Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss El Rio del Tiempo will be closed for refurbishment Jan 2, 2007 - April 1st, 2007 in the News & Rumors forums; lol..to think i finally know what that means..ninjas all the way And yes TOTALLY SWEET.. not as much as 18 though.....
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    lol..to think i finally know what that means..ninjas all the way

And yes TOTALLY SWEET..
    not as much as 18 though..

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    I'm still pushin' for the Japan section to open Ninjas of The Carribean.

Haha I love Ask a Ninja(I look forwarrd to killing you soon)

Back to topic: Can't wait for refurb. Will definitaly ride if Cabeleros are in it
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Long as I still get to float by the people eating at the restaurant and hear my stomach growl as I smell the Enchiladas I'm happy.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Am I really the only one who thinks the characters would be out of place in WS attractions?

Don't get me wrong, I love the characters. But I also love what WS is about and what it is supposed to represent. Are adding characters really the best way to celebrate the wonders of the world and its peoples? Don't we think Disney is capable of creating wonderful attractions without characters?

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Nah, you're not alone. More than just the fact that I guess I'm a little resistant to change at my favorite place, and this is sort of tough thing to express, but I always sort of liked that the World Showcase wasn't as, shall we say--"overtly" Disney as the rest of the parks, if that makes any sense. Personally, I feel adding the Three Caballeros to El Rio is just adding another reminder of where we really are (which most of us there don't really need, anyway).

But, until the powers that be hook me up with a hotline, it's sort of out of my hands.

See, I thought i was alone. I mean I understand that the World Showcase needs some fixing up, but that's the great part about it. Its been there for so long you have many memories to remember it by. I don't think they should add that personally. I am not saying let the attractions fall apart, but after a while, all of these additions get..well..too ostentatious for the rest of the ride that wasn't redone..

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I think that adding the characters, beyond the greetings in the countries would take away from the purpose of the World Showcase to begin with. We are there to learn and take it in and visit with the people - not be inundated with movies and such. I think that would take away from what the World Showcase was meant to be.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    I think that adding the characters, beyond the greetings in the countries would take away from the purpose of the World Showcase to begin with. We are there to learn and take it in and visit with the people - not be inundated with movies and such. I think that would take away from what the World Showcase was meant to be.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    The only argument I have TOWARDS bringing in characters is for our generation of children. Epcot has always had trouble really grabbing on to young children and children in general as far as interest. Perhaps seeing characters there would cause them to pay more attention and be more interested. ("Hey, if donald duck is willing to throw on a viking hat and sword...maybe I can be just like him") While they're having fun, they're learning.

If Disney goes about this concept in the right way, I think it could be very beneficial to the younger set.

As far as NOT changing it for those of us who cling so dearly to memories of early Epcot (and I am one)...would it absolutely kill us to see said Viking Donald outside for 20 minutes? Nah, didn't think so.
    Tina

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    oooh man, I gotsta see it before it closes..and it reopens just before the 21st birthday bonanza bash!!!

cassie9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Noooooooooooooo

cassie9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really like El Rio my friend and my parents and I went last time we got our own boat its fun to watch the people wave and stuff ( if thier nice )
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Who doesnt love kid stating their mind

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth View Post
    The only argument I have TOWARDS bringing in characters is for our generation of children. Epcot has always had trouble really grabbing on to young children and children in general as far as interest.
    I think the biggest factor in Epcot's issues is the lack of updating in general for so many years. Keep things fresh and current (and beyond for Future World), and the park will have no trouble grabbing guests of all ages.

There's more than one way to entertain, and I'd like to see Disney continue to understand that.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie9 View Post
    I really like El Rio my friend and my parents and I went last time we got our own boat its fun to watch the people wave and stuff ( if thier nice )
    And if they're not nice, that's when you loudly comment to your fellow passengers that it's amazing how "life-like" the monkeys at that one table look.......

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermatt View Post
    I think the biggest factor in Epcot's issues is the lack of updating in general for so many years. Keep things fresh and current (and beyond for Future World), and the park will have no trouble grabbing guests of all ages.

There's more than one way to entertain, and I'd like to see Disney continue to understand that.
    Yeah, but have you ever noticed, that if you ask children or the younger guests what their favorite park is, their answer will be MK as the majority? I mean i guess children like rides, but EPCOT is my favorite. However, it hasn't always been.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast