Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss El Rio del Tiempo will be closed for refurbishment Jan 2, 2007 - April 1st, 2007 in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by disney fanatic Hmmm, maybe you didn't get the full meaning. Understanding the culture and traditions. Just next time you go on it, try to pay attention, you ...
    Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    Hmmm, maybe you didn't get the full meaning. Understanding the culture and traditions. Just next time you go on it, try to pay attention, you could learn a lot. try to be open!
    Heh heh, much as I do enjoy this ride, DF--it's truly only slightly less authentic than Taco Bell when it comes to Mexican culture and traditions.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Heh heh, much as I do enjoy this ride, DF--it's truly only slightly less authentic than Taco Bell when it comes to Mexican culture and traditions.
    Hey taco bell is very very authentic!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    I could care less.
    That's the spirit!! LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I have to say the three cabs would be a perfect fit & would bring more life to El Rio del Tiempo also are they planing to put in AA's of Donald, Jose, & Pancito?
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 11-18-2006 at 10:19 PM.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Last time I was at Epcot, the three Cabs were in character right outside. Very cool to see.
    Tina

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth View Post
    Last time I was at Epcot, the three Cabs were in character right outside. Very cool to see.

I saw that too! It was just cute But I LOVE El Rio Del Tiempo and don't really want to see it change, unless it's just a very minor change of course. It's so relaxing and romantic; people need to realize not everything needs to go 3000 miles per hour with 55 drops to be fun.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    Add me to the El Rio love train. It's so colorful and fun and never ever crowded. I'm excited that it will be all freshened up for my upcoming trip! So nice of them to do that for me!

Me encanta El Rio Del Tiempo!!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I like it too, but I have to admit it needs some updating and upgrading.

That said, I would think they could find ways to make the history and tradition of Mexico more exciting without resorting to Donald Duck.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    We all have to admit though that the rides in the World Showcase pavillions aren't necessarily ever about the history of that country. I mean... look at the Malestrom. Ok ok yeah it has the little bits of history but in a very campy way which is exactly what the current El Rio Del Tiempo is. So... I dunno. It may just be me but I've always thought of the World Showcase as the "anti-Disney Character" area of Epcot. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It doesn't have to necessarily be about the history, but all of the current WS attractions are about either the history, traditions, culture, current way of life or some combination thereof. That seems to fit with the overall theme of WS better than giving the attractions character tie-ins, I think.

But like I said, I didn't think they belonged in Future World either, and I got overruled on that one, so what do I know?

I'm still pushin' for the Japan section to open Ninjas of The Carribean.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    I'm still pushin' for the Japan section to open Ninjas of The Carribean.
    lol..that would be awesome! And they could make a part of the ride a movie. Made from Japan..and I would ride that ride day and night, if the movie had the people saying one thing in English, and their lips moving to Japanese..haha I LOVE those movies!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    About time they refurbished it. That ride was a major let down for me. When you start off you think "Aww man this is going to be cool!" You get in see some movie screen thingsof Aztecs, then small world(in espanol) then modern day. I was confused! Very dissapointing to me. Its good for riding it one time only. Hopefully the entire ride gets changed(adds some AA's those movie screen and paper mache things were boring)

As for the Three Cabelero's I would love to see them there. They would fit in well. Perhaps make the ride fun.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I like El Rio, but it does need some new movies at least.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    lol..that would be awesome!
    And by "awesome," I assume you mean totally sweet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast