Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Radio Running Team Discuss WDW Marathon Course and Food in the Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events forums; Took a look at the new course for next year and now I'm even more excited. One thing I did notice was missing is where they put the food and ...
    Disbull is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Marathon Course and Food

Took a look at the new course for next year and now I'm even more excited.

One thing I did notice was missing is where they put the food and water stations. Anyone have experience with what kind of food they provide and where on the course?

Thanks

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Re: WDW Marathon Course and Food

Not sure about with the new course, but I'd imagine the food stations will be located at similar distance points as in the past. Chuck Lionberger of the Disney Daddy blog wrote a great article about this for the 2012 marathon: http://disneydaddy.blogspot.com/2011...-marathon.html
    For the marathon last year, they provided your choice of water or lemon lime gatorade at the water stations. Each food station offered something different. I can't remember exactly what they had at what distances, but they handed out bananas (I think twice), there was a cliff bar section, and a candy section (near the end).
    Good luck in your training!
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

JavaPuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

Walt Disney World events serve Powerade & Water at all Aide Stations. The stations are spaced about 1 - 1.5 miles apart. I recommend using a hydration belt (like a FuelBelt) so that you can drink whenever you want and use the Disney-provided Aide Stations as a "backup".

A couple of Stations will have bananas & Gels (have been Clif Shots in the past). They will also have a chocolate station, normally near where you enter Hollywood Studios.

Hope This Helps!!!
    Dream Big Dream Team-ers!

Hap!

Happy Keller
    WDW Radio Running Team 'Coach'
    wdwradiorun@gmail.com

I did the second half of the relay and it seemed like I had all the food stations. Bananas and clif shots along the course and I can remember getting Nemo fruit snacks and chocolate in The Studios.

Sometimes there are families along the way handing out gummy bears, pretzels,......

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Lightyear is offline A-Ticket holder

This e-mail may be a bit off course :-) however I wanted to know what the experts say about bringing a camera onto the marathon run. I have not trained with a hydration belt...just some Jelly Belly beans in my pocket for snacks along the way. The last thing I want is to introduce a new element to my running which carries a camera a week before the race. My family will be up in enough time only to see me cross the finish line (we are traveling with a lot of kiddos who don't need to be up that early). Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!!!
    Christian
    Been there, going back, again, and again, and again.