Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Radio Running Team Discuss 2012 Disneyland Half-Marathon - June Run/Walk Schedules in the Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events forums; Hi Folks, Attached are the June Run/Walk Schedules for the 2012 Disneyland Half-Marathon - One for "Just Finish"; the other for "Experienced Runners". As always, if you have any questions, ...
    JavaPuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

2012 Disneyland Half-Marathon - June Run/Walk Schedules

Hi Folks,

Attached are the June Run/Walk Schedules for the 2012 Disneyland Half-Marathon - One for "Just Finish"; the other for "Experienced Runners".

As always, if you have any questions, please shoot me an e-mail to wdwradiorun@gmail.com.
    Dream Big Dream Team-ers!

Hap!

Happy Keller
    WDW Radio Running Team 'Coach'
    wdwradiorun@gmail.com

DisneyMonkey is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: 2012 Disneyland Half-Marathon - June Run/Walk Schedules

Hi Happy and the WDW Radio Running Team!

I have recently joined the team and I am training up for the next Princess Half-Marathon. Right now I am running about 3 miles 3 times a week at a pace of about 12 min/mile. I am working to stretch that out to a half-marathon distance using this plan, and I know I will need to do a little walking during the longer runs. My challenge is that I don't really know how to work the walking part in. I either wait too long and then have a hard time recovering or I walk too much and am not pushing myself enough. Also, once I start walking my running intervals get shorter and shorter.

Can you give me some advice on working this into my running so that I can work on those longer distances? My goal for the big race is just to finish. I am not trying to run the whole thing or get a good time (although I am looking to HAVE a good time- ha ha).

Thanks a bunch!!

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

DisneyMonkey,
    Check out the Galloway plans on the runDisney website. There's one already up for Princess. These plans are interval - walk/run- plans. You may have to play around and see what intervals (1/:30, 2/1, 3/1, etc.) works best for you, but it sounds like you're at a good starting point! Lots of people follow Galloway at Disney, so you won't be alone!
    Best of luck!
    D.
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

JavaPuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMonkey View Post
    Hi Happy and the WDW Radio Running Team!

I have recently joined the team and I am training up for the next Princess Half-Marathon. Right now I am running about 3 miles 3 times a week at a pace of about 12 min/mile. I am working to stretch that out to a half-marathon distance using this plan, and I know I will need to do a little walking during the longer runs. My challenge is that I don't really know how to work the walking part in. I either wait too long and then have a hard time recovering or I walk too much and am not pushing myself enough. Also, once I start walking my running intervals get shorter and shorter.

Can you give me some advice on working this into my running so that I can work on those longer distances? My goal for the big race is just to finish. I am not trying to run the whole thing or get a good time (although I am looking to HAVE a good time- ha ha).

Thanks a bunch!!
    Please feel free to e-mail directly with your questions at wdwradiorun@gmail.com...I will get back to you quickly!

In the meantime, here's a great video Jeff Galloway did for runDisney explaining his Run/Walk/Run system -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikfRZ...1&feature=mhum.

I do a Run/Walk myself, and it is much easier on your body (while not compromising potential finishing time) than "just running")!

We need to get you to do your "Magic Mile" (watch the video), and then see what your Run/Walk ratio should be.
    Dream Big Dream Team-ers!

Hap!

Happy Keller
    WDW Radio Running Team 'Coach'
    wdwradiorun@gmail.com