Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Monorail Rumors from the CMs in the News & Rumors forums; I agree that money needs to be put into the parks, but I wouldn't agree that too much is put into DLR. It has needed some TLC for a while ...
    echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree that money needs to be put into the parks, but I wouldn't agree that too much is put into DLR. It has needed some TLC for a while now too. During the latter half of the Eisner years, all of the parks fell into some disrepair due to neglect and the militant approach of the accountants.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Since DLR is the flagship, and where all of the celebrities go, they tend to spend more money there and keep it constantly fresh, like MK at WDW. That said, they do tend to let things get a little run down before they refurb at almost every other property or park. While monorails to everywhere would be awesome, so would fixing up the bathrooms at AK, and sprucing up several things at Hollywood studios and AK. Don't know what condition the Cali parks are in, but seems like they would naturally spend a lot more there. I don't even know where in AK we were but the bathrooms were horrible (maybe it was part of the themeing for that area........)
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Kellyn25 is offline A-Ticket holder
    And the cost of this expansion? don't get me wrong I'm all for expanding the monorail!!!!!! But is it worth the cost? Look at the problem with the new monorails in DL. They can't afford that at WDW. Plus that would mean new monorails.....I would hate to see the WDW monorail design be changed. I'm not a huge fan of the ones at DL.

NutsAboutDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Milford, PA Too Far to Visit Mickey Everyday
    As a big fan of the monorails. I would love to see them connecting all the parks as well as more of the resorts. However based on what I read somewhere that the monorail costs more than a million dollars a mile to lay the track. That does not include the trains. However there are already the required footings laid in Epcot/World Showcase so the monorail could go to MGM. Again I usually ride the monorails after the park closes just to ride them. Ok now an important question for all of us monorail lovers, What will the new colors be. ???????

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsAboutDisne View Post
    As a big fan of the monorails. I would love to see them connecting all the parks as well as more of the resorts. However based on what I read somewhere that the monorail costs more than a million dollars a mile to lay the track. That does not include the trains.
    It costs much more than a million dollars, actually. The Las Vegas monorail, run using similar technology, cost upwards of 85 million dollars per mile of track. The whole project in Vegas, including trains, stations, and all the legal stuff, cost about 650 million dollars for about 4 and a half miles of monorail. Since Disney doesn't charge to ride the monorail, there's no direct way they could recoup that huge investment. I can't see them phasing out many buses, unless every single resort was on the monorail (which I doubt they'd do), or gas got to be more than $100/gallon or something.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsAboutDisne View Post
    Ok now an important question for all of us monorail lovers, What will the new colors be. ???????
    One should be the colors of everyone's favorite mouse red, black and yellow of course! I also think it should have Mickey's face on the front like on the beginning old cartoons.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyn25 View Post
    And the cost of this expansion? don't get me wrong I'm all for expanding the monorail!!!!!! But is it worth the cost? Look at the problem with the new monorails in DL. They can't afford that at WDW. Plus that would mean new monorails.....I would hate to see the WDW monorail design be changed. I'm not a huge fan of the ones at DL.
    What's the problem with the DL monorails?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

disney95 is offline A-Ticket holder

Arrow

A new monorail would be awsome. I just hope they don't waste even more money on something that is not that important. Look at what Disney is building now... 2 new cruise ships double the size, extension on the CR, extension on AK Lodge, maybe a new theme park!!! Pretty soon it would be cheaper to live in Hawaii!!!
    July 20-27> POLYNESIAN!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Monorail Rumors from the CMs

Quote Originally Posted by mondo1748 View Post
    I agree fix what they have and with teh extra money focus on WDW improvements. To much money is put into Disneyland and WDW needs the focus more
    The first thing to happen to Disneyland in a long time is the upgrades to DCA which is just now happening. They're adding the Cars section and the Little Mermaid Attraction. And DL just got new monorails.

P.S. The new monorail look SO much better than the WDW ones now. They went retro. The monorails look like the original concept art.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 07-07-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Monorail Rumors from the CMs

Monorail Rumors from the CMs-dsc_0019.jpg
    Monorail Rumors from the CMs-3337222098_ca96e623e1.jpg
    Monorail Rumors from the CMs-2724689170_a17b4d72c4.jpg
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567