Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Listening *with* iPod in the The WDW Radio Show forums; For those of you, like me, who want to use your iPod to listen to the new show, even though it's not in iTMS yet, I just figured out how ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

Listening *with* iPod

For those of you, like me, who want to use your iPod to listen to the new show, even though it's not in iTMS yet, I just figured out how to do it. So let me share the knowledge with anyone who was similarly confused. [and my apologies if this is repeated information - I didn't see it anywhere]

On the left-hand side of wdwradio.com site, right click the XML/RSS feed button, and copy the link location. Then open your iTunes application, select Advanced->Subscribe to Podcast. Paste in the XML/RSS link location (it should end with .xml) and hit okay. iTunes will retrieve the show's directory and start downloading the first episode.

Can't wait to listen on my way to work today!!

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    Thank for the tip.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

JimBob is offline A-Ticket holder
    Osceola, IN (about 90 miles East of Chicago)

Question

Excuse my ignorance but I can’t seem to find the link you are referring to.
    Nothing I see ends with an .xml
    Am I looking but not seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBob View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but I can’t seem to find the link you are referring to.
    Nothing I see ends with an .xml
    Am I looking but not seeing?
    On the left side of the wdwradio.com page, in the big Red column, near the bottom of the content in the Red column, it says "listen to the show". Beneath that, there is a purple-ish button for iTunes, which doesn't work yet because the podcast is not available in iTMS yet. Below that is a button that says RSS/XML. Right click that to find what it links to. It should be: http://www.wdwradio.com/xml/wdwradio.xml Then take that URL and paste it into the appropriate field in iTunes, as described above.

Hope that helps!

Paul Lalli

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    FYI - Show was approved and listed in iTunes today!! Please subscribe via iTunes (and if you like the show as it goes on, reviews are always welcome, helpful and appreicated!)

Thanks!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    FYI - Show was approved and listed in iTunes today!! Please subscribe via iTunes (and if you like the show as it goes on, reviews are always welcome, helpful and appreicated!)
    Sheesh. Good to know my first post about the new podcast turned out to be so useful...

Can't wait for the first full-length show, Lou. I'll post an iTunes review as soon as I hear it.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post

Thanks!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!

I can't wait to get home and download this! Thanks LOU!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

mguentz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Apparently not found in iTunes when you search "WDW Radio" however, you can select it from a list when you search on "WDW".

It's #16.

I was able to find it very easily by doing a Power Search in iTunes under Podcasts! I typed in Lou's name as author and then put in Disney as another keyword and his podcast popped right up! I subscribed and can't wait for show #2!!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

JediGamer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yep, that's how I found it!

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I typed in Lou's name in the search box and it popped right up! I've downloaded it and can't wait for show #2!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I bought a new I-pod today to listen to the new show.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

UKCatinGA is offline A-Ticket holder
    Looking forward to updating my iPod shortly with the new podcast.

Talk about disappointing!! No not the show!!

I settled into my seat on the train this afternoon for my long hour's ride out to the "burbs", slipped my ticket into the viewing slot so the conductor wouldn't bug me, flipped open my iPod scrolled down to podcasts, scrolled down to WDW Radio, only to see that my iPod didn't update last night! I know I saw it in download, but darn it all if it didn't sync. My fault for not checking!

Dang...

So, I'll be tuning in tonight!! Can't wait!

Boy that was a long boring ride home!

di4now is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am from the PRE ipod generation and have enjoyed the first few broadcasts via my computer, but as a busy mom, I would much prefer download the podcasts. I am just beggining my research into purchasing an ipod or mp3 player but want to make sure i get enought memory to handle them. Any suggestions?
    thanks in advance for your help.
    Enjoying my newly discovered forum and the podcasts very much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast