Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Show Ideas in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hey Lou, Hope you don't mind me starting a new thread here. I know you've got plenty of ideas (based on what I heard on the first show this morning) ...
    Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Show Ideas

Hey Lou,

Hope you don't mind me starting a new thread here. I know you've got plenty of ideas (based on what I heard on the first show this morning) and certainly enough to keep the show going for a while. But you said something in the next to last Mouse Tunes (which I'm just listening to) about the concept art you have from the 70s and such. That'd be a great section for the show or maybe at least to load to the website. I would LOVE to see some of this stuff.

Just an idea....

mguentz is offline A-Ticket holder

History appreciated

I agree! I think posting and discussing the concept art would be great.

I'd also be interested in your knowledge of old attractions that are no more. Whenever I go back to WDW, my kids don't believe me when I say there was a ride that shrunk you down to microscopic size in Tomorrowland (and it didn't involve Rick Moranis).

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I will soon.

vanMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree too. It would be neat to see what projects were in development and compare them to what we see Imagineering thinking today.

How about an update on your training for the /12 marathon? Any cameos by "the inspiration" Dr. Mike Scopa?

coasterridr is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mguentz View Post
    I agree! I think posting and discussing the concept art would be great.

I'd also be interested in your knowledge of old attractions that are no more. Whenever I go back to WDW, my kids don't believe me when I say there was a ride that shrunk you down to microscopic size in Tomorrowland (and it didn't involve Rick Moranis).

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I will soon.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was ever a attraction in WDW's Tomorrowland that involved shrinking down to microscopic size, there is however Body Wars at Epcot's Wonders of Life (open sometimes) and the long extinct Monsanto's Adventure through Innerspace at Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Can't wait for the full show...

mguentz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was ever a attraction in WDW's Tomorrowland that involved shrinking down to microscopic size, there is however Body Wars at Epcot's Wonders of Life (open sometimes) and the long extinct Monsanto's Adventure through Innerspace at Disneyland's Tomorrowland.
    Ah! You are sooo right. It was Adventure Through Innerspace at Disneyland I was thinking of. For some reason I thought it was WDW. I was young...things melded together.

There's a great article at Wikipedia about it.

Jedi_Galvatron is offline A-Ticket holder
    It'd be especially cool to discuss old attractions I agree. Even discussing attraction changes over the years would be excellent. Most local newspapers have a "the way we were" section where they show a picture from the past and discuss what life was like then and how it differs today, a radio segment version of that would be perfect for WDW Radio. Especially with Epcot's b-day bash coming up you could easily fill a few weeks of those segments with gone but not forgotten epcot attractions, discuss the pre-rehab Journey into Imagination, Elen's Energy Adventure, etc.