Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Monorail Rumors from the CMs in the News & Rumors forums; I spent the majority of the day bumming around the Magic Kingdom hotel loop yesterday (I did the Cocktail Trail, as the waitresses call it) and from riding the monorail ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Monorail Rumors from the CMs

I spent the majority of the day bumming around the Magic Kingdom hotel loop yesterday (I did the Cocktail Trail, as the waitresses call it) and from riding the monorail and chatting it up with different waiters and waitresses, besides monorail driver's, we heard some rumors or "truths" as the CM called one of them...

-- First one is that Disney IS in fact building a monorail that will connect Epcot and MGM to the main monorail system. Basically from what I understood, MGM would be added on to as a hub from the ticket and transportation center. It would also go to a few MGM hotels along the way. Epcot would be connected to some of the Epcot hotels in the area. I know this rumor has been around forever, but the monorail driver said that it has already been approved by the "higher ups" in Disney and they are in the process of ordering materials and getting permits, so... who knows.

-- The second one is just a fun little rumor about the monorail. As you probably know, the top speed is 40 mph of the monorails. However, where they get them in Canada, they have a different type of track, and the monorails are tested at speeds up to 120 mph. The rumor is at night when maintenance was testing the monorails, they got the monorails to go 80 mphs on the straight shot between Epcot and MK by over-riding the system. I just thought this was an amusing tidbit.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    -- The second one is just a fun little rumor about the monorail. As you probably know, the top speed is 40 mph of the monorails. However, where they get them in Canada, they have a different type of track, and the monorails are tested at speeds up to 120 mph. The rumor is at night when maintenance was testing the monorails, they got the monorails to go 80 mphs on the straight shot between Epcot and MK by over-riding the system. I just thought this was an amusing tidbit.
    Monorails are from Canada? How cool is that! We drive fast so we need fast monorails!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I love the monorail. It would be awsome if they could connect the whole resort somehow on them.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    This would be great if they connect the monorail to more resorts. Then maybe I'll consider going to other resorts beside the MK ones.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    This is awesome news! I am an advocate for Monorail expansion! I have been waiting for them to expand the line for quite a while. Its a great way to get around WDW and fun at the same time.

And the 80 MPH tidbit, I would love to be able to be there for that! Zooming buy the trees and heading towards Spaceship Earth at 88 MPH! Imagine how fun that would be!

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    120?! omg lol. I agree-- expanding the monorail to other resorts would be helpful.
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Well, guess that would mean the tickets prices will be going up like 50 bucks for the day one....LOL

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    Well, guess that would mean the tickets prices will be going up like 50 bucks for the day one....LOL
    I feel the same way. I feel tickets would go up, but I would be excited to see.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but my mom told me this, there was this original plan to build a Disney World monorail system that starts at Miami and goes all the way to the Walt Disney World Resort. Now this wasnt recent this was wayyyyyy back in the day when Disney first opened in Florida. My mom was in 8th grade when this was said i think.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Hmm.. that definately seems interesting.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

and i live an hour north of miami, soo that would be possibly the coolest ride to disney/
    Ayhab the Arab

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayhab View Post
    I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but my mom told me this, there was this original plan to build a Disney World monorail system that starts at Miami and goes all the way to the Walt Disney World Resort. Now this wasnt recent this was wayyyyyy back in the day when Disney first opened in Florida. My mom was in 8th grade when this was said i think.

LOL...so you are saying your mom is old......LOL....I"M TELLIN' LOL

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well there Ayhab, I personally live in Miami & I have heard tons of things about Walt Disney World. One was that Walt Disney World was may I say going to be built in Miami & that was Walt's idea as I heard. Never heard of that Monorail rumor but since it was from your mom then guess what your mom is not the only one that tells you Disney things. lol! My mother had told me about a year ago that a Disney water park was coming to Homestead & I'm still waiting for it but since the hurricanes I think there has been either a change of locating it or delaying it til' later.

Ya she said that was a rumor back in the day, i was just wondering if anyone else heard it. if disney was in miami, it would be so much for different i think.
    Ayhab the Arab

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Interesting maybe this is why they are clearing land outside MGM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast