Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW International Program (WDWIP) Discuss Great Information about the WDWIP in the Cast Members forums; I'm from Canada too and was thinking about applying but did you find it was hard to be away from home that long? Don't get me wrong I LOVE Disney ...
    TiNkErBeLL87 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm from Canada too and was thinking about applying but did you find it was hard to be away from home that long? Don't get me wrong I LOVE Disney but a year is a long time

castmember is offline A-Ticket holder
    Some contracts are only 6 months long - at least they were in my time. You can also leave any time you like, just like an ordinary job. But you won't get back your airfare if you don't complete the contract,though.

It's worth asking if they have any shorter contracts, I knew people that stayed 6 or 8 months, which might suit you more.

I actually found a year was not enough - it was so much fun and time does really fly! You can always take what is called a back to back (2 days off from consecutive weeks put together to make 4 days off in a row) and fly back home for a few days, if you are feeling a bit homesick.
    Claudia

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    My contract was for 6months. I found it nowhere near long enough!! I wished I could have stayed longer. I am the kind of person who likes to travel so being away from my family wasn't an issue. It's not like Florida is that far away, I knew lots of my fellow Canadian CMs have family visit them. We used to get a special pass that could get family and friends into WDW for free. One year sounds like a long time but believe me it goes by fast. The day after I got home from my 6month contract I felt like it was all a dream and I had only been there a moment it went by so fast.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Does anyone have an idea when applications start for summer 2008 had a look on the website but couldn't see anything.

Ruddy

castmember is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Int'l program pretty much hires all the time - and there is sometimes considerable delay between getting the job and actually getting to Orlando.

You can't specify when you want to start (unless you get lucky) and for example I interviewed in Feb and was in Orlando in May whereas other people that also arrived in May had been interviewed as much as a year before.

So just apply now and take it from there. you may or may not make it in time for Summer 08 but rest assured that people arrive year-round!
    Claudia

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Thanks for the info, i'll get to it tomorrow!

Ruddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12