Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 100
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Monorail Rumors from the CMs in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by disney fanatic Yes, I have to agree with Nick. You did hit some major points, that i didn't even think of. They were very interesting and informative ...
  1. #31
    nick.jeschke's Avatar
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    Yes, I have to agree with Nick. You did hit some major points, that i didn't even think of. They were very interesting and informative points indeed.


    Now Nick,

    Eventhough the Polynesian and Grand Floridian look fine with the monorail systems running through them, don't you think it messes up the theme of the resorts, at least a little bit? Sure, it looks fantastic(because it IS disney), but it does throw the theme off a little. All I am saying is that if you were to go to one of the 'real' places, you wouldn't see a futuristic type of transportation, such as a monorail, running through them. You do have a point, because Disney itself IS built around technology, and we have grown and adapted to that. However, I believe that adding a monorail will change the way many people view the area.
    Well, if you have ever stayed at the Polynesian, you truthfully hardly ever see it if your just staying around the resort. Part of the reason is why the monorail is quiet. I stayed at the Polynesian a few summers ago, and hardly noticed the monorail. And it was a great way for me to get from resort to resort or to the MK. Or even just ride around! Again, I hardly noticed the monorail. And a monorail may actually even be less noticeable at the Boardwalk than the Polynesian! Just my two cents...

  2. #32
    Song757's Avatar
    Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Holyoke,MA
    Posts
    95
    This one has been around for years.
    GreatestPlace on Earth


    Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

  3. #33
    nick.jeschke's Avatar
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,045
    Disney may also be trying to think about the bottom line as well. Gas is still not cheep, and installing a monorail may be more cost effective in the far off future than relying on gas. Just a thought.

  4. #34
    disney fanatic's Avatar
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Burnin' up with you, baby!
    Posts
    3,724
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke View Post
    Well, if you have ever stayed at the Polynesian, you truthfully hardly ever see it if your just staying around the resort. Part of the reason is why the monorail is quiet. I stayed at the Polynesian a few summers ago, and hardly noticed the monorail. And it was a great way for me to get from resort to resort or to the MK. Or even just ride around! Again, I hardly noticed the monorail. And a monorail may actually even be less noticeable at the Boardwalk than the Polynesian! Just my two cents...
    Yeah, you are right in many ways. However, go down to a Yacht club and look for a monorail.(Excluding Disney)..I am not saying that Monorails are necessarily terrible, but it does make a difference. They are great sources of transportation!

    He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

    Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT


  5. #35
    Mickey's#1Fan's Avatar
    Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    Posts
    563
    a moniral would be a great idea especially from miami to disney because my grandfather lives 30 minutes from there and he is handicapped so when we go we have to drive for 3 hours then when we want to go to a park we have to take a car because it takes too long to get on the busses and not many of them hold wheelchairs and they take up too much room so if they connected all the parks this would deffinetly save my family lots of time walking back and forth to the car and putting a wheelchair together!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

    "please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute


    check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar


    WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

  6. #36
    BamaJenn's Avatar
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Idea Bag
    Posts
    8,572
    I too have heard this rumor for ages. Heck when MGM first opened I remember asking my father... "Daddy, why do we have to get off the monorail to go there? Isn't it part of Disney World?" I was young ok...

    Anyway... it, like many rumors, would be fantatic if true... though I question it's validity just as many others have.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

  7. #37
    MiamiguyinDRC's Avatar
    MiamiguyinDRC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Winter Haven
    Posts
    7

    Cool Former Miami resident...

    i have been hearing for years that they were gonna build that water park in Homestead, and I asked around at where i work on property and they suppsedly scrapped that idea when the Raceway was put in. i would have loved to have seen that
    If you like visiting, U should try working here .

  8. #38
    ChampDisney's Avatar
    ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Homestead, Florida
    Posts
    314
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

    Yes, I have mentioned that because I do live in Miami or shall I say Homestead so I should put in Homestead for my location. Well getting back on track now, Homestead is a great place you have great homes & half of the homes there are still being worked on, then you have farms there which could be a good idea for Disney to buy land from a farm & build that certain water park. Also you have that Homestead Speed Way which is just something to please the red-necks because most of them live there but still you have children there & theres not much for them to do & by opening a Disney Water Park you sure will find plenty of people there in the weekends, summer vactions, & sunny days ect. So I don't think that a Speed Way won't do much harm look theres plenty of land, hey I'm living in a brand new house that was just made over 6 months ago. Wow, this place has it going on & a water park would most likely be a wonderful place to put it!
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 01-02-2007 at 07:46 PM.

  9. #39
    MiamiguyinDRC's Avatar
    MiamiguyinDRC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Winter Haven
    Posts
    7
    Yea, i dont know if they would ever get that monorail from Miami, that would just be unrealistic. I really do hope they connect MGM though that would be nice. I hate having to drive out of there to go to epcot .
    If you like visiting, U should try working here .

  10. #40
    ChampDisney's Avatar
    ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Homestead, Florida
    Posts
    314
    CM's that work on the Monorail have told me & my grandmother that I took last year that the Monorail's will soon go up to MGM Studios luckly I was going to EPCOT that day.

  11. #41
    MayBWeRMnt2B's Avatar
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    the place where dreams come true...
    Posts
    7,413
    The rumor has been around forever, but maybe someday it will come true. I can see them expanding to MGM before Animal Kingdom, but who knows. We'll wait and see. If I see anything being built, then I'll be excited.
    - Jeanne

    Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

    Aulani - September 2011



    Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

  12. #42
    BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    84
    Well if they did extend it to say the Boardwalk it might not interfere too much with the theme.

    If they did it correctly (and I work in Atlantic City and Ocean City and Wildwood and Cape may) you see all over town the types of transport stations people use. If they were to model the station after one of the old tran car stations from wildwood, or one of the old jitney stops from atlantic city or one of the double decker bus stations in Cape May then the station itself would blend into the theme of the hotel. Yes a big modern looking train would come in every few mintues but it could still work. I kind of picture the station at the Grand as an old school train station and the one at the polynesian is the hardest to make fit I suppose and the contemporary just works haha.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

  13. #43
    joepic's Avatar
    joepic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHuet View Post
    Well if they did extend it to say the Boardwalk it might not interfere too much with the theme.
    I disagree, that might defeat the entire purpose of a boardwalk!

    I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney


    August 2008 - Contemporary
    , 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

  14. #44
    Figment1982 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20
    The Swan and Dolphin being designed to allow the monorails to run through is a false statement. Those black squares are a trademark of the architect who designed the buildings. It is also incorrect that the Swan and Dolphin statues were placed on the wrong buildings.

    And I'll believe the monorail expansion when I see it...

  15. #45
    ChampDisney's Avatar
    ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Homestead, Florida
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment1982 View Post
    And I'll believe the monorail expansion when I see it...
    Thats the way I'm seeing it too as of now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •