Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Listening *with* iPod in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Don't go Ipod. Go with Creative Zen, much better product....
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Don't go Ipod. Go with Creative Zen, much better product.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Zen is supposed to be good. I don't know much about it beyond the fact that my niece is getting one for her birthday and her father has worked in the electronics industry for years, so I assume HE'D be looking at the newest and best. I will steer you away from IPOD shuffle. It's fine for just listening to music, but it doesn't give you a way to see what you are listening to or be able to pick and choose what part of a song/podcast you want to listen to. If you hit the wrong button, you find yourself having to start at the beginning of the podcast. (And we all know how long Lou can talk.) I like my new IPOD Nano, but I don't know enough to compare the Nano to the Zen. I have the 4GB model and I have more than enough room for music and WDW Radio.
    Last edited by mini-V; 11-12-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: grammar
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by di4now View Post
    I am from the PRE ipod generation and have enjoyed the first few broadcasts via my computer, but as a busy mom, I would much prefer download the podcasts. I am just beggining my research into purchasing an ipod or mp3 player but want to make sure i get enought memory to handle them. Any suggestions?
    thanks in advance for your help.
    Enjoying my newly discovered forum and the podcasts very much!
    Individual podcasts are very small in comparison to the size of your iPod. I have the smallest non-Shuffle variety of iPod (4 Gb Nano), and I've never had a problem with space. I have 723 individual songs, audio books, and podcast episodes on my iPod right now, and still have just under 1 Gb free. Don't let size be the major factor if you're just worried about having "enough" to hold podcasts. Really not an issue.

As to the posters who claimed another product was "much better", could you possibly give an explantion of that? *How* is it better? What does it do different/better than the iPod?

My main reason for sticking with the iPod is that only the iPod can play songs bough off of iTunes (at least without going through the hassle (and questionable legality) of breaking the DRM...)

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've know at least 4 people who have had problems with either the screen disappearing or the buttons stopped working on there Ipod. Not to mention the virus problem they had that was being transfered to computers from there IPod. Now I'm sure there are people out there that swear by IPod, that's fine. We all have our favorites. It is true you can't buy of Itunes with a Creative Zen though.
    Last edited by Disney05; 03-30-2007 at 02:57 PM.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Zen is supposed to be good. I don't know much about it beyond the fact that my niece is getting one for her birthday and her father has worked in the electronics industry for years, so I assume HE'D be looking at the newest and best. I will steer you away from IPOD shuffle. It's fine for just listening to music, but it doesn't give you a way to see what you are listening to or be able to pick and choice what part of a song/podcast you want to listen to. If you hit the wrong button, you find yourself having to start at the beginning of the podcast. (And we all know how long Lou can talk.) I like my new IPOD Nano, but I don't know enough to compare the Nano to the Zen. I have the 4GB model and I have more than enough room for music and WDW Radio.
    on the iPods, they have this feature called "remember playback position" so you don't lose your place in podcasts & long songs (over 10 minutes, many of my Disney songs are over 10 mins, so that feature is enabled as is it for podcasts)

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I'm normally not a big fan of being locked into any system but I have to say (1 year later) that I love my iPod. I bought it refurbished from Apple and got the two year service plan. This has worked out well for me as the whole thing still cost less than a new iPod and I don't have to worry about any hardware issues. I wouldn't buy an iPod without the service plan.

I have a 60Gb and will most likely have to buy the 80Gb in a few months as I'm running out of room. But I have a big music library (over 3400 songs at last count) and also buy video so my space usage isn't necessarily typical.

Why do I love my pod?
    It's easy to use/manage (for both the pod and iTunes) and is very reliable (not perfect, though)
    Pretty good online user support and a great warranty program (you can bring your pod into a local store if broken)
    I can get just about any song/podcast I want on iTunes and anything else I can just upload by CD

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

darrink1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    For those with a Windows Mobile phone (mine is a Motorola Q phone) and internet service, download an MP3 player such as TCPMP coreplayer (its free).
    Then simply open up the MP3 file: www wdwradio com / podcasts / wdwradio038-10-28-07 mp3 in TCPMP (replace spaces with dots)
    Instead of having to copy the entire file to your phone, it will being to play straight away (steam the mp3 instead of download it).
    You can still go forward and backward in the audio file, but it does take a little bit longer.
    Every week just change the file name to refect the show# and date of the show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12