the Pirates overload becomes too much. We'll see what happens.

Cheers!

Dan

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by danheaton View Post
    I've heard that the new scenes in the MK ride are great, but Pirates is hardly a film (like Alien) that people will remember in 25+ years.
    I kinda doubt that about the Pirates movie. It was one of the better and most popular live action efforts Disney has done. Although, the pirate oversaturation is getting to be a bit much. But that's Disney...beat the horse until it turns into glue.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by danheaton View Post
    Secondly, I would be very disappointed if a scene from Pirates was added to replace the Alien scenes. I've heard that the new scenes in the MK ride are great, but Pirates is hardly a film (like Alien) that people will remember in 25+ years. It has made tons of money, but they need to give it a serious breather before the Pirates overload becomes too much. We'll see what happens.

Cheers!

Dan
    You think so? They DID say the same thing about Star Wars and Wizard of Oz wasn't even popular in theaters.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Anybody know about if they have made the re-hab yet?

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    I think (and hope) this is just a rumor. I'm not up for this.
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by alalune042 View Post
    I think (and hope) this is just a rumor. I'm not up for this.
    Mi tambien..

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    when i went the alien wasnt over head it came out of a wall i was soooooooooo dissapointed
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

TinkerBell019 is offline A-Ticket holder

No Way Jose

Noooo!! why would they do that??? TGMV is my favorite ride in the world!! Pirates would definately kill it. I think that its perfect just the way it is!!
    Hannah

............All you need is trust ...
    ..... ...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast